aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1073086 times)

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2685 on: November 17, 2020, 02:45:01 am »
@Solarius Scorch For tarkalak render bug, do filar close to stairs (in tile over top part) is in object slot? If yes then game think it can't render unit in this tile and will draw it under.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2686 on: November 17, 2020, 04:46:34 pm »
@Solarius Scorch For tarkalak render bug, do filar close to stairs (in tile over top part) is in object slot? If yes then game think it can't render unit in this tile and will draw it under.

You're right - this pillar was used as an object, while it should be west wall.
The reason for this mistake was probably because the pillar on the opposite side of the stairs had to be placed as an object (since the western wall was already taken by the small fence); however, in this case it can be properly placed as a western wall.

I fixed the issue. Thanks for the clarification, wouldn't locate this myself.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2687 on: November 19, 2020, 09:48:09 pm »
I noticed that you made changes in the way Cult Arms are bought. Unfortunately the 5.56 (with \[i\]) research still requires Exalt Operation to buy the ammo.

I have just updated master at:

Code: [Select]
mods/XComFiles$ git log
commit c62a484ac6027302a2f65cf6d78234ce449320d4 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: SolariusScorch <solar_scorch@o2.pl>
Date:   Wed Nov 18 16:25:51 2020 +0100

Better reinforced UAC wall texture (by Brain_322)

I have a bunch of 5.56 guns researched and can see the stats of the 5.56 ammo (research item without the \[i\]), but cannot buy it still.

EDIT: The "\" should be removed while reading, because I don't know how to write without turning it into italic and putting it in code
is just ugly.
« Last Edit: November 19, 2020, 09:53:25 pm by tarkalak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2688 on: November 20, 2020, 03:03:45 pm »
I noticed that you made changes in the way Cult Arms are bought. Unfortunately the 5.56 (with \[i\]) research still requires Exalt Operation to buy the ammo.

I have a bunch of 5.56 guns researched and can see the stats of the 5.56 ammo (research item without the \[i\]), but cannot buy it still.

Yes, you are tight. I fixed that, hopefully, so please try to update again. (This code is getting kinda too insane.)

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2689 on: November 22, 2020, 04:15:53 pm »
X-COM dog Gabi can't bite Osiron Goon during an Osiron Beach mission. The dog stands on grass, the goon stands on a stony pathway. See the attached savefile. Game versions are: OpenXcom – 6.7.2 (2020-10-24), The X-Com Files — 1.6.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2690 on: November 22, 2020, 04:32:28 pm »
Most likely the tall grass is obscuring her vision.

Offline EmoNewtype

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2691 on: November 25, 2020, 09:42:54 am »
I've found what looks like a minor oversight in the manufacturing menu, Incinerator Clips are classified as Ammo, not Ammunition, resulting in them having an entire category in the sorting dropdown just for them. Similarly, Durathread, Alien Alloys, UFO Power Source, UFO Navigation, UFO Navigation Disassembly, and Elerium (from Alien Fuel Trace) are classified as Components, instead of Basic Component.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2692 on: November 25, 2020, 04:35:15 pm »
Thank you, what a blunder :) Fixing.

Offline ZakG

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2693 on: November 27, 2020, 10:30:58 am »
(Using xfiles_1.6b version)

I've just researched Nobelon and got the message that we can now produce it in the workshop. However when i go there (via the 'manufacture' button) it is not listed and when i look into the details in the workshop screen it has 'workshop' as a requirement. I can't even build a 'workshop' currently (and not sure how to be able too) but i guess the 'workshop' space (15) provided by the X-com Headquarters or the 5 engineers i have (to unpack crates of weapons etc) is not enough to be able to produce Nobelon?

Not sure if this was a small bug or working as designed?

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2694 on: November 27, 2020, 12:20:35 pm »
Working as designed. The "Workshop" is a building that you will unlock later. It is needed for the production of most gadgets.

Did you research the Chief Engineer?

Offline ZakG

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2695 on: November 27, 2020, 02:00:02 pm »
Ah yes thanks. I did just get a Chief Engineer and the option to research a workshop. I was just curious about the facilities i have not working or it being as intended.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2696 on: November 27, 2020, 10:03:36 pm »
Yes, you are tight. I fixed that, hopefully, so please try to update again. (This code is getting kinda too insane.)

Yep, I learned from some pretty anal QA people that I used fix defects from. Ah, fun times with friends. Imagine if I actually used these guns. :)

It still doesn't work, but I assume that is because I need to unresearch and research again Promotion II. It will not automatically unlock the new topic I guess. Will do that and see if it works. Last picture.

EDIT: Yey, it finally worked.

So I just upgraded to OXCE 6.8 and
commit bac7f6fb44462b98ff5d4010eebf803a74ef1285 (HEAD -> master, origin/master, origin/HEAD)
Author: SolariusScorch <solar_scorch@o2.pl>
Date:   Fri Nov 27 17:17:36 2020 +0100

Fixed Advanced Robotics preqs

Am I supposed to have HWP smoke ammo in the inventory? I have one item. Seems to be built from the Alenium Shard Awakening research. I am unable to neither buy nor manufacture it.

I think that the HWP Smoke Projector autofills out of combat and doesn't need reloads.

EDIT: Also looking at my save, shouldn't the STR_ZSRR_MOLOLEC be STR_ZSRR_MOLODEC (with D instead of L) or may be that will break too many things.
« Last Edit: November 27, 2020, 10:47:23 pm by tarkalak »

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2697 on: November 28, 2020, 10:24:04 am »
Too much text for this pedia article.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2698 on: November 28, 2020, 01:19:29 pm »
Am I supposed to have HWP smoke ammo in the inventory? I have one item. Seems to be built from the Alenium Shard Awakening research. I am unable to neither buy nor manufacture it.

I think that the HWP Smoke Projector autofills out of combat and doesn't need reloads.

Yes, you're right. I will remove it from the manufacturing results.

EDIT: Also looking at my save, shouldn't the STR_ZSRR_MOLOLEC be STR_ZSRR_MOLODEC (with D instead of L) or may be that will break too many things.

Yes it should, it was simply a weird typo. And now I can't fix it without breaking everyone's saves. It's internal, so whatever.

Too much text for this pedia article.

Yeah, still tweaking it.

Offline Fomka

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2699 on: November 29, 2020, 06:17:56 pm »
I'm getting a crash while opening Memorial option in Agent list.
How to reproduce:
1. Load the attached save.
2. Open the Ufopaedia and close it.
3. Open the Graphs, go through some options there (UFO Activity in areas, in countries, Score... Totals and results for a specific region/country...) and close them.
4. Go to Bases, then Agents, then Memorial.
5. Crash "Segmentation fault".

I was trying to confirm via the Memorial that the first UFO encounter, where all agents were killed, happened in North America, as a surge in the Graphs says.

Game versions are: OpenXcom – 6.7.2 (2020-10-24), The X-Com Files — 1.6.