Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071810 times)

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2550 on: July 16, 2020, 08:56:20 pm »
Alien Sentinels doesn't unlock upon researching an Ethereal Sentinel. Adding it to discovered techs fixes the issue, but I couldn't find an identifiable cause in the code.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2020, 09:11:32 pm by anothrgamer1234 »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2551 on: July 16, 2020, 10:42:01 pm »
Alien Sentinels doesn't unlock upon researching an Ethereal Sentinel. Adding it to discovered techs fixes the issue, but I couldn't find an identifiable cause in the code.
Probably beacuse it has a non-zero reasearch cost and requires an item.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2552 on: July 17, 2020, 12:11:56 am »
Probably beacuse it has a non-zero reasearch cost and requires an item.
The problem is that the item was something that (as far as I know) doesn't exist in the game. Shouldn't it just be made researchable after the Ethereal in question is researched, like how Alien Soldiers opens up after any soldier is interrogated?

I think making it a dependency instead of item-based will fix the problem.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 01:41:10 am by anothrgamer1234 »

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2553 on: July 17, 2020, 09:03:50 am »
The training multiplier defines how long it takes for a stat to increase. Again, I don't know if the training stat caps were changed.

EDIT:
Just a small peeve, but there is no hybrid sprite for the bulletproof coat, only for the normal coat. The armor defintion simply resuses the hybrid sprite.

There is a solid drop, as expected. Now my soldiers will need to start killing things with Reaction fire to get improvements.

NOTE: The left one is the new one on the attachment.
« Last Edit: July 17, 2020, 09:06:15 am by tarkalak »

Offline Cynus_X

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2554 on: July 18, 2020, 10:30:29 am »
Just did a regular cult base attack on the church of Dagon and came across Gillman carrying HKMP5. I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but I noticed that they didn't use their electrical attacks on me (or it was luck). I dont think they shot at me at all. Saying this because on a seamonster attack earlier they didn't use human guns.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2555 on: July 21, 2020, 01:43:05 am »
Soldier's head is clipped by the wall above on David Vincent map. Happens on the ladders from the basement. Version is 1.4.

I remember that something similar was reported for another place on the same map, but couldn't find when. Apologies if this was already fixed.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2556 on: July 21, 2020, 10:34:06 am »
Soldier's head is clipped by the wall above on David Vincent map. Happens on the ladders from the basement. Version is 1.4.

I remember that something similar was reported for another place on the same map, but couldn't find when. Apologies if this was already fixed.
Not map or mod-related. This is a rendering issue with the version of OXCE you're using. It's fixed in the newest one.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2557 on: July 21, 2020, 04:54:14 pm »
Not map or mod-related. This is a rendering issue with the version of OXCE you're using. It's fixed in the newest one.

OK. Thanks.

EDIT: To not get double post.

Some concealable missions allow for HUMVEE, HELICOPTER and the DRAGONFLY, like the Shady Tavern and the Syndicate Data Seizure. In the later case even the Syndicate Operations text talks about using a civilian car.

The helicopter could pass as civilian, but the rest are military, aren't they?

EDIT 2: Minor description bug: The Mac10 is concealable but doesn't have ">concealable" in the description.
« Last Edit: July 23, 2020, 12:39:01 pm by tarkalak »

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2558 on: July 22, 2020, 01:39:17 pm »
The tags for the X-COM Assault Plasma's Elerium Bombs appear to be directly copied from the Sonic Shotgun's focused clip mode.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2559 on: July 25, 2020, 08:54:40 pm »
Hello, and sorry for the vdelay, I am slowly getting back on top of things after my holidays.

The Black Sphere doesn't give any kind of report when researched. Given its obvious role in the Cult of Apocalypse arc, is this ntentional or a bug?

It's work in progress. I literally don't have any good ideas for it yet, at least nothing conceptualized.

Muton Commanders don't count for "Alien Commander is researched".

Intended. They're not "real" Commanders.
Maybe I should rename them or something...

1. Subculture: Westman. The text to the left side obscures some detail (wagons I think) on the picture, while the right side is mostly empty. You should flip the picture horizontally. That will also make the cowboy look left (west).

Sorry, but to quote the current POTUS: sounds great, doesn't work. The text partially obscures the cowboy. I know the current pic is not ideal, but I'd have to redo the entire picture somehow.

3. The Cult of Apocalypse research topic has prerequisites that don't have a string:
STR_CULT_OF_APOCALYPSE_PREQ_WESTM
STR_CULT_OF_APOCALYPSE_PREQ_TECH_I
STR_CULT_OF_APOCALYPSE_PREQ_LUCHAD
The cavemen are fine though.
The above seem to be cut, due to lack of space in the research viewer.

Good point, but I fixed it already.

4. Subculture: Cavemen. So they dress in furs and leather and believe in veganism!? Does not compute.
Although they are rich kids that play neanderthals, so it's probably fine. Still real cavemen probably ate everything they could get their hands on and utilized every part of the animal. Yes, you can make an edible soup out of hooves.

Right, of course they have nothing to do with real cavemen (which never really existed anyway as we imagine them :) ), they're a bunch of wackos. They're more or less how conservatists perceive "extreme liberals".

5. I recently restarted my 0.9.9 campaign with 1.4 and I haven't gotten Red Dawn and EXALT Bases in a few months. I got Gang Wars and Exalt Outpost, but no bases. May be it is just bad RNG, but I attached the save just in case.

I haven't decreased these percentages, so RNG.
(I hope you like the changes introduced since 0.9!)

6. Are the max stats for agents lowered now? I mean after adding the awards? Could you tell me where the max stats are shown?
I think I have a 2-3 people with way too high stats right now and I want to correct that.

Here are the stats caps, not including rewards, trainings etc.:

Code: [Select]
    statCaps:
      tu: 65
      stamina: 90
      health: 45
      bravery: 100
      reactions: 60
      firing: 90
      throwing: 70
      strength: 50
      psiStrength: 100
      psiSkill: 50
      melee: 90
      mana: 100

Just a small peeve, but there is no hybrid sprite for the bulletproof coat, only for the normal coat. The armor defintion simply resuses the hybrid sprite.

Yeah, I never got around to draw it...

Okay, I completely screwed this part. Fixing. Thanks for the heads up!

Just did a regular cult base attack on the church of Dagon and came across Gillman carrying HKMP5. I don't know if this is a bug or intended, but I noticed that they didn't use their electrical attacks on me (or it was luck). I dont think they shot at me at all. Saying this because on a seamonster attack earlier they didn't use human guns.

Not a bug, they just pick up stuff sometimes. I could prevent it, but I see no reason to, since they have humanlike hands and the brains to operate human weapons.

Some concealable missions allow for HUMVEE, HELICOPTER and the DRAGONFLY, like the Shady Tavern and the Syndicate Data Seizure. In the later case even the Syndicate Operations text talks about using a civilian car.

The helicopter could pass as civilian, but the rest are military, aren't they?

The Dragonfly is a 1005 civilian vehicle, albeit unusual.

The Humvee... It depends.

EDIT 2: Minor description bug: The Mac10 is concealable but doesn't have ">concealable" in the description.

Oops!

The tags for the X-COM Assault Plasma's Elerium Bombs appear to be directly copied from the Sonic Shotgun's focused clip mode.

I made some adjustments since then, hopefully it's OK now.

Offline anothrgamer1234

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2560 on: July 25, 2020, 11:10:22 pm »
Intended. They're not "real" Commanders.
Maybe I should rename them or something...
I suggest Muton Elite, that worked for EU2012 and it'll work here too. Or Elite Praetorian, it'll fit in with the leader class being called Praetorians.

For the black spheres, I could imagine them acting as a key of some kind leading to the stronghold of the Cult's demonic masters or perhaps the secret to how the cult can open hell portals, with the general gist from there being that cutting off the Cult's ability to call up the legions of hell will leave them as nothing more than a pack of disorganized thugs.

Also  after the final Cult of Apocalypse mission  I suggest adding commentary from staff of choice along the lines of "maybe now those monsters will stick to torturing bad dead people instead of good living ones".

P.S. Have you considered adding something we could spend lots of money on in the late game to endgame? I'm sitting on what was a 9-figure balance last time I checked and there's nothing useful I could spend it on- as much as I like the buffer for when most of my funders get infiltrated and I use up my last decrypted key, it's a little embarrassing to have so much money.

ADDENDUM:
From the changes you made to the Assault Plasma Grenade, line 11842 of items_XCOMFILES.rul:

categories: [STR_SHOTGUNS, STR_HUMAN_TECH, STR_SONIC, STR_CLIPS, STR_UNDERWATER, STR_SPACE, STR_LAND]

I don't know about you, but the Assault Plasma's Elerium Grenade still should not be classified as a shotgun, a sonic weapon, or usable underwater. You might want to go and fix it again. At that matter, the regular Assault Plasma clip has STR_LAND listed twice on it.  I've whipped up a PR on GitHub that should fix both of those problems, so merging it will squash the bug there for good.
« Last Edit: July 25, 2020, 11:32:41 pm by anothrgamer1234 »

Offline Supa-Aksu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2561 on: July 27, 2020, 02:29:41 pm »
Hello, I'm getting a segmentation fault when ending a (monster attack i think) mission. The crash seems to happen in any case, for example shooting the last remaining giant beetle with the guy that's selected first when the game is loaded (snapshot with rifle).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2562 on: July 27, 2020, 04:08:22 pm »
Hello, I'm getting a segmentation fault when ending a (monster attack i think) mission. The crash seems to happen in any case, for example shooting the last remaining giant beetle with the guy that's selected first when the game is loaded (snapshot with rifle).

Save is corrupted.

The craft is no longer marked as being on the battlescape and thus the game cannot find the xcom base where to send the recovered items.

Offline Supa-Aksu

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2563 on: July 27, 2020, 07:03:43 pm »
Ok, thanks. Must have happened before when I accidentally clicked the end mission button when I was going to save & quit. When I realized that, I closed the program from the task manager (while in the mission end screen showing points for the mission). Maybe I just should stop playing on iron man mode.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2564 on: July 27, 2020, 09:18:49 pm »
Attached is a fixed save.

And yes, I can only recommend not playing ironman.