Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072928 times)

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2415 on: May 28, 2020, 12:43:47 pm »
yes that happens with tanks.
but they can make a new door ;)

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2416 on: May 28, 2020, 01:10:13 pm »
yes that happens with tanks.
but they can make a new door ;)
I am aware that tanks can destroy walls. It is what I used to get it out. But it being inside the room still does not make sense. There was no way to get it in.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2417 on: May 28, 2020, 01:11:08 pm »
Obviously they uninstalled the wall, the tank entered and then they reinstalled the wall.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2418 on: May 28, 2020, 01:28:47 pm »
I just realised one more thing about getting the HWPs out. Yes, this was a Hovertank/LASER, so it could just shoot its way out. But I am not sure it would have been possible with a Flamer HWP.
Edit: And a rocket one could blow its way out, but would damage or destroy itself.
« Last Edit: May 28, 2020, 01:31:05 pm by Mathel »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2419 on: May 28, 2020, 01:33:32 pm »
There is no way to prevent this short of having all xcom units spawn in an open, non enclosed area, e.g. the roof. Which is the reason this was switched in the first place, because people kept getting their agents killed on the first round from reaction fire while trying to get down from the roof.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2420 on: May 28, 2020, 07:05:58 pm »
Files->awards

And then what?

I went there no problem. Can click on medals and stuff.

I need a more detailed description.

Error?

Ah, yeah. To be frank, I never use this viewer, and I tend to omit stuff which only appears there.

- Tritanium Handcuffs appearing on the pedia after update. Didn't even see any Tritanium so far.

Indeed, a bug.

- "Mass Murderer Interrogated" appearing on my research list. Went away by itself. Weird.

Normal behaviour when updating a version. Nothing to worry about.

- Mission after raiding a cult outpost or safehouse having corpses taken, but I didn't pick any corpses, as you can see.

You probably looted some durathread from dead enemies.

Not a bug, but a quibble: Black Lotus Witch handob (I think that's the right term) doens't seem to match their in-game sprite and pedia image. In-game and in-pedia, they look like rich women in high class dresses, but the handob/corpse looks like a japanese schoolgirl. Weird.

To me these sprites look perfectly matched. They're also used in Piratez, which they were originally made for (except they're blue instead of red).

I think you should find a better source of information about Japanese school uniforms, though admittedly I am interested. ;)

(Also it's not a handob, you probably mean bigob. It would be weird to have handobs for bodies, but not entirely illogical...)

Yes, but very very long, longer than aliens. It is explained by the fact that they are mentally programmed and not only)

Not longer, exactly just as long :)

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2421 on: May 28, 2020, 08:22:27 pm »
Just little question, please !
XFiles v1.4a
Language file :
  STR_WESTMEN_INFORMANT: "Easy Rider Informant"

It is correct or better is :

STR_WESTMEN_INFORMANT: "Westman Informant"

Tks !

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2422 on: May 28, 2020, 10:01:23 pm »
Oh hey, am I supposed to have criminal files always show up on the pedia? I never researched them, only found after a mission but I already had those on the pedia before it.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2423 on: May 29, 2020, 11:40:22 am »
Just little question, please !
XFiles v1.4a
Language file :
  STR_WESTMEN_INFORMANT: "Easy Rider Informant"

It is correct or better is :

STR_WESTMEN_INFORMANT: "Westman Informant"

Tks !

You're right. I switched from Easy Riders to Westmen with this mission and forgot to change this string.

Oh hey, am I supposed to have criminal files always show up on the pedia? I never researched them, only found after a mission but I already had those on the pedia before it.

Yes, it's because there is no research topic related to them. And there's no research topic, because if it was, this item would only give you points before researching it.
[/quote]

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2424 on: May 29, 2020, 07:59:36 pm »
Yes, it's because there is no research topic related to them. And there's no research topic, because if it was, this item would only give you points before researching it.

Why do they show up in land surveys, then?
Do they still give you points?

Offline Bonakva

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2425 on: May 30, 2020, 06:21:02 am »
And then what?

I went there no problem. Can click on medals and stuff.

I need a more detailed description.
My game crashes right after clicking "awords". I deleted the lines in the save responsible for the medals of the soldier Pavel Plamenev and crashes stopped.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2426 on: May 30, 2020, 01:02:17 pm »
May have been reported already but I'd like to request making things in selling screen consistent when "looked up" - some, especially the older stuff shows item viewer screen when middle-clicked, but a lot of items, even when already researched show up tech viewer screen. It'd be nice if it'd all be item viewer, would make it much easier to compare items, especially weapons, when selling/buying.

As for the handcuffs. I really like the idea but I've noticed two things. I apparently can only activate them on regular human enemies, nothing else (including things that are still humanoid and human-sized) and anything short of the lower-tier minions seems to be completely unfazed by them, no matter if they're bio-enhanced super strong supersoldiers (in case of which it'd be understandable) or some regular high-ranked shmuck. Are they meant to be of any use only in the beginning of the game? And if so, is there a chance we'll get better, sturdier, hi-tech versions of items meant to semi-permanently knock out more powerful, late-game enemies for the duration of the round in the future?

Lastly, a really minor thing: wrecked armored car weights less than a decent-sized piece of plating such car would have and is often found so late in the game/so rarely that before then, stuff like humvees with mounted weapon slot and many traditionally mountable weapons are available and should come with knowledge that some sort of machinegun could be indeed installed on the vehicle.

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2427 on: May 30, 2020, 01:24:16 pm »
May have been reported already but I'd like to request making things in selling screen consistent when "looked up" - some, especially the older stuff shows item viewer screen when middle-clicked, but a lot of items, even when already researched show up tech viewer screen. It'd be nice if it'd all be item viewer, would make it much easier to compare items, especially weapons, when selling/buying.

It was consistent before, showing only one of those options.

People wanted both options.

I can't make both of you happy.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2428 on: May 30, 2020, 03:55:07 pm »
It was consistent before, showing only one of those options.

People wanted both options.

I can't make both of you happy.
Understood. Is there some way to make the mod differentiate and use different combinations of keys to lead to different screens or would that require code changes in OXCE itself?

Also, a small glitch in attachment. Female farmer seems to have her pitchfork levitate behind her arm on the graphic rather than being held, at least when facing in that direction.

Offline vadracas

• Colonel
  • Just another player/modder combo.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2429 on: May 30, 2020, 07:01:18 pm »
Understood. Is there some way to make the mod differentiate and use different combinations of keys to lead to different screens or would that require code changes in OXCE itself?

It's still consistent-normal middle click prioritizes one, then the other, ctrl-middle-click reverses the order. UFOpedia won't show up if it doesn't have a UFOpedia page and tech tree won't show up if it doesn't have an associated research.