Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071727 times)

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2310 on: April 08, 2020, 01:19:39 pm »
It is an X-Com bug. It is present in original X-Com without OXC. In OXC you can get around it by ctrl-clicking the item you want to drop. About whether or not to report it, I's say yes. I am certain making inventory management difficult with certain amount of items on the ground was not intended by anyone.

Offline RolandVasko

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2311 on: April 08, 2020, 02:26:59 pm »
~~^^ just 1possibly solution:

just take from the GROUND any bigger ("2x2" tiles) thing, for examtle that fire-extinguisher, or rather that green medipack, and put it into your belt´ free space.  :D ;D) lůl

« Last Edit: April 09, 2020, 04:51:13 pm by RolandVasko »

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2312 on: April 08, 2020, 03:02:48 pm »
~~^^ just 1possibly solution:

just take from the GROUND any bigger ("2x2" tiles) thing, for examtle that fire-extinguisher, or taht green medipack, and put it into your belt´ free space.  :D ;D) lůl
He can't. Not enough TUs.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2313 on: April 08, 2020, 07:53:34 pm »
Speaking of stun weapons, I dunno if it's a bug or some issue with my installation, but apparently you can see the ufopaedia page for the taser cannon, even though it requires recruitment of the chief engineer to manufacture it.

You're right, our bad... I fixed it yesterday.

Human Female Farmers can appear in "Strange Lifeform Detected" missions as civilians, but unlike normal civilians their corpses are recovereable loot (which can only be sold for -$10k). I assume that this is the cost meant to be incurred from killing farmers rather than capturing in crop circles and cow mutilation missions, which I am perfectly fine with. But in other missions, it is a bit jarring how a monster-killed female farmer costs XCOM way more than a monster-killed accountant. Sure it costs society more, but XCOM's finances in particular?

Well, crop circles are kinda like that. There is no external threat here except for you, so you get the flak for any casualties.

Interestingly, I don't seem to recall ever seeing female farmers in crop circles and cow mutilation missions.

Because this mission requires making new units and it's a pain. So it's just the boyz. (Also by trope.)

Incidentally, for curiosity's sake, can XCOM agents' corpses be set to appear as recovereable loot? I'm thinking of the possibilities of adding an "agent (cover-up) funeral" manufacturing and/or research project that give a few council points or something like that. It would also makes a difference points-wise regarding recovereable corpses and non-recovereable (acid, desintegration, etc).

Sure, it's technically possible; better armours are recoverable like this.
But see Justaround's post.

I won't lie, I am also a bit iffy about inconsistency in what civilians drop corpses and how much they are worth. I'd rather have simply mission points loss adjusted to account for the dead without any corpses that later have to be clicked to be sold acquired (with all relevant research entries added to interrogation) - it would also include monetary loss that way automatically as less points means less pay.

Believe me, I made it as simply as I could... If someone could refactor it somehow, I'm interested.

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2314 on: April 09, 2020, 11:03:58 am »
Well, crop circles are kinda like that. There is no external threat here except for you, so you get the flak for any casualties.

I know, and I agree with that. What I'm reporting as a bug is that Female Human Farmers are in "Strange Life Form" missions but still drop corpses worth -$10k, which is only supposed to happen for crop circles missions.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2315 on: April 09, 2020, 12:37:31 pm »
I know, and I agree with that. What I'm reporting as a bug is that Female Human Farmers are in "Strange Life Form" missions but still drop corpses worth -$10k, which is only supposed to happen for crop circles missions.

Ah, okay! I misunderstood.

OK, will check.

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2316 on: April 10, 2020, 07:59:05 pm »
Work Suit UFOpedia entry is not unlocked when "Cover: Workers" is researched - it is never unlocked, in fact, if I understand it correctly.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2317 on: April 11, 2020, 05:55:58 am »
I'm facing a alien embassy mission (second part) map issue.
Spoiler:
The area where the embassy brain spawns is completely locked out. All adjacent corridors or areas end on a wall.
I'm afraid, I have to cheat the save to break through.
I'm attaching the save for reference.

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Underwater Mission Elevators
« Reply #2318 on: April 11, 2020, 08:13:18 am »
Previously I posted about an issue with the elevators in the tasoth factory map.  Soldiers standing on a 1 tile elevator could not see or shoot through elevators when an enemy was above or below them.  I just encountered this issue again on a TFTD submarine map.  On the attached save a soldier is standing on an elevator with a Carcharodon below him.  He cannot see or shoot the Carcharodon.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2319 on: April 11, 2020, 11:11:45 am »
OK, that farmers issue has been solved.

Work Suit UFOpedia entry is not unlocked when "Cover: Workers" is researched - it is never unlocked, in fact, if I understand it correctly.

You're right! My bad. Fixed.

I'm facing a alien embassy mission (second part) map issue.
Spoiler:
The area where the embassy brain spawns is completely locked out. All adjacent corridors or areas end on a wall.
I'm afraid, I have to cheat the save to break through.
I'm attaching the save for reference.

Looks like the base hasn't generated properly at all. (No upper floor.)

Are you sure that you have a sufficiently new version of OXCE?

Previously I posted about an issue with the elevators in the tasoth factory map.  Soldiers standing on a 1 tile elevator could not see or shoot through elevators when an enemy was above or below them.  I just encountered this issue again on a TFTD submarine map.  On the attached save a soldier is standing on an elevator with a Carcharodon below him.  He cannot see or shoot the Carcharodon.

Thanks! Managed to kill the bug. (Of course, it was vanilla TFTD...)

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2320 on: April 11, 2020, 10:44:38 pm »
Looks like the base hasn't generated properly at all. (No upper floor.)
Are you sure that you have a sufficiently new version of OXCE?
It looks to me that the upper floor (where the brain is) was generated as ground floor, and viceversa. Hence the connecting doors were not able to connect to anything on the third floor.
I have OXCE 6.4.2. There was another Alien Embassy mission the month before, and everything was fine. The floor swapping was only for this mission, thus the oddity.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2321 on: April 16, 2020, 04:42:45 am »
Another bug (?) (no save, unfortunately) on Alien Embassy missions.

I win the surface map and move to the equipment screen for the underground portion of the mission, but there was no equipment available to equip the soldiers.
My question is if this is happening because of the map before was won by the surrendering of Advent/Hybrid units and something triggers the win flag for the map.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2322 on: April 16, 2020, 05:19:01 pm »
Another bug (?) (no save, unfortunately) on Alien Embassy missions.

I win the surface map and move to the equipment screen for the underground portion of the mission, but there was no equipment available to equip the soldiers.
My question is if this is happening because of the map before was won by the surrendering of Advent/Hybrid units and something triggers the win flag for the map.

Darn. This has never been reported before, and I can't check it because this particular setup doesn't work in Quick Battle...
I'll investigate... somehow.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2323 on: April 16, 2020, 11:52:26 pm »
Believe me, I made it as simply as I could... If someone could refactor it somehow, I'm interested.
But wouldn't it work exactly as described? Rather than only some corpses being recoverable to be sold to lose some cash, having both the corpse and other research entries discovered through interrogation of the farmer (I guess the corpse entries for regular civilians in general aren't particularly necessary, since they are just regular human corpses and so not needing to be studied beyond what's already publicly known about such) and instead of having money deduced through clicking to sell that corpse, making points loss at the end of the mission for lost civilian adjusted as well - which leads to the same as less points = less money, right?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2324 on: April 17, 2020, 12:29:59 pm »
Of course not; points aren't related to money in any way.