aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072289 times)

Offline magitsu

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2085 on: November 17, 2019, 11:02:46 pm »
Is there a typo in login screen? Seeing version "1.0.1". Ensured i've installed the 1.0.2 zip package.
Yes, 1.0.1. Readme file talks about 1.0.2 so it shouldn't be a wrong package, just a small oversight.
« Last Edit: November 17, 2019, 11:18:25 pm by magitsu »

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2086 on: November 18, 2019, 08:53:55 am »
is it possible sonic concussion cannon has a 0 too much in the price?
it might be good, but not *that* good...  ;)
« Last Edit: November 18, 2019, 11:10:03 am by TheCurse »

Offline Cynus_X

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2087 on: November 18, 2019, 12:30:31 pm »
It seems Bughuntmode is back with the 1.0.2 patch.

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2088 on: November 19, 2019, 01:45:11 pm »
Regarding the unaccesible garden: One original map of the default city terrain has this problem. There is a small 10x10 garden map in that terrain that does not allow enemy units to leave that mapblock unless they are flying units.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2089 on: November 21, 2019, 12:03:47 am »
Moon Satellite Ufopedia entry just states "STR_MOON_SATELLITE_UFOPEDIA".

heh... wouldn't it be funny if you went to the moon and its full of luna-tics...?  ;D

EDIT: about same with hyperwave miniaturisation
« Last Edit: November 21, 2019, 12:36:29 am by TheCurse »

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2090 on: November 21, 2019, 01:04:28 am »
Another one:
if you take a decrypted key to a regular mission you loose the key.
(as coincidence wants it, it was a mission to get me another key. so i went in with a decrypted one and got out with an encrypted one...)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2091 on: November 23, 2019, 01:13:49 pm »
A minor bug here:
Cubans seem to be getting czech names.

I currently have two of them, named Luboš Urban and Petra Kolářová.

Current active mods are: Aliens pick up weapons, Dark geoscape, X-Com Files

I checked and everything seems to work... Sorry, I can't give a better answer yet.

is it possible sonic concussion cannon has a 0 too much in the price?
it might be good, but not *that* good...  ;)

Yeah, looks like an oversight. (It used to be way more rare, like the photon sword.)

It seems Bughuntmode is back with the 1.0.2 patch.

Uhh, maybe? It has nothing to do with the mod anyway, I think.

Moon Satellite Ufopedia entry just states "STR_MOON_SATELLITE_UFOPEDIA".

heh... wouldn't it be funny if you went to the moon and its full of luna-tics...?  ;D

EDIT: about same with hyperwave miniaturisation

Yes, there were 3 articles missing. I fixed them already.

Another one:
if you take a decrypted key to a regular mission you loose the key.
(as coincidence wants it, it was a mission to get me another key. so i went in with a decrypted one and got out with an encrypted one...)

To be honest I have no idea how this part works... But sounds like you at least broke even, and also completed a mission! :D

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2092 on: November 23, 2019, 02:23:16 pm »
To be honest I have no idea how this part works... But sounds like you at least broke even, and also completed a mission! :D
my guess would be no item spawns for it, so its just gone once the mission starts, since it can't be recovered.

Offline Botary

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2093 on: November 23, 2019, 03:12:55 pm »
I've noticed that since 1.0.2 my guys get Overwatcher levels by hitting monsters with Aimed shots. I had guys gain a Overwatcher levels on missions that i had 0 reaction fires.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2094 on: November 23, 2019, 05:55:45 pm »
my guess would be no item spawns for it, so its just gone once the mission starts, since it can't be recovered.

OK, I won't be pretending to understand how all that it made. I'll wait for Finnik to check if there's any bug to fix or not.

I've noticed that since 1.0.2 my guys get Overwatcher levels by hitting monsters with Aimed shots. I had guys gain a Overwatcher levels on missions that i had 0 reaction fires.

Code: [Select]
  - type: STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_NAME #reaction fire instances
    description: STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_UFOPEDIA
    soldierBonusTypes: [STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_1, STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_2, STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_3, STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_4, STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_5, STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_6, STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_7, STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_8, STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_9, STR_MEDAL_REACTIONFIRE_10]
    sprite: 2
    criteria:
      totalReactionFire: [3, 5, 8, 11, 15, 20, 30, 45, 60, 75]

If it's true, then it's not a mod issue.

Offline otheiv

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #2095 on: November 23, 2019, 08:50:26 pm »
The game crashes when generating a "new battle", because in the mod "openxcom_xfiles_1.0.2.zip:/XCF Cyrillic Names/Ruleset/soldiersCyr-XCOMFILES.rul" there is a block " - type: STR_ALIEN_AI", but it is not present in "openxcom_xfiles_1.0.2.zip:/XComFiles/Ruleset/soldiers_XCOMFILES.rul "
---
Игра падает при генерации "новой битвы" , т.к. в моде "openxcom_xfiles_1.0.2.zip:/XCF Cyrillic Names/Ruleset/soldiersCyr-XCOMFILES.rul" есть блок " - type: STR_ALIEN_AI", но он отсутстувет в "openxcom_xfiles_1.0.2.zip:/XComFiles/Ruleset/soldiers_XCOMFILES.rul".

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2096 on: November 23, 2019, 08:57:35 pm »
I just got an X-COM Flying Drone from an Osiron Hidden Warehouse.

But I have not yet invented them. I have not even seen an alien drone, which the Tech Tree viewer tells me I need to disassemble to invent my own.

Save within the mission attached.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2097 on: November 23, 2019, 10:39:28 pm »
The game crashes when generating a "new battle", because in the mod "openxcom_xfiles_1.0.2.zip:/XCF Cyrillic Names/Ruleset/soldiersCyr-XCOMFILES.rul" there is a block " - type: STR_ALIEN_AI", but it is not present in "openxcom_xfiles_1.0.2.zip:/XComFiles/Ruleset/soldiers_XCOMFILES.rul "
---
Игра падает при генерации "новой битвы" , т.к. в моде "openxcom_xfiles_1.0.2.zip:/XCF Cyrillic Names/Ruleset/soldiersCyr-XCOMFILES.rul" есть блок " - type: STR_ALIEN_AI", но он отсутстувет в "openxcom_xfiles_1.0.2.zip:/XComFiles/Ruleset/soldiers_XCOMFILES.rul".

Hmm, I'll remove it just in case.

I just got an X-COM Flying Drone from an Osiron Hidden Warehouse.

But I have not yet invented them. I have not even seen an alien drone, which the Tech Tree viewer tells me I need to disassemble to invent my own.

Save within the mission attached.

Yes, people kept moaning and moaning about a source of these, so now they have it. And because this mission is in no way related to robotics, it can spawn before you invent it. Should I remove it or what???

I can't see how it's a problem anyway, you loot items you can't research yet all the time.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2098 on: November 23, 2019, 11:23:05 pm »
Yes, people kept moaning and moaning about a source of these, so now they have it. And because this mission is in no way related to robotics, it can spawn before you invent it. Should I remove it or what???

I can't see how it's a problem anyway, you loot items you can't research yet all the time.
The issue is the name. Why would whoever made it name it after X-COM? Or are the scientists working for me labeling it as such, when it was clearly captured from Osiron?
If it is intended to be available without being researched first, I suggest renaming it to "Human Flying Drone". That way, it is possible someone else made it, while not preventing X-Com from making it as well.

Offline X-Man

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2099 on: November 24, 2019, 08:01:58 am »
Chtonite minibase and Hybrid Control Center count as an alien base or not? Capturing them didn't gave to me Stormtrooper commendations.