aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071857 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1740 on: May 04, 2019, 12:04:24 pm »
I completely forgot about this until I saw an off-hand mention of prison space on another thread, but... is it intentional that your prisons never get filled? I captured a whole bunch of enemies on my previous playthrough, dozens and dozens, and never got any prisoner management screen or anything like that. When I checked the prison it showed I had negative space, but I never had to do anything about it.

I think at the time I assumed it must be intentional because of how the interrogating live prisoners thing is bloated by all the dossiers, but I figured it was worth checking.

Enforcement of storage limits is disabled by default (for this mod that is, you can enable it in the options). I don't know why, honestly. I always felt that dealing with limited storage space is one of the things that made the mod interesting, especially if you have to choose and manage your interrogation priorities.

Offline Covenant

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1741 on: May 04, 2019, 05:17:52 pm »
Enforcement of storage limits is disabled by default (for this mod that is, you can enable it in the options). I don't know why, honestly. I always felt that dealing with limited storage space is one of the things that made the mod interesting, especially if you have to choose and manage your interrogation priorities.

Thank you, good to know.

For my part, I'll keep it disabled. For one thing, a lot of space is already being taken up by the extra hangers this mod requires, which limits space for extra storage. Combined with both the larger amounts of fluff research (which seems to be sprinkled in with rarely-found valuable research? I'm sure I got a couple of missions from dossiers on particular people, so you can't just ignore it) and the apparent possibility of losing the chance to capture certain enemies after doing things like putting an end to the various cults, it seems like prisoner management would soon become aggravating.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1742 on: May 05, 2019, 04:14:30 pm »
I've enabled these limits a couple weeks ago. Will be included in 0.9.9.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1743 on: May 05, 2019, 11:14:27 pm »
Flying tanks can move up into the second level stair rooms (those with four stairs on all sides), but they can't move down/exit the room again. Is this intended?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1744 on: May 05, 2019, 11:22:42 pm »
Flying tanks can move up into the second level stair rooms (those with four stairs on all sides), but they can't move down/exit the room again. Is this intended?

Ever got stuck with your head between wooden bars (e.g. staircase, crib, ...) as a kid? :)
Some movements are one way only :D

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1745 on: May 08, 2019, 08:27:52 am »
I've enabled these limits a couple weeks ago. Will be included in 0.9.9.

I hope you upped the storage limits, 10 prisoners seems low when you can house 50 agents in the same space, especially considering how much research there is from captures.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2019, 02:36:53 pm by karnaugh_map »

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1746 on: May 08, 2019, 10:33:31 am »
I hope you upped the storage limits, 10 prisoners seems low when you can house 50 agents in the same space, especially considering how much research there is from captures.

I don't quite see how tank movement and map design factors into that.

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1747 on: May 08, 2019, 02:35:26 pm »
Woops, I meant to quote Solarius on the capture limits. Fixed.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1748 on: May 09, 2019, 12:10:50 pm »
I never had big issues with storage spacev(as opposed to my Piratez campaign), and I haven't heard any complaints from people who already play with the limits. But if they turn out to be too restrictive, I will review them.

Offline Drasnighta

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1749 on: May 09, 2019, 11:54:27 pm »

Well, when you consider Shift Sleeping and hot bunking, with no change in environment conditions - you can house 30 people in 10 beds.  So its not *totally* out of the question - especially if you're a cheap tight builder :) 

Now, Prisoners don't get to sleep in Shifts...  And isolating individuals does take space unless you're basically cryo-tubing them.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1750 on: May 12, 2019, 01:57:55 pm »
It seems that with the update again there was a limitation of the attack distance for interceptors of 8 km. :(

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1751 on: May 12, 2019, 04:41:10 pm »
It's probably not intended to work well in the Quick Battle mode, but the ADVENT embassy and the Doom portal one don't work. Moreover, the Imps have missing Ufopaedia entries.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1752 on: May 12, 2019, 10:04:03 pm »
It seems that with the update again there was a limitation of the attack distance for interceptors of 8 km. :(

I haven't changed anything related to this, I think...
Can you elaborate?

It's probably not intended to work well in the Quick Battle mode, but the ADVENT embassy and the Doom portal one don't work.

That's probably missing ranks, I wouldn't worry about it.

Moreover, the Imps have missing Ufopaedia entries.

Oops... Indeed, this isn't even a bug, I never wrote it!

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1753 on: May 13, 2019, 10:35:42 am »
The 8 km range limitation occurs when intercepted in aggressive mode. This also applies to UFOs. With a range of less than 8 km, they cannot attack the X-COM ship and the battle lasts forever. Most likely this is an OXSE problem, Meridian corrected this problem last time. I do not understand why she reappeared. :(

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1754 on: May 13, 2019, 10:54:47 am »
The 8 km range limitation occurs when intercepted in aggressive mode. This also applies to UFOs. With a range of less than 8 km, they cannot attack the X-COM ship and the battle lasts forever. Most likely this is an OXSE problem, Meridian corrected this problem last time. I do not understand why she reappeared. :(

The fix is still there, and it works fine for me.