aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071784 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1725 on: April 11, 2019, 11:24:07 pm »
Might be one of those cases of selective false memory on my side, but i could have sworn shooting the rocket stacks on base assaults used to totally wreck the room and anyone in it. Now they just go 'poof', which resulted in my agents getting poofed by the surviving rocket launcher wielding supersoldier.

Yes, you're right. Must've been overwritten with some update. Now fixed! (for now, get it from GitHub)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1726 on: April 12, 2019, 12:46:51 pm »
Yes, you're right. Must've been overwritten with some update. Now fixed! (for now, get it from GitHub)
...kind of bugs me that no one else noticed or reported this. Am i the only who enjoys watching the enemy blow themselves up? Is there something wrong with how i tackle those assaults?  ???

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1727 on: April 12, 2019, 01:00:40 pm »
...kind of bugs me that no one else noticed or reported this. Am i the only who enjoys watching the enemy blow themselves up? Is there something wrong with how i tackle those assaults?  ???

No, I am sure it's normal. :) But these are two missions which only happen once, so I guess people don't notice.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1728 on: April 12, 2019, 04:20:17 pm »
I'll check all this, but WTF are "server levels"? I can't remember making IT farms. Is it about Cyberweb?

EDIT: After some analysis, I don't understand what you mean by "reptoid ship ambush" - which mission is it?
« Last Edit: April 12, 2019, 08:15:04 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1729 on: April 13, 2019, 11:39:25 am »
Another odd mission. I downed a mix-race terror ship.
Spoiler:
I never saw Arthropods armed with Heavy Plasma, Reapers, Chtonites, etc. A odd combination.

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1730 on: April 19, 2019, 04:20:21 am »
Smart Magnums do not require a workshop to be built when they probably should.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1731 on: April 19, 2019, 11:31:45 am »
Smart Magnums do not require a workshop to be built when they probably should.

Thanks, fixed.

EDIT:
I moved the Shogg discussion to a separate thread.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2019, 11:31:55 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1732 on: April 22, 2019, 02:24:10 am »
You may or may not consider this a bug, but it's entirely possible to research Into the Dark and stop all cave missions before cave mission even become available from researching Hidden Caves. I got a Mysterious Skull and a Broken Shogg Lantern from a Zombie Hive mission before encountering any Shamblers and this was in Oct 1998. Maybe add Hidden Caves into the Into the Dark Prerequisite? Or remove Into the Dark Prerequisite loot from Zombie Hives? Or maybe add a high Execution Rate mission with a late starting month that spawns only shamblers and stops after a live shambler is researched.

Offline DevFried

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1733 on: April 22, 2019, 09:29:40 am »
Just noticed that Medipack is actually adding morale on heal, not retracting it.

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1734 on: April 23, 2019, 04:22:48 pm »
The medpacks that aren't self-applied regen 5 morale for the person doing the healing, as intended I believe

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1735 on: April 23, 2019, 10:41:45 pm »
You may or may not consider this a bug, but it's entirely possible to research Into the Dark and stop all cave missions before cave mission even become available from researching Hidden Caves. I got a Mysterious Skull and a Broken Shogg Lantern from a Zombie Hive mission before encountering any Shamblers and this was in Oct 1998. Maybe add Hidden Caves into the Into the Dark Prerequisite? Or remove Into the Dark Prerequisite loot from Zombie Hives? Or maybe add a high Execution Rate mission with a late starting month that spawns only shamblers and stops after a live shambler is researched.

An excellent point, I'll do that.

The medpacks that aren't self-applied regen 5 morale for the person doing the healing, as intended I believe

Yes, of course.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1736 on: April 28, 2019, 04:06:59 pm »
The back half of one of the cruise ship's elevators is somewhat...open...to the elements. Is this intended?

Offline Rikiswar

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1737 on: April 30, 2019, 01:19:39 pm »
STR_HALLUCINOID_CORPSE and STR_DEEP_ONE_VILLAGE_RAID_COMPLETED are missing language entries in en-US.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1738 on: April 30, 2019, 09:58:18 pm »
The back half of one of the cruise ship's elevators is somewhat...open...to the elements. Is this intended?

You're right! Vanilla TFTD terrain, lol.
Fixed.

STR_HALLUCINOID_CORPSE and STR_DEEP_ONE_VILLAGE_RAID_COMPLETED are missing language entries in en-US.

Thanks, also fixed.

Offline Covenant

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1739 on: May 04, 2019, 07:50:39 am »
I completely forgot about this until I saw an off-hand mention of prison space on another thread, but... is it intentional that your prisons never get filled? I captured a whole bunch of enemies on my previous playthrough, dozens and dozens, and never got any prisoner management screen or anything like that. When I checked the prison it showed I had negative space, but I never had to do anything about it.

I think at the time I assumed it must be intentional because of how the interrogating live prisoners thing is bloated by all the dossiers, but I figured it was worth checking.