aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071611 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1650 on: January 25, 2019, 07:10:34 pm »
Many thanks for the review. It was the first time for me to have any feedback regarding the new Cydonia (even I haven't actually done it, only checked if it works), and it looks like it works just fine.
I'm kinda puzzled about the double outros, but I have an idea of what could be the cause. I will investigate.
Congratulations on your victory! I hope you'll come back some day to play an even more developed version of the mod. :)

Offline dedok13x

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1651 on: January 30, 2019, 10:49:25 pm »
Hello there! Just tried this mod and got crash after first tactical mission. Crash occurs after clicking "OK" on result summary screen (with score, loot and stat rising). Starting a new game doesn't help.
But there is no crash if mission failed (all operatives killed).

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1652 on: January 30, 2019, 11:00:59 pm »
Hello there! Just tried this mod and got crash after first tactical mission. Crash occurs after clicking "OK" on result summary screen (with score, loot and stat rising). Starting a new game doesn't help.
But there is no crash if mission failed (all operatives killed).

Hi,
thanks for the report... would you have a save just before the mission ends?

Offline dedok13x

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1653 on: January 31, 2019, 12:59:13 am »
Oops, forgot to attach it in first post, sorry.
Here it is.

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1654 on: January 31, 2019, 11:48:03 am »
Congratulations on your victory! I hope you'll come back some day to play an even more developed version of the mod. :)

Thanks! I can't get enough of X-Com, so naturally I just started another campaign! Enforced Ironman, but on a lower difficulty level (Veteran), so to avoid grinding some missions too much. I read that Veteran in some ways is actually more difficult than Superhuman, mainly because lesser loot to sell.

In the mean time, I got a mission with one of my least favorite critter sprite: the Giant Rat. I found the movement of the rat N-S or S-N was non-existent, so in an OCD rage :),  I fiddled with the .png to give it something of a "shake". Please find it attached for your consideration.

Offline Kieso

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1655 on: January 31, 2019, 05:03:05 pm »
Greetings again.

I have two doubts, first, update the version directly by copying the save files to the new version. And now my hybrids have no ability to hit melee. What I can do? and second. I can not build the advanced laboratory because apart from the Elerio (which I have) I do not know where to get the tritanium. I can build ammunition te tritanium but something has me stuck and I do not know what it is. I have developed up armor synthsuit and the new astral form (I have not used it until now). I have already done the mission of the cyberweb fortress. Will my game be broken and should I start over? I come from the previous version. What is hard only to fight with the asuka 4000 (not even laser weapons!) Against mutons, brain and Gazer!
Thanks for this excellent mod

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1656 on: January 31, 2019, 07:50:02 pm »
Oops, forgot to attach it in first post, sorry.
Here it is.

I don't get any crash :(

If you have 64bit Windows, could you try the 64bit OXCE version? It produces better error report in the log file...

Download: https://lxnt.wtf/oxem/builds//Extended/Extended-5.2-f33003e56-2019-01-16-win64.7z
(it's enough to just replace the EXE file, since it's the same version as you're using now)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1657 on: January 31, 2019, 11:06:40 pm »
Thanks! I can't get enough of X-Com, so naturally I just started another campaign! Enforced Ironman, but on a lower difficulty level (Veteran), so to avoid grinding some missions too much. I read that Veteran in some ways is actually more difficult than Superhuman, mainly because lesser loot to sell.

In the mean time, I got a mission with one of my least favorite critter sprite: the Giant Rat. I found the movement of the rat N-S or S-N was non-existent, so in an OCD rage :),  I fiddled with the .png to give it something of a "shake". Please find it attached for your consideration.

Many thanks! I'll check it when I can.

Greetings again.

I have two doubts, first, update the version directly by copying the save files to the new version. And now my hybrids have no ability to hit melee. What I can do?

Only hybrids with psi training can use fists. (Don't as why, it's complicated.) It's normal, and not related to save moving.

and second. I can not build the advanced laboratory because apart from the Elerio (which I have) I do not know where to get the tritanium. I can build ammunition te tritanium but something has me stuck and I do not know what it is. I have developed up armor synthsuit and the new astral form (I have not used it until now). I have already done the mission of the cyberweb fortress. Will my game be broken and should I start over? I come from the previous version. What is hard only to fight with the asuka 4000 (not even laser weapons!) Against mutons, brain and Gazer!

I don't think you have to start over. I don't know exactly what to tell you, since I don't know what you have, but please check the Tech Tree Viewer... If you have trouble, we can think further.

Thanks for this excellent mod

Thanks for playing it!

Offline Kieso

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1658 on: February 04, 2019, 08:52:11 pm »
I know what my confusion was. In the Ufopedia, the advanced laboratory says that it requires 200 Tritanium and 100 Elerium. But when selecting the building for its construction. It specifies that there are 200 Alien Alloys and 100 Elerium. From my ignorance, I thought that just as the Durathread was "discovered" from the Alloy, I thought that some research for the Tritanium would likewise come out.

My mistake is in that confusion

Thank you

Offline whisper micmillon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1659 on: February 05, 2019, 02:02:37 am »
[FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
[04-02-2019_18-54-43]   [FATAL]   0x88dcc0 OpenXcom::CrossPlatform::stackTrace(void*)
[04-02-2019_18-54-43]   [FATAL]   0x891350 OpenXcom::CrossPlatform::crashDump(void*, std::__cxx11::basic_string<char, std::char_traits<char>, std::allocator<char> > const&)
[04-02-2019_18-54-43]   [FATAL]   0x401750 signalLogger(int)
[04-02-2019_18-54-43]   [FATAL]   0x77c5be30 LdrSetAppCompatDllRedirectionCallback
[04-02-2019_18-54-43]   [FATAL]   0x77c1ad00 RtlInitializeExceptionChain
[04-02-2019_18-54-54]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Segmentation fault. This usually indicates something missing in a mod.
Just had this crash today

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1660 on: February 05, 2019, 05:17:31 am »
That is the least helpful information you could share for the bug report. When did it happen, what were you doing, and can you provide a save just before it happens with instructions how to make it happen?

Offline whisper micmillon

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1661 on: February 05, 2019, 09:37:44 am »
That is the least helpful information you could share for the bug report. When did it happen, what were you doing, and can you provide a save just before it happens with instructions how to make it happen?
Uh happened right after a ufo fighter was shot down by a thunderstorm armored with avalanche missiles the game just randomly crashed and the rest of your questions don't think so as that was a one off crash that I thought I should share

Offline Alex_D

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1662 on: February 07, 2019, 08:25:36 am »
By the way, there is a black halo around the heads on some paper-dolls. See cap.

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1663 on: February 07, 2019, 07:34:48 pm »
This is not bug but feature, AFAIK this "halo" is used to hide hairs that could extend helmet graphic.
Right now only solution is to change background of this screen to back.
For real solution could be add support for script recolors that could easy handle things like this.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #1664 on: February 07, 2019, 07:55:22 pm »
Another option would be to make hair that goes beyond any headgear a separate layer and not use it for these sprites, but that's a lot of work.