aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1071803 times)

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1620 on: January 14, 2019, 05:01:51 pm »
21 missions / 19 kills. No improvement in any stats but reactions (+4). I find that strange, seeing how the laser pretty much disintegrates everything it hits, including sectopods. Again, might be related to 0.9.6, but as far as i can tell definitions haven't changed, so this should not matter as far as gaining experience is concerned.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1621 on: January 14, 2019, 06:56:04 pm »
I really hope people aren't reporting bugs from 6 versions ago. :P

Thanks for the reply.
Nope. I report the lastest version suggestions.
As for AI, indeed, they've been hitting a lot. Where agent gets +3...+5 stats, the AI unit gets 0...+1.
Skyranger - yes, it's a Legacy. But the other crafts around the tech bring more options to the battlefield. And a SR is a middle craft between.
As for the Hovertank - that's my first playtrough, but the amount of missions past gives me some understanding of the overall progress. There's a little disbalance between squad weapons and HWP's techs speeds of aquiring.
At the current version they are a base-defense solution - the skills enhancement speed is too slow.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1622 on: January 14, 2019, 07:17:26 pm »
Well... Unintentional bug might become a feature.
Androids from Apocalypse indeed gained stats, but at way slower rate than humans, or hybrids, but they started at overall better stats.
Why not bring this explanation and add few android chasiss/armors for AI's?

Also to keep post from being too offtopic:
X-Com drone have free left hand which allows it to use any piece of equipment. I won't lie, it's fun tactic to deploy a squadron of drones with dynamite, so they can carpet bomb anything below. It's a bit strange, since they don't have any contraption to operate any equipment.

Offline zetzet13

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1623 on: January 14, 2019, 10:43:57 pm »
[...]
Also to keep post from being too offtopic:
X-Com drone have free left hand which allows it to use any piece of equipment. I won't lie, it's fun tactic to deploy a squadron of drones with dynamite, so they can carpet bomb anything below. It's a bit strange, since they don't have any contraption to operate any equipment.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DpLgdN-1Lq8&vl=en

Also:

Could it be that the slow learning of the AIs has something to do with maxStats being the same as minStatsor that most stats are already maxed out by default?

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1624 on: January 14, 2019, 11:30:33 pm »
Also:

Could it be that the slow learning of the AIs has something to do with maxStats being the same as minStatsor that most stats are already maxed out by default?
That's what the statcaps are for. I just had a base defense and judging by the save both my tanks should have seen an incrase in accuracy (one had 8 exp in fireacc, the other 14), but the most they get is one point in reactions. Might this have something to do with unit size?

Online HinterDemGlas

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1625 on: January 15, 2019, 02:13:47 am »
Admittedly still playing version b for no reason but laziness...

Is the Durathread Vest supposed to have worse armor values than the (Kevlar) Combat Gear despite its description? Why does it have -2 weight in the stats but -4 in the description?
I don't feel like the higher resistances matter a lot for low HP creatures like dogs. Is the Vest supposed to be a run and sneak armor like the jumpsuit?

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1626 on: January 15, 2019, 04:55:21 am »
That's what the statcaps are for. I just had a base defense and judging by the save both my tanks should have seen an incrase in accuracy (one had 8 exp in fireacc, the other 14), but the most they get is one point in reactions. Might this have something to do with unit size?

Impossible, my opinion.
Today I had 4 or 5 base defenses. None of tanks had an increase in any stat. Weird but true. Hope AI will be boosted or revised if Zetzet is correct in his suggestion.

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1627 on: January 15, 2019, 08:37:18 am »
I can say that my hover tanks did gain accuracy,time units and reactions at least - but I have not played for some time(0.9.6)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1628 on: January 15, 2019, 01:47:43 pm »
Is the Durathread Vest supposed to have worse armor values than the (Kevlar) Combat Gear despite its description?

For the same reason a jumpsuit has worse armour than a combat vest, despite being made of durathread...

Why does it have -2 weight in the stats but -4 in the description?

Indeed, sorry - fixed.

I don't feel like the higher resistances matter a lot for low HP creatures like dogs. Is the Vest supposed to be a run and sneak armor like the jumpsuit?

It's up to you. when you want maximum armour, you take the combat gear. If you want to have slightly worse protection, but be way more mobile, you take the durathread.
I personally take the durathread.

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1629 on: January 15, 2019, 05:48:18 pm »
Please Fix the Base defense robots (Cyberweb tech) with miniguns not to kill my soldiers under the Alien control... That's troublesome, 6-7 guys die constantly on Ethereals attack, from the drones that are intended to defend me instead of sieving with bullets.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1630 on: January 15, 2019, 07:00:25 pm »
Please Fix the Base defense robots (Cyberweb tech) with miniguns not to kill my soldiers under the Alien control... That's troublesome, 6-7 guys die constantly on Ethereals attack, from the drones that are intended to defend me instead of sieving with bullets.

Do you have a save? Because judging from the code, they should be immune.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1631 on: January 16, 2019, 12:52:31 am »
Just one little very little bug... version 0.98d
A duplicate in the file \user\mods\XComFiles\Language\en-US.yml :
- line 4914 :

STR_HWP_TRITANIUM_ROCKET_LAUNCHER: "HWP Tritanium Rocket Launcher"
  STR_HWP_TRITANIUM_ROCKET_LAUNCHER_UFOPEDIA: "This rocket launcher fires barrages of missiles to devastate light targets."
  STR_HWP_TRITANIUM_ROCKET_LAUNCHER: "HWP Tritanium Rocket Launcher"
  STR_HWP_TRITANIUM_ROCKET_LAUNCHER_UFOPEDIA: "This launcher fires powerful shrapnel charges."

Thanks !

Offline Abyss

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1632 on: January 16, 2019, 09:00:06 am »
Do you have a save? Because judging from the code, they should be immune.
Yep, got the backup save 
Just push the time

UPD
Got the Alien AI unit tech, no questions about slow AI enhancement no more.
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 10:47:46 am by Abyss »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1633 on: January 16, 2019, 03:27:31 pm »
Yep, got the backup save 
Just push the time

I checked. Not a single time was a roboturret MC'd; the aliens haven't even targeted them at all.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1634 on: January 16, 2019, 03:53:49 pm »
The way i understood it it's not the roboturrets being MC'd, but his agents - who are then targeted by the turrets. Is it even possible to have non-player factions differentiate between hostile and MC'd units?

That aside, why not make the robo turrets player controlled to begin with?
« Last Edit: January 16, 2019, 03:59:31 pm by krautbernd »