Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1112382 times)

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3735 on: June 23, 2023, 09:49:48 pm »
In UAC Aerospace Lab mission, the final enemy(ies) surrendered and I was moved to the underground phase. However, no equipment (either on the craft or from the enemies) transferred on that stage, so even though I got the chance re-equip the squad, the pool to choose from was empty. There was also no loot pile to equip from anywhere on the floor, as there always has been on multistage missions.

This is likely a bug, but it seems so strange that I have no idea where. Sorry, I didn't save before the first part ended.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3736 on: June 24, 2023, 12:47:20 pm »
In UAC Aerospace Lab mission, the final enemy(ies) surrendered and I was moved to the underground phase. However, no equipment (either on the craft or from the enemies) transferred on that stage, so even though I got the chance re-equip the squad, the pool to choose from was empty. There was also no loot pile to equip from anywhere on the floor, as there always has been on multistage missions.

This is likely a bug, but it seems so strange that I have no idea where. Sorry, I didn't save before the first part ended.

I can't say much - this is how 2-staged missions work. Is the original Cydonia any different? I don't think so.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3737 on: June 24, 2023, 08:09:37 pm »
I can't say much - this is how 2-staged missions work. Is the original Cydonia any different? I don't think so.

No, that is apparently only half the answer. If you neutralize all enemies in the first stage, you get your loot pile to pick from at stage 2. Here's video proof from X-Com Files: https://youtu.be/9IY0TSx3kLo?t=5093. On the other hand, if you go on the designated area and abort, you don't get your loot pile, just the items you're carrying or are on the designated floor.

Given that you don't know about this, I suppose this is rather a bug in OXCE in how it handles surrendering enemies in multistage missions. IMO, surrendering enemies should be equivalent to killed or stunned enemies, and you should get the loot pile.

Offline psavola

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #3738 on: June 30, 2023, 04:27:47 pm »
In 3.0-snap, you changed the articles to say the large living quarters host 250 (instead of previous 200) people. However, you changed the facility ruleset just up to 225. Which is it... (In addition, quite a few facilities - such as this one - provide some prison space for robots; that is probably intentionally undocumented as a minor detail.)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3739 on: June 30, 2023, 08:08:26 pm »
In 3.0-snap, you changed the articles to say the large living quarters host 250 (instead of previous 200) people. However, you changed the facility ruleset just up to 225. Which is it... (In addition, quite a few facilities - such as this one - provide some prison space for robots; that is probably intentionally undocumented as a minor detail.)

Because my attention span is shit tier. Thank you.

Offline Mathel

• Colonel
  • Do not mistake Muton for mutton.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3740 on: July 02, 2023, 12:13:19 pm »
The knowledge on Uzi Clip (and as such on how much damage an Uzi deals) is granted by Uzi Acquisition, rather than researching a physically present Uzi, or it's clip. I find this weird.

That is, I find weird that researching the Uzi doesn't grant knowledge on it's clip. Uzi acquisition giving knowledge on both gun and clip makes sense.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3741 on: July 02, 2023, 12:33:13 pm »
The knowledge on Uzi Clip (and as such on how much damage an Uzi deals) is granted by Uzi Acquisition, rather than researching a physically present Uzi, or it's clip. I find this weird.

That is, I find weird that researching the Uzi doesn't grant knowledge on it's clip. Uzi acquisition giving knowledge on both gun and clip makes sense.

That's because the research which allows display of damage in the Ufopaedia is the same research that allows you to buy Uzi clips... Solving it is too complex and risky compared to the issue itself to be bothered. Well, maybe in the future.

EDIT:

There is a mission called STR_ACADEMY_TOWER_ASSAULT: "Golden Academy Tower", which features a double staircase. The stairs work fine for 1x1 units, but are impassable to 2x2. And I don't understand why... I've compared both maps and terrain tiles with a similar staircase in CORP, which works just fine. I fixed some minor differences, but it didn't help at all.
Help would be appreciated, but please check the current GitHub version (updated this morning).

I have attached a save (from quick battle): Souad Ayed can go upstairs (on either side of the stairs), but the Sectopod cannot.
« Last Edit: July 03, 2023, 11:47:34 am by Solarius Scorch »

Offline sudtrap

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3742 on: July 05, 2023, 01:12:45 am »
Suggested UFOPEDIA edit: Have you considered moving the TNI, Combat Pilot Training, and Eat the Cake to the Trainings & Augmentations tab?

Transformations Overview (inside agent list) Potential bug: You are unable to middle click Bio Enhancement, Martial Arts, Combat Pilot Training and Install TNI in the transformations Overview. (don't have every transformation so I never tested all of them)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3743 on: July 05, 2023, 12:43:03 pm »
Suggested UFOPEDIA edit: Have you considered moving the TNI, Combat Pilot Training, and Eat the Cake to the Trainings & Augmentations tab?

I've already moved the Combat Pilot Training, it was indeed an omission. But the other two are items, so they don't seem to fit in that category.

Transformations Overview (inside agent list) Potential bug: You are unable to middle click Bio Enhancement, Martial Arts, Combat Pilot Training and Install TNI in the transformations Overview. (don't have every transformation so I never tested all of them)

I'm not sure what you mean, Transformation Overview doesn't have MMB functionality. Did you mean soldier bonuses? It lists, well, soldier bonuses, not trainings.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3744 on: July 05, 2023, 01:44:33 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean, Transformation Overview doesn't have MMB functionality.
It very much does, although the process seems a bit finicky. As far as I can tell, you need the 'requires' field to be the same as the transformation name.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3745 on: July 05, 2023, 03:14:52 pm »
It very much does, although the process seems a bit finicky. As far as I can tell, you need the 'requires' field to be the same as the transformation name.

"very much"

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3746 on: July 05, 2023, 05:32:17 pm »
Is there an echo in here? :)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #3747 on: July 05, 2023, 07:49:44 pm »
Is there an echo in here? :)

I advise you to stop trying this. It won't end well.
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 07:55:54 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3748 on: July 05, 2023, 08:09:29 pm »
Let me try the civilized, assume-it-was-a-communication-error way first, then: what exactly were you trying to say by '"very much"'?
« Last Edit: July 05, 2023, 08:13:25 pm by Juku121 »

Offline sudtrap

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3749 on: July 05, 2023, 09:23:56 pm »
I'm not sure what you mean, Transformation Overview doesn't have MMB functionality. Did you mean soldier bonuses? It lists, well, soldier bonuses, not trainings.

Just to make sure I'm referencing the screen correctly I took a screenshot of it and attached it to this post. You can middle click most of the transformations (which is quite handy when trying to determine the necessary requirements to meet them), but a couple of them don't work.

(Law Enforcement Training comes from XComFilesArsenalAdditions)