aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1107095 times)

Offline BreakRelease

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #3345 on: November 16, 2022, 03:05:59 am »
Red Dawn Memory Card doesn't require Intelligence Center in the first place. Also, it doesn't terminate Red Dawn automatically, it only enables you to do so.
It seems like you misread my post. I suggested that it should require the intelligence center (which implicitly agrees that it currently does not) because researching it without an intelligence center consumes the disk without granting the termination research topic. I initially researched the memory card and was surprised to find that when it finished I did not get that termination topic. Then I loaded a prior save, transferred the memory card to my primary base (which does have an intelligence center) and when research completed I got the topic as expected.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3346 on: November 16, 2022, 03:47:24 pm »
It seems like you misread my post. I suggested that it should require the intelligence center (which implicitly agrees that it currently does not) because researching it without an intelligence center consumes the disk without granting the termination research topic. I initially researched the memory card and was surprised to find that when it finished I did not get that termination topic.

No, it's not even possible to set up a research to do such things; either it's available for research or not.

Then I loaded a prior save, transferred the memory card to my primary base (which does have an intelligence center) and when research completed I got the topic as expected.

Can't you just research the card in base B and then the termination in your main base?

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3347 on: November 16, 2022, 05:33:08 pm »
Is this the right spot spot to report minor issues with tech tree and manufacturing items? I didn't see a known issues list, and 224 pages is a bit of a tall ask for double checking if these have been reported. I'm talking about things like the human enemies on ghost maps lacking names and MiB Psi Ops captives lacking a manufacturing option that allows the recovery of a synthmuscles like with their corpses. I've got a bit of a growing list, I assume many of to outright omissions are due to the mod being a WIP, but there are plenty of oddities that I suspect are oversights.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #3348 on: November 16, 2022, 07:24:25 pm »
Is this the right spot spot to report minor issues with tech tree and manufacturing items? I didn't see a known issues list, and 224 pages is a bit of a tall ask for double checking if these have been reported.

Yes, this is the right place.

I'm talking about things like the human enemies on ghost maps lacking names

I believe it was fixed in the latest release.

and MiB Psi Ops captives lacking a manufacturing option that allows the recovery of a synthmuscles like with their corpses.

All right, I can add such a project, analogous to other "robbing" manufacturing projects.

I've got a bit of a growing list, I assume many of to outright omissions are due to the mod being a WIP, but there are plenty of oddities that I suspect are oversights.

Please feel free to drop them here.

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3349 on: November 16, 2022, 07:46:46 pm »
Please feel free to drop them here.
Most seem to be like Blaster Bomb not notifying that it was unlocked for research after Fusion Weapons was completed despite all the other pre-requisites being met and the item being in inventory. Is that an engine issue or a mod issue?

Offline BreakRelease

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3350 on: November 17, 2022, 07:52:46 am »
No, it's not even possible to set up a research to do such things; either it's available for research or not.

Can't you just research the card in base B and then the termination in your main base?
I couldn't, although I suppose it sounds strange enough that you won't believe me without evidence. I've long since overwritten the save. Maybe eventually I will recreate the scenario.

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3351 on: November 17, 2022, 04:16:07 pm »
Chryssalid Gas Grenade is missing a description, it just displays  STR_CHRYSSALID_GAS_GRENADE_UFOPEDIA at the moment.

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3352 on: November 17, 2022, 05:43:25 pm »
For research like Anthropod, is that intended to have multiple dead end versions? You get the description and combat analysis from researching the grunt, hunter or packmaster but you can still research the other versions but the don't have any results. You still get some points, so that is nice, but there are dozens of research project, maybe over 100, that are obsoleted by other research projects like that.

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3353 on: November 19, 2022, 01:14:28 am »
The item Mysterious Parcel from Syndicate can be researched, but it doesn't have any unlocks, description or mission triggers that I can see.

The house the is unique to the Televised Ghost Hunt, I think it's the one with all the salt piles in it, has geometry issues, there are doors that you phase through and at least one hallway that is impassable.

Offline Juku121

• Commander
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3354 on: November 19, 2022, 11:01:44 am »
The item Mysterious Parcel from Syndicate can be researched, but it doesn't have any unlocks, description or mission triggers that I can see.
Careful, that's a sensitive issue for Solarius. :-\

Offline Nalca

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #3355 on: November 19, 2022, 11:59:53 am »
I found two black lotus base in the same town, active at the same time. Is it intended ?

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3356 on: November 19, 2022, 07:49:06 pm »
Get crush on hybrid embassy assault. Game says that there is no exalt with rank 13. Log+save included(van just canceled from starting assault on this embassy).
I'm not trying to start a ruckus, it's just an observation, as the mod is still a WIP, I thought it might have ended up orphaned when something else was changed and should have been pointed at something else or inactivated pending further updates.

Offline BreakRelease

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3357 on: November 19, 2022, 08:53:35 pm »
v 2.7, The Sound of Graves, had a ghost that sat inside the hill at full health forever preventing me from completing the mission. Finally just edited the save file to increase his position/height by 1.

Offline SBBurzmali

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3358 on: November 20, 2022, 06:43:21 am »
v 2.7, The Sound of Graves, had a ghost that sat inside the hill at full health forever preventing me from completing the mission. Finally just edited the save file to increase his position/height by 1.
You can deal with him by dropping a grenade on his head, but yeah, he probably shouldn't be stuck in the terrain.

Offline AmanitaVerna

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #3359 on: November 20, 2022, 07:47:35 am »
Note to self: actually bring some explosive grenades on missions instead of only emp grenades