Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1072581 times)

Offline DarthTheIII

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #2355 on: April 28, 2020, 08:27:44 am »
This is really minor, but the live bombardier beetle cannot be made into energetic blood plasma.  I assume that because normal beetles have blood plasma the bombardier beetles should also have plasma.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #2356 on: April 28, 2020, 12:42:02 pm »
This is really minor, but the live bombardier beetle cannot be made into energetic blood plasma.  I assume that because normal beetles have blood plasma the bombardier beetles should also have plasma.

Indeed you're right. I fixed this omission a few days ago.

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2357 on: April 30, 2020, 12:50:31 am »
Minor complaint: every time a cross drops, it isn't salvaged. So I will never be able to have my army of battle clerics.

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2358 on: April 30, 2020, 02:12:00 am »
Minor complaint: every time a cross drops, it isn't salvaged. So I will never be able to have my army of battle clerics.
I am not sure if you cannot retrieve them manually though so there's still chance to realize the dream I think, though it would be nice if those things would have low-level anti-ghost attack to make your battle priests more fitting.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2359 on: April 30, 2020, 08:03:48 pm »

Complain all you want, either you're a man of God or you serve the Man. :)
But you can use it temporarily if a priest falls and you vouch to complete his mission. Then you get a short-term blessing until the battle ends.

Offline TheCurse

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2360 on: May 01, 2020, 03:41:06 am »
But you can use it temporarily if a priest falls and you vouch to complete his mission. Then you get a short-term blessing until the battle ends.
or the priest is suddenly controlled by a higher power, for the turn... ;)

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2361 on: May 01, 2020, 07:00:54 am »
or the priest is suddenly controlled by a higher power, for the turn... ;)

Or subdued for the glory of the war on aliens.

Offline Thermite

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2362 on: May 01, 2020, 07:11:04 am »

Time to make a overhaul submod of XCF so you play as a rogue civilian organization that works in the shadows and tries to help XCom from the shadows, maybe tie in with mister "Smiles" even?

Offline justaround

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2363 on: May 01, 2020, 02:41:41 pm »
Time to make a overhaul submod of XCF so you play as a rogue civilian organization that works in the shadows and tries to help XCom from the shadows, maybe tie in with mister "Smiles" even?
I am really unsure about references, but if you'd be able to make it semi-realistic and a bit more serious, without too much handwaving, I'd certainly play it eagerly, especially since it sounds like early game X-Com Files where you are practically just a civilian organisation with just a couple of field agents driving around countryside and uncovering paranormal mysteries, slowly building into something bigger - and that's the most interesting part of the current mod.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2364 on: May 02, 2020, 02:58:12 am »
At the end of January 1999, four countries simultaneously signed an alien pact! :o This is normal? It is also interesting whether there is a limit on the number of countries that have signed a pact with aliens, or eventually all countries can exit the X-Com project?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2365 on: May 02, 2020, 01:16:42 pm »
At the end of January 1999, four countries simultaneously signed an alien pact! :o This is normal?

Yes, it means you're really bad at dealing with the cults. ;D

It is also interesting whether there is a limit on the number of countries that have signed a pact with aliens, or eventually all countries can exit the X-Com project?

Yes, they can all leave the project. And it will not mean game over, if you can sustain yourself.

Offline Slaughter

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2366 on: May 06, 2020, 11:00:27 am »
Zombie Boomer Corpse is not researchable.

Yeah I know they're supposed to go boom... But they don't if you use a melee weapon.

Enviado de meu moto e5 play usando o Tapatalk

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2367 on: May 06, 2020, 11:21:00 am »
Zombie Boomer Corpse is not researchable.

Yeah I know they're supposed to go boom... But they don't if you use a melee weapon.

They can be researched, you're probably missing the prerequisite.

Offline baron21mdp

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2368 on: May 07, 2020, 06:54:55 pm »
Hello Solarius, annoyed again with a problem at the end of the month. Attached game saved.
Also, I have a question regarding dart weaponry. Isn't the production time for both rifle, pistol and ammunition too much, if we compare it with other elements that seem to require more technology?
I congratulate you again for the mod, it is for me without a doubt the best xcom game I have ever played.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #2369 on: May 07, 2020, 08:51:42 pm »
Hello Solarius, annoyed again with a problem at the end of the month. Attached game saved.

Why do you have regions STR_ANTARCTICA and STR_NORTH_PACIFIC? They're not in the mod nor vanilla. Delete them from your save (they're in several places).

Also, I have a question regarding dart weaponry. Isn't the production time for both rifle, pistol and ammunition too much, if we compare it with other elements that seem to require more technology?

Players need to something to complain about :)

I congratulate you again for the mod, it is for me without a doubt the best xcom game I have ever played.

Thanks! 8)