aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1060902 times)

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1785 on: May 25, 2019, 01:20:21 am »
The guy on the right seat (I assume passenger's seat) could get out of the bushes with some effort in a diagonal, but the driver was completely stuck in place, inmobile. Strange Life Signs, first mission in a new campaign.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1786 on: May 25, 2019, 10:30:12 am »
The Driver License is not destroyed after research. This allows researching it until all combat analyses are complete from the same object.

The missions with ~50 spiders/ scorpions/ Tier 1 zombies and the like are a bit tedious. You either can't clear the landing zone and leave or have to do a 30 min boring mission. Maybe a smaller map with fewer enemies will be better for these.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1787 on: May 25, 2019, 12:34:17 pm »
I don’t know why, but on the mission of David Vincent’s cover, I have cultists, not M.I.B. And yet, despite the description, agents can be evacuated from the mission.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2019, 01:31:59 pm by Vangrimar1 »

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1788 on: May 26, 2019, 03:23:50 pm »
Ошибка в клинике гибридов.

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1789 on: May 26, 2019, 05:56:36 pm »
May or may not be an error, but the Janissary has takes 0% WARP damage and 100% E-115 damage, are they inverted?

Also, on the mission pop-up for the Osiron Hidden Warehouse Assault, Warehouse is written incorrectly as Warehause.

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1790 on: May 26, 2019, 11:36:22 pm »
Should Dog Barking apply stun damage? Because I accidentally made a farmer pass out from all the woofing.

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1791 on: May 27, 2019, 02:53:03 am »
I seem to be unable to move facilities in base using Ctrl-click (200k cost).

Offline Mr. Mister

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1792 on: May 27, 2019, 10:22:36 am »
This one is a veeeery minor case of "bad taste": On a new game, the starting PUBLIC CAR comes pre-equipped with three glocks, out of the starting four (it was four, right?) total.

Is it a common thing to have a backup loaded glock in the belt?

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1793 on: May 27, 2019, 11:49:51 am »
The guy on the right seat (I assume passenger's seat) could get out of the bushes with some effort in a diagonal, but the driver was completely stuck in place, inmobile. Strange Life Signs, first mission in a new campaign.

That's perfectly normal and intended. :)

The Driver License is not destroyed after research. This allows researching it until all combat analyses are complete from the same object.
Good point. Fixed.

The missions with ~50 spiders/ scorpions/ Tier 1 zombies and the like are a bit tedious. You either can't clear the landing zone and leave or have to do a 30 min boring mission. Maybe a smaller map with fewer enemies will be better for these.

You make it sound like this was the default setting, and smaller missions didn't exist... Whereas in reality such big missions are maybe 5-10% of all alien life form encounters, and the rest is way smaller. So it's not a very fair complaint. :P

I don’t know why, but on the mission of David Vincent’s cover, I have cultists, not M.I.B. And yet, despite the description, agents can be evacuated from the mission.

Okay, this is seriously weird. Which cultists?
Has anyone else had this effect? I can't see anything wrong with the code.

Ошибка в клинике гибридов.

OK, I will notify Finnik. But first, can you confirm what happened? Did you destroy a tile?

May or may not be an error, but the Janissary has takes 0% WARP damage and 100% E-115 damage, are they inverted?

Not exactly inverted, but indeed one resistance was missing, misplacing some values. Thanks.

Also, on the mission pop-up for the Osiron Hidden Warehouse Assault, Warehouse is written incorrectly as Warehause.

Thanks, fixed already.
Should Dog Barking apply stun damage? Because I accidentally made a farmer pass out from all the woofing.

It's a weak effect, but it's there.

I seem to be unable to move facilities in base using Ctrl-click (200k cost).

Thankfully, this cheat was removed by Meridian. It was never meant to be anything else.

This one is a veeeery minor case of "bad taste": On a new game, the starting PUBLIC CAR comes pre-equipped with three glocks, out of the starting four (it was four, right?) total.

Is it a common thing to have a backup loaded glock in the belt?

Maybe not common, but certainly justified. Many players do that, it's OK.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1794 on: May 27, 2019, 04:24:34 pm »

You make it sound like this was the default setting, and smaller missions didn't exist... Whereas in reality such big missions are maybe 5-10% of all alien life form encounters, and the rest is way smaller. So it's not a very fair complaint. :P

Didn't meant to say that is the default. But I get 2-3 a month and they are a chore, especially if they show up one after another. This is the only thing that annoys me after a month of playing. That is a record on my account. :)

I greatly enjoy your mod. Looking it as if it is a TV show is very thematic. I named my two starting agents Mulder and Scully and Mulder has become a beast. The Scully role had to go through several "actresses" though.  ;)

About the "Crop Circles" / "Cattle Mutilation" missions. Shouldn't these be covert ops, like the "League Apprehension". Even with the *redacted* and *redacted* surprises it feels a bit excessive to send a military transport with soldiers in full combat gear just to arrest 4 civilians.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 05:19:22 pm by tarkalak »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1795 on: May 27, 2019, 11:00:12 pm »
Didn't meant to say that is the default. But I get 2-3 a month and they are a chore, especially if they show up one after another. This is the only thing that annoys me after a month of playing. That is a record on my account. :)

I greatly enjoy your mod. Looking it as if it is a TV show is very thematic. I named my two starting agents Mulder and Scully and Mulder has become a beast. The Scully role had to go through several "actresses" though.  ;)

Glad you're having fun. :D

About the "Crop Circles" / "Cattle Mutilation" missions. Shouldn't these be covert ops, like the "League Apprehension". Even with the *redacted* and *redacted* surprises it feels a bit excessive to send a military transport with soldiers in full combat gear just to arrest 4 civilians.

It makes sense... But it's also kind of evil. :P

EDIT: Found and killed the crash on the Hybrid Clinic.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2019, 11:10:14 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1796 on: May 27, 2019, 11:21:13 pm »
The guy on the right seat (I assume passenger's seat) could get out of the bushes with some effort in a diagonal, but the driver was completely stuck in place, inmobile.
Is it possible to add extra squares of the exit grid without increasing passenger capacity? It would make such situations less likely. (I thought I suggested this a week ago, but I can't find my post. If you answered this earlier, ignore it.)

The text for unarmoured rat Ufopaedia entry does not fit the screen, the last line "unassuming enough to be easily overlooked." is below the screen edge.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1797 on: May 27, 2019, 11:25:17 pm »
Dude, it's behind your task bar. Use a fullscreen mode or something.

Offline tarkalak

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1798 on: May 28, 2019, 01:56:11 am »
The giant spiders do not yield Energetic Blood Plasma like the rest of the creatures. I am not sure if this is by design or a bug.

Offline karnaugh_map

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #1799 on: May 28, 2019, 07:07:20 am »
The Tank/Rocket Launcher Repair manufacture is titled Tank/Tritanium Rocket Launcher Repair.