Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1108377 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1245 on: July 25, 2018, 03:59:22 pm »
If I remember correctly, in X-Com Files it's set to 97% or 98%... So the chances for losing someone are slim, but still allowing for an occasional fatal accident, so never relax. ;)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1246 on: July 26, 2018, 12:15:48 am »
Definitely a bug... How did it happen? It's never happened before!
Reinstalled the mod. It happened because I replaced buggy drones with Hybrids. Remember that Hybrid Fort a few pages earlier? The mission seems to have drones in the underwater village. I don't think it's right, anyway. It's in the attached 2000-04.sav, scheduled for 2000-04-16 11:00.

If I remember correctly, in X-Com Files it's set to 97% or 98%... So the chances for losing someone are slim, but still allowing for an occasional fatal accident, so never relax. ;)
Still better chances than in Xenonauts. There it's usually half of the ground crew. Even though the craft isn't lost permanently.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1247 on: July 30, 2018, 11:46:32 pm »
Just noticed this while trying to add some new missiles:

The backgrund and border colors of ufopaedia images for the craft railgun and the stormlance don't match the other entries, and the stock avalance and stingray images use the wrong palette colors (upper fin on the Avalanche / compare Stingray and Heavy Stingray).

Also, i'm getting a segfault when exiting the "Dimoension X approaches" map by killing all enemies. Evucuating by getting all of my agents to the exit works fine though.

EDIT: Apparently the initial spawn point in the second dimension x map (after exiting the caves) is buggy when using many units and/or tanks - i have 12 agents plus a tank, and loading the map crashes the game ~50% of the time. Works flawlessly when i leave the tank behind.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2018, 07:02:32 am by krautbernd »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1248 on: August 01, 2018, 07:50:44 pm »

The backgrund and border colors of ufopaedia images for the craft railgun and the stormlance don't match the other entries, and the stock avalance and stingray images use the wrong palette colors (upper fin on the Avalanche / compare Stingray and Heavy Stingray).

Thanks, fixed (I think).

Also, i'm getting a segfault when exiting the "Dimoension X approaches" map by killing all enemies. Evucuating by getting all of my agents to the exit works fine though.

EDIT: Apparently the initial spawn point in the second dimension x map (after exiting the caves) is buggy when using many units and/or tanks - i have 12 agents plus a tank, and loading the map crashes the game ~50% of the time. Works flawlessly when i leave the tank behind.

Yeah, it's a known issue, though it has never been reported in relation to the Dimension X map. Will be fixed in the next version (or you can update your OXCE+, if you know how).

Offline shanadir

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1249 on: August 02, 2018, 08:17:06 am »
i keep getting missions to go kill cult bases and HQs, even after i researched "terminate the *cult*" tech. do i have to get them all before any of them stop?

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1250 on: August 02, 2018, 09:00:46 am »
I had same question yesterday.
If you researched tech this month missions will keep appearing until end of it as missions are generated at the beggining of month :)

Offline shanadir

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1251 on: August 02, 2018, 12:06:41 pm »
I had same question yesterday.
If you researched tech this month missions will keep appearing until end of it as missions are generated at the beggining of month :)

oooh, thanks. makes sense

Offline Meironman1895

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1252 on: August 03, 2018, 06:13:59 pm »
I seem to be getting crashes on transitions to new maps in Dimension X, when it first appears. After beating the cave mission, I crash, every single time. After I'd upgraded to a new edition a little bit back, I used an old save in the caves and managed to transition to the new map just fine... except on beating that, I crashed as well.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1253 on: August 03, 2018, 06:28:32 pm »
I seem to be getting crashes on transitions to new maps in Dimension X, when it first appears. After beating the cave mission, I crash, every single time. After I'd upgraded to a new edition a little bit back, I used an old save in the caves and managed to transition to the new map just fine... except on beating that, I crashed as well.

What the... this was literally five posts ago. I get that people aren't keen on reading through entire threads, but this is just lazy.
« Last Edit: August 03, 2018, 06:30:56 pm by krautbernd »

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1254 on: August 03, 2018, 08:22:09 pm »
people whingeing about thing that's not shoved up there ass the instant they think about it, and cant operate a search function or there own eyeballs for more then 30 secs without running away crying. Welcome to 85% percent of the internet.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1255 on: August 03, 2018, 08:39:57 pm »
If it's new people or people with very few posts, it's completely normal and OK.

But we have such experts with hundreds of posts here too. That's sad.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1256 on: August 03, 2018, 08:56:04 pm »
Luckily, this issue will be fixed with the next version. Or you can install the newest OXCE+.

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1257 on: August 03, 2018, 09:05:19 pm »
Nah, too lazy. Also, already finished the arc in my current playthrough  ;D

Offline krautbernd

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1258 on: August 05, 2018, 12:44:52 am »
Something that just crept up:

Monster terror missions still spawn, even after finishing the arc. Is this intended?

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1259 on: August 05, 2018, 01:31:13 am »
Yeah missions of a type you close off with tech can still spawn until the end of the month. It's the way the engine works, nothing can be done about it without rewriting the whole mission system from the bottom up.