aliens

Author Topic: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste  (Read 1111848 times)

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Bugs, crashes, typos & bad taste
« Reply #1230 on: July 14, 2018, 08:50:33 pm »
Ufopaedia pages don't appear for Gauss Pistol and Gauss Rifle after they are researched.
P.S. Heavy Gauss did appear.

Missions against Reptoids yield insane amounts of Terramite — around 2000 units each, worth $16 million. Is this deliberate?

Gauss Cannon was in Ufopaedia before I researched it.

Quote from: krautbernd link=topic=5047.msg99254#msg992in54 date=1531580240
BTW, is there a way to ovveride .rul files with other .rul files? I like to make my own tweaks to the mod, but going through every file to make the changes when the mod is updated is kind of tedious. Can i add all the changes to one rul file and make it load last so it overrides all other files? Are they loaded according to file names?
I made a separate mod and set it to load after XCF.

I've got Psionic Labs, but can't set agents to train there. I recently hired Hybrids, but can't set them to train even in the gym. What may be wrong?

Can anybody say if the engine already allows infiltrated countries to restart funding? In case I missed it.

UFOs attacking interceptors is an interesting change, but for some reason I keep destroying them. They never crash land, they always get destroyed. Even battleships.
Correction: they do survive, if they decide to run away. But only the smallest fighter ever does that.
Correction 2: finally got a battleship that crash landed. First try out of 9(?).

Floater Leader (red cloak) has no inventory picture.

What is the purpose of "UFO Construction" and "Alien Habitat" objects I keep retrieving after underwater missions?

Same question for "Gremlin Pod" from underground.
Are "Chupacabra Embryo" and "Alien Ebryo" just to set the mood?

I got 1 ghosts mission early in 1997 and never saw them again. (I'm at 2000 now). Just random chance?

Similarly, I researched "Zombie Overlords" in June 1999, but never got the next mission.

Is there any use for terramite?

Is there any way to stop monster terror in the cities?

I interrogated Syndicate Scientists until they ran out of topics. Then I caught Werewolf, and had to research it.

I suggest that Syndicate Scientists could also give autopsies in addition to data on live monsters. There's so many monsters already, there's a strong chance to miss several.

In February of 2000 I shot down Hybrid Keep, tried to land there and the game crashed with "OpenXcom has crashed: Armor STR_DRONE_ARMOR not found" error.
See "keep-openxcom.log" and "keep-_quick_.asav".
UPDATE: And when I tried to write STR_DRONE_ARMOR,  I found that DRONE.PCK won't work for it. The error was: "Invlid surface set 'DRONE.PCK' for armor 'STR_DRONE_ARMOR': not enough frames".

What is the correct spelling? "Cerebral" or "Cerebreal"?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2018, 10:07:42 am by tkzv »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #1231 on: July 15, 2018, 04:05:00 pm »
Yeah, that's what i figured was happening, judging by how the tiles were revealed when directly standing on them.  Thanks for the update and the editor package :)

No problem, let me know if you encounter any issues. (though preferably not on this thread. ;) )

As for the dimensional dreadnaught issue - why not add something like "due to [insert snazzy sci-fi term here] the possibility of a dimensional echo exist, meaning we might encounter the craft again in the near future". No need for any time-travel shennanigans. Just write it of to hyperdimensional geometries.

Well, I've decided to simplify things and just make sure the ship appears at the very beginning of the month. This should fix the problem.

BTW, is there a way to ovveride .rul files with other .rul files? I like to make my own tweaks to the mod, but going through every file to make the changes when the mod is updated is kind of tedious. Can i add all the changes to one rul file and make it load last so it overrides all other files? Are they loaded according to file names?

Yes, you can simply make a sub-mod and make sure it is loaded after X-Com Files.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1232 on: July 16, 2018, 05:17:07 pm »
For a long time I could not understand why the bandits of Osiron behave so passively. It turns out they have a "sniper: 30" option. After its removal, they became much more aggressive. Now their ship will not be such an easy prey. :D I also hope that Solarius will add the possibility of evacuation from their ship.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1233 on: July 16, 2018, 07:55:36 pm »
For a long time I could not understand why the bandits of Osiron behave so passively. It turns out they have a "sniper: 30" option. After its removal, they became much more aggressive. Now their ship will not be such an easy prey. :D

sniper: 30 means that there is 30% chance they will try to snipe you from beyond the sight range instead of normal AI behaviour. Since it only works in cases where they can take such a shot, and that it's only 30%, it should have a large impact on the game. However, your observation is noted - I'll keep an eye on it.

I also hope that Solarius will add the possibility of evacuation from their ship.

Nah, technically it could be done, but where's the fun in that? :)

Offline ionych1972

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1234 on: July 23, 2018, 09:25:57 am »
Recieved same error with Hybrid Keep-  "OpenXcom has crashed: Armor STR_DRONE_ARMOR not found"
Solved by adding to armors_XCOMFILES.rul copy of lines for STR_ALIEN_DRONE_ARMOR and renaming to   - type: STR_DRONE_ARMOR

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1235 on: July 23, 2018, 01:21:12 pm »
Recieved same error with Hybrid Keep-  "OpenXcom has crashed: Armor STR_DRONE_ARMOR not found"
Solved by adding to armors_XCOMFILES.rul copy of lines for STR_ALIEN_DRONE_ARMOR and renaming to   - type: STR_DRONE_ARMOR

Thanks. I will check - never had this problem before, might have broken it maybe.

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1236 on: July 23, 2018, 04:11:02 pm »
I propose to revise the concept of pilots. Since the function of transforming soldiers is now available, one can really "train" the piloting agents. Pilots leave only for high-tech transport (fighters, etc.). And the motor transport pilots generally clean.
It would be nice if you could set up the types of piloting in transport (as types of weapons), so that different transport required different levels of pilot skills.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1237 on: July 24, 2018, 01:50:23 am »
I propose to revise the concept of pilots. Since the function of transforming soldiers is now available, one can really "train" the piloting agents.

What do you think I'm doing now? Transformations! :)

Pilots leave only for high-tech transport (fighters, etc.)It would be nice if you could set up the types of piloting in transport (as types of weapons), so that different transport required different levels of pilot skills.

I think it would be over-engineering. Any 90's action hero can pilot a MiG, and your agents... are 90's action heroes!

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1238 on: July 24, 2018, 10:06:26 am »
Solarius, could you answer my questions at https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5047.msg99267.html#msg99267 ? Especially ones about Psi Lab and Terramite.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1239 on: July 24, 2018, 11:28:36 am »
Not sure what the thing is with the psi lab. Are you saying that you can't train hybrids there?

And terramite has no use at the moment, but it will.

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1240 on: July 25, 2018, 12:33:28 am »
Not sure what the thing is with the psi lab. Are you saying that you can't train hybrids there?
I forgot it has to be started by right-clicking the lab. There was no prompt an the end of the month and there was no button in the agents list. Sorry.

And terramite has no use at the moment, but it will.
I guessed as much. I asked about its amount and price. Sure, lots of money is good, but 16 millions per mission?

On an unrelated note: I got an underwater village populated with Hybrids. Bug, or new kind of mission?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1241 on: July 25, 2018, 01:09:33 am »
I forgot it has to be started by right-clicking the lab. There was no prompt an the end of the month and there was no button in the agents list.

There were too many buttons (5+) in the agents list... so all were moved into a single combobox.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1242 on: July 25, 2018, 10:31:28 am »
On an unrelated note: I got an underwater village populated with Hybrids. Bug, or new kind of mission?

Definitely a bug... How did it happen? It's never happened before!

Offline Vangrimar1

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1243 on: July 25, 2018, 02:29:53 pm »
Tell me, with what chance does the pilot leave the downed plane and can I customize it?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1244 on: July 25, 2018, 02:35:53 pm »
Feature 5: Two new global variables for pilot/crew survival chances when shot down by a HK

- by default both are 100%

Code: [Select]
crewEmergencyEvacuationSurvivalChance: 100      # default
pilotsEmergencyEvacuationSurvivalChance: 100    # default