Author Topic: 40k  (Read 373968 times)

Offline Saratovetz

• Sergeant
  • whining nerd
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #180 on: November 11, 2017, 07:08:34 pm »
Wow! So much replies...

Adepta Sororitas , witch can combine with the mod, a bit like the movie ultramarine where they find imperial fists. But like always the issue is time and work.

Yes! Sororitas may be female-only soldier type and replacement for femmarines.
Also, why not add Imperial Guard and Adeptus Mechanicus forces too? It will take much time, but will add more variety for playtrough (need to add separate tech-tree branches for developing that soldiers). So, the final versions will be like Final Liberation's variety + Chaos Gate's atmosphere. ::)

one other issue was the blue bolter now has to be black witch you resolved it already

I did it long ago, as was said

Also, I loved the new colors of the ships, what I didn't like is the new color of the Sargent terminator, I think they deserve a fainted gold color

Accordding to backround, he deserve only helmet with different colour. Moreover, I haven't finished this armor, sorry.

and sorry for this marine, he'll never see the light of day again

The faith is shield. His faith was weak, so he was a heretic! Good job, tyranides!

<not for me, but why not to answer)>

Fluff-wise I think marines are kind of a bad fit for the game. Xcom always had an underdog flavour of disposable grunts having to outwit a superior force, which doesn't make much sense for them. Especially with recruiting being so cheap, fast, and resulting in such shitty soldiers with no stamina, strength, and bravery. A rogue trader makes more sense, or maybe an inquisitor.

But your starting soldiers are not space marines - just scouts. Well, bad-trained scouts. After several mission they become killing machines trained scouts particullary-trained scouts, so protect them well.  ;)

The combat knife and power maul are the only melee weapons that doesn't use skill. As your marines start with absolute garbage melee skill they're only things they have any chance to hit with. And with the damage gap being pretty low it's hard to see why I'd pick anything else.

Yes, the melee weapon requirements are a bit strange. Even before update, were the strength penalty on armour were reduced, captain (in terninator armour) cannot use thunderhammer and tactical sergeant cannot use powersword.

Offline Saratovetz

• Sergeant
  • whining nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #181 on: November 11, 2017, 07:15:53 pm »
And what about to give some personality to our walking coffins (aka Dreadnoughts)?

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5643

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #182 on: November 11, 2017, 07:17:37 pm »
And what about to give some personality to our walking coffins (aka Dreadnoughts)?

https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5655.0.html

This one is definitely an idea worth considering. Dreadnoughts at least should have names.

(My Chaos Dreadnaught is named Torg. So I can yell "Now, destroy! Crush them, Torg!" when playing.)

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #183 on: November 11, 2017, 07:30:15 pm »
What about allow corpses to be recovered(Marines)? Then they can be used to manufacture dreadnoughts, then the new dreadnoughts won't act as hwps, but as soldiers? What you think bullet?

Edit: I just played Chaos gate, and was totally surprised hearing all of the tracks you used for this.mod. Is this mod a port of chaos gate to OXC?
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 07:51:50 pm by Yataka Shimaoka »

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #184 on: November 11, 2017, 09:24:41 pm »
But your starting soldiers are not space marines - just scouts.
Scouts are much closer to marines than they are to fresh recruits though, and I think the process normally takes about a decade. And they don't get power armour and equipment ad-hoc when stuff is available. Besides, I don't know how I'm supposed to get my guys to live that long, especially with the horribly open drop pods.

The whole game seems like a poor fit for marines. And research is kind of a poor fit for anyone in 40k. I guess there's no point complaining, I know it's not going to change.

Yes, the melee weapon requirements are a bit strange.
It's not the requirements though. All the other weapons are basically useless because you can't hit a damn thing with them. At least not until you get your skill up near 100. Which is a long way from the max start of 40.

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #185 on: November 12, 2017, 12:00:58 am »
Heavy plasma does not have cartridges in the transport equipment screen. Soo, i can produce it, can not be used.  Or do I need a special ship?
« Last Edit: November 12, 2017, 12:04:12 am by NazarTyagun »

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #186 on: November 12, 2017, 12:45:44 am »
Just came to report the same thing. The entry is missing the line "battleType: 2" in 40k.rul around line 5300.

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #187 on: November 12, 2017, 11:20:06 am »
What about allow corpses to be recovered(Marines)? Then they can be used to manufacture dreadnoughts, then the new dreadnoughts won't act as hwps, but as soldiers? What you think bullet?
I guess corpse recovery, as Wh40k fluff states, should be used for geneseed extraction... Oh wait, an idea! What if new marines would be manufactured and their production would require both new recruit and geneseed of the fallen marine?
Well, nevermind ;D

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #188 on: November 12, 2017, 02:10:52 pm »
Now that's a good suggestion!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #189 on: November 13, 2017, 01:02:40 am »
Heavy plasma does not have cartridges in the transport equipment screen. Soo, i can produce it, can not be used.  Or do I need a special ship?

like original x com you have to do the research to the ammo on all plasma weapons, i can turn it off but  i didn´t lose time with it yet and makes no confusion to
me

Just came to report the same thing. The entry is missing the line "battleType: 2" in 40k.rul around line 5300.

Done ( battleType: 3 - Melee )

Scouts are much closer to marines than they are to fresh recruits though, and I think the process normally takes about a decade. And they don't get power armour and equipment ad-hoc when stuff is available. Besides, I don't know how I'm supposed to get my guys to live that long, especially with the horribly open drop pods.

about that depends the logic/game you play ( dawn of war -> space marine just a normal soldier  or spacemarine -> your the superman) but i see no problem when my 20 space marine squad takes out 60 chaos marines (even in cannon their equally match) because strategy plays a big part a bit tatic part
Even in cenematics of DOW a squad of eldar takes out a squad of space marines or a squad of orcs takes a squad of marines and a dreadnought . Again depends in our mindset like i said previously
Btw i despise power fantasy's like superman ,avangers and spacemarine game psp but again i understand the concept that sometimes they bring to 40000 universe  to pump up the sales

Edit: I just played Chaos gate, and was totally surprised hearing all of the tracks you used for this.mod. Is this mod a port of chaos gate to OXC?

y i planned it but never did it because it bring a lot of questions.. space in base?, what to do with dead bodys? scout dead bodys can produce dread? only terminator armors?

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #190 on: November 13, 2017, 04:27:14 am »
Regarding the idea of recovering dead marines and manufacturing dreadnoughts, I would suggest that in order to build dreadnoughts, we must first have the building that allows to build termie suits to be built first, then that building will allow the construction of dreadnoughts to balance that. Or have a facility that can store them, and by that, I mean the cryo stasis thingy

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #191 on: November 14, 2017, 08:59:01 pm »
Regarding the idea of recovering dead marines and manufacturing dreadnoughts, I would suggest that in order to build dreadnoughts, we must first have the building that allows to build termie suits to be built first, then that building will allow the construction of dreadnoughts to balance that. Or have a facility that can store them, and by that, I mean the cryo stasis thingy

I will do some love for dreadnoughts in the near future, but i go to confirm the implementation of the 2x2 armor spawn for regular soldiers is possible, so i can count dread as soldier´s, also that will force me to release the centurion armor

what i´m implementing now
Stormhawnk upgrade by manufacture and map tiles

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #192 on: November 15, 2017, 06:22:39 pm »
about that depends the logic/game you play ( dawn of war -> space marine just a normal soldier  or spacemarine -> your the superman)
Being superhuman is the point of Space Marines. The Guard are the regular soldiers, and there are about a million times as many of them. Which is why I think Marines don't fit X-Com so well.

Some bugs/issues:

• Master Crafted Plasma Pistol does not depend on plasma pistol
  • Some *peadia entries not re-written, namely base facilities and Power Source
  • Odd mix of the terms "clip" and "magazine"
  • Not clear that "Master Crafted Bullets" refers to Heavy Bolter ammo
  • Bad node in RMP file: ROUTES/CH05.RMP Node #22 is outside map boundaries at X:9 Y:20 Z:3. Culling Node.
Edit: Also scout eyesight is woeful. A scout couldn't see someone shooting him across an empty field, but a tactical marine spotted one over four map blocks away. Which makes for some pretty poor scouting.  If this is intended it should at least be mentioned in the *paedia entry.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2017, 07:06:24 pm by Searmay »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #193 on: November 15, 2017, 07:20:03 pm »
Being superhuman is the point of Space Marines. The Guard are the regular soldiers, and there are about a million times as many of them. Which is why I think Marines don't fit X-Com so well.

No game fit´s that superhuman description except console "space marine" no even the tabletop game, even in the beginning "original space crusader they are just marines killed by lousy orks and goblins
Space wolves game  it´s even worse (i´m currently playing and some cultist are stronger than terminator)
In All DOW they are regular soldiers...
But  i will go a step forward and  to take some camera shot from my wk40k game to prove the point
Now don´t make me go see the codex to see point´s of each unit in each army

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #194 on: November 17, 2017, 02:28:45 am »
well, since i´m not EA i decided to ear your appeals and introduce guard soldiers as backup units , buff up starting marines health and cost , guard are regular xcom soldier stats, still i only made one set of armor for then, also i´m correcting some appeals

the comparison
« Last Edit: November 17, 2017, 03:00:42 pm by bulletdesigner »