aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374204 times)

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #165 on: November 07, 2017, 11:46:49 pm »
openxcom has crashed: Error processing mission script named: Missiobn2, raace: STR_OBLITERATOS is not defined
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.org...
1 save...
time to play X-Files))

[07-11-2017_23-40-12]   [FATAL]   A fatal error has occurred: Error proccessing mission script named: Mission2, race: STR_OBLITERATORS is not defined
[07-11-2017_23-44-44]   [FATAL]   OpenXcom has crashed: Error proccessing mission script named: Mission2, race: STR_OBLITERATORS is not defined
Extra information has been saved to openxcom.log.
If this error was unexpected, please report it to the developers.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #166 on: November 08, 2017, 03:18:13 am »
Can you tell us what happened before getting the crash? It'll help us find the solution, and fix it

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #167 on: November 08, 2017, 09:15:29 am »
the mission of terror ended. A few game hours pass normally on the global map. Then at the same time crash and this error. Before that, there were no missions with obliterators. They have not spawned before
(Of course, if I load an autosave, global or tactical, the same thing happens.)

By the way, I sent interceptors to different parts of the world, (the place of appearance of this ship is not covered by radar) and once it came out to see the ship itself. Crash at the moment of LANDING
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 11:06:42 am by NazarTyagun »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #168 on: November 08, 2017, 12:20:47 pm »
i know the issue , i rename the race STR_OBLITERATORS to  STR_OBLITERATOR some versions ago . So i guess i missed the rename in  alienmissions and they still have to spawn STR_OBLITERATORS when the existing race is  STR_OBLITERATOR
ill will re upload the version even today with the fix sorry about that

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #169 on: November 08, 2017, 01:11:05 pm »
You created a new game on the old engine, no worse than the original, almost perfectly balanced ... in the universe - Warhammer 40k ... I'm glad to test a little
this crash is in 23:59:59, 31 oct
can i simply rename  all STR_OBLITERATORS to STR_OBLITERATOR in alienMissions_40k (only in this file) or in ExtraStrings_40k ( 2 files) too??
i renamed in alienMissions_40k (ONLY HERE), crash disappeared. but the mission did not started
« Last Edit: November 08, 2017, 05:32:40 pm by NazarTyagun »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #170 on: November 09, 2017, 12:10:57 pm »
You created a new game on the old engine, no worse than the original, almost perfectly balanced ... in the universe - Warhammer 40k ... I'm glad to test a little
this crash is in 23:59:59, 31 oct
can i simply rename  all STR_OBLITERATORS to STR_OBLITERATOR in alienMissions_40k (only in this file) or in ExtraStrings_40k ( 2 files) too??
i renamed in alienMissions_40k (ONLY HERE), crash disappeared. but the mission did not started

i know its frustrating dealing with bug´s mid campaign  :P
the mission usually it starts later , meaning the aliens process the mission at start of month, then appears on the 30 next days so the crashes for alien missions are at start or end of month usually. Or mission happens in a place you have no radar detection since mission 2 is a UFO and not a Site

Offline Saratovetz

• Sergeant
  • whining nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #171 on: November 10, 2017, 12:39:58 am »
When there were discussion about additional chapters, I suddenly remembered that did this. Tried to do, to be right.
(some pre-history under spoiler)
Spoiler:
Long time ago, when every cultist had their own heavy plasma and raptors didn't knew the word "Melee", I lost about 20 brothers in two missions. And there comes the truth. This order is not the Ultramarines, because only one order can be so unlucky. Of course, it is Lamenters (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lamenters).
And so, idea was found and creation was started. And still not finished. I dropped it because lack of time. Now, when I found it, I'm working on translation, and it is very hard to translate Warhammer stuff to Russian (cause we use mostly all untranslated or adapted, lol).
So anyone can finish or rework it.

There are some unfinished Lamenters-themed stuff in archive. Use only if you play on Emperor / if you are very bad tactician / if you are unlucky as f***(or if you hate Ultrasmurfs too much). Unpack it in ...\mods\40k and enjoy almost non-smurf world around (please BACK UP MOD FILES! THINGS MAY COME NOT AS PLANNED!). 

Ahem, in the file "40k.rul" you need to change marine's armour parameter "spriteFaceColor" and "spriteHairColor" from [<some numbers here>] to [], because the armour colour is same with some face/hair colors that will be changed by game to match the soldiers race (Lamenters gets f***ed even by ancient-Terra-age videogame).
And turn off femmarines in "soldiers_40k.rul" by changing "femaleFrequency" to 0. Please.

P. S.: My apologise for all, who downloaded previous version of the archive (is there anyone?) - it contaned draft version of assault armour that was a bit weird. Just uploaded correct one.
P.P.S.: F*** means frag, and what did you think?
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 02:13:40 am by Saratovetz »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #172 on: November 10, 2017, 12:56:02 am »
When there were discussion about additional chapters, I suddenly remembered that did this. Tried to do, to be right.
(some pre-history under spoiler)
Spoiler:
Long time ago, when every cultist had their own heavy plasma and raptors didn't knew the word "Melee", I lost about 20 brothers in two missions. And there comes the truth. This order is not the Ultramarines, because only one order can be so unlucky. Of course, it is Lamenters (http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Lamenters).
And so, idea was found and creation was started. And still not finished. I dropped it because lack of time. Now, when I found it, I'm working on translation, and it is very hard to translate Warhammer stuff to Russian (cause we use mostly all untranslated or adapted, lol).
So anyone can finish or rework it.

There are some unfinished Lamenters-themed stuff in archive. Use only if you play on Emperor / if you are very bad tactician / if you are unlucky as f***(or if you hate Ultrasmurfs too much). Unpack it in ...\mods\40k and enjoy almost non-smurf world around (please BACK UP MOD FILES! THINGS MAY COME NOT AS PLANNED!). 

Ahem, in the file "40k.rul" you need to change marine's armour parameter "spriteFaceColor" and "spriteHairColor" from [<some numbers here>] to [], because the armour colour is same with some face/hair colors that will be changed by game to match the soldiers race (Lamenters gets f***ed even by ancient-Terra-age videogame).
And turn off femmarines in "soldiers_40k.rul" by changing "femaleFrequency" to 0. Please.

Proper fix to armor/face clash is change face color to some other color group not used by rest of armor and change `spriteFaceGroup` to marching value.
[ps]
do not forget `spriteRankGroup` and `spriteUtileGroup` that could be used to tweak some colors in armor sprite, why not add red helmet to ultra smerf commader? :) like http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/10/26/550488_md-2nd%20Edition%2C%20Ultramarines.jpg
« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 01:00:32 am by Yankes »

Offline Saratovetz

• Sergeant
  • whining nerd
    • View Profile
« Reply #173 on: November 10, 2017, 02:33:27 am »
Proper fix to armor/face clash is change face color to some other color group not used by rest of armor and change `spriteFaceGroup` to marching value.

Yep, forget to write about colour group, but doesn't know about the rest.

do not forget `spriteRankGroup` and `spriteUtileGroup` that could be used to tweak some colors in armor sprite, why not add red helmet to ultra smerf commader? :) like http://images.dakkadakka.com/gallery/2013/10/26/550488_md-2nd%20Edition%2C%20Ultramarines.jpg

I am not the mod creator, just a random guy. However, bulletdesigner already did it

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #174 on: November 10, 2017, 06:17:36 pm »
Wow you did impressive amount of work, to be honest i also thought of adding other chapters, but in order do to so, the theme was to change to deathwatch ( you also thought about it in your files)
But in my opinion, we can add another soldier type ( like dog´s in x-files) with their armor set etc.. also thought about that to bring the
Adepta Sororitas , witch can combine with the mod, a bit like the movie ultramarine where they find imperial fists. But like always the issue is time and work.
one other issue was the blue bolter now has to be black witch you resolved it already

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 06:19:18 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #175 on: November 10, 2017, 06:31:05 pm »
Adeptas, will be cool to have them!

Offline NazarTyagun

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #176 on: November 10, 2017, 07:04:18 pm »
check "SHADICS ARMORS COLORED"
identical suits with the same rules. except for using sprites -
ARMOR_POWER_SUIT_BLACK
-
ARMOR_POWER_SUIT_GREEN
-
ARMOR_POWER_SUIT_RED....
it's too easy (actually, still requires a LOT OF TIME but not skill because you need to change colors and not create new image) We would get a little bit customization. Of course, adding bonuses to each chapter would be GREAT.

By the way, sorry for the dumb question, but does difficulty affect to the number of enemies in missions? if yes, then how much? ty

« Last Edit: November 10, 2017, 07:42:27 pm by NazarTyagun »

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #177 on: November 11, 2017, 11:15:34 am »
You know bullet, the two of you can work together! You are the spriter, you make sprites and stuffs for ultramarines, then he can recolor and tweak it so other chapters can join the playground of chaos.
Also, I loved the new colors of the ships, what I didn't like is the new color of the Sargent terminator, I think they deserve a fainted gold color, and sorry for this marine, he'll never see the light of day again

Offline Searmay

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #178 on: November 11, 2017, 03:19:46 pm »
Thank you for this mod, it's really very impressive so far. I haven't seen all that much of it yet though.

Fluff-wise I think marines are kind of a bad fit for the game. Xcom always had an underdog flavour of disposable grunts having to outwit a superior force, which doesn't make much sense for them. Especially with recruiting being so cheap, fast, and resulting in such shitty soldiers with no stamina, strength, and bravery. A rogue trader makes more sense, or maybe an inquisitor.

That said I realise the futility of suggesting that anything 40k should not have space marines.

Mechanics wise, the small labs are really annoying. There seems to be a lot more to research than the original game, but you've made it harder to get through.

The combat knife and power maul are the only melee weapons that doesn't use skill. As your marines start with absolute garbage melee skill they're only things they have any chance to hit with. And with the damage gap being pretty low it's hard to see why I'd pick anything else.

The bolt pistol being so fast and accurate makes it a weirdly good sniper weapon. Even weirder because this doesn't carry over at all to other pistols.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #179 on: November 11, 2017, 03:28:18 pm »
check "SHADICS ARMORS COLORED"
identical suits with the same rules. except for using sprites -
ARMOR_POWER_SUIT_BLACK
-
ARMOR_POWER_SUIT_GREEN
-
ARMOR_POWER_SUIT_RED....
it's too easy (actually, still requires a LOT OF TIME but not skill because you need to change colors and not create new image) We would get a little bit customization. Of course, adding bonuses to each chapter would be GREAT.

By the way, sorry for the dumb question, but does difficulty affect to the number of enemies in missions? if yes, then how much? ty
a lot!!

Edit: Since servitors has been introduced to the mod, it's good to have more of them, like combatants, and here, a mod which has them https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5692.msg87809.html#msg87809
« Last Edit: November 11, 2017, 05:29:08 pm by Yataka Shimaoka »