Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: 40k
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2016, 10:31:11 pm »
Yes I am using OXCE.  That is just a simple .exe replacement right?  Perhaps I'm using it wrong?

Are you using the data Yankes provided in his thread? I mean the ruleset etc.

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2016, 01:12:36 am »
Yes I am using OXCE.  That is just a simple .exe replacement right?  Perhaps I'm using it wrong?

I started a new game and got to another terror mission.  This time there is a 4 legged robot that crashes the game when it dies.  Whatever problem I'm encountering seems to happen with all 2x2 enemies.  I included the savegame.
In some corner cases is possible to made that OXCE will work but OXC will crash on same ruleset. I overall try avoid it (and even in some cases I enforce compatibility). From other way around (OXC -> OXCE) I try archive that you said, to it be replacement of original exe.
(in case OXCE+ by Meridan you need some additional transations to work perfectly)

Tomorrow I will look on this to see if its bug in my exe or in ruleset.

Are you using the data Yankes provided in his thread? I mean the ruleset etc.
Right now in first post are data for 3.5 that are incompatible with 3.3, correct one are available on mediafire page from link in readme.
« Last Edit: November 18, 2016, 01:16:50 am by Yankes »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2016, 01:39:09 am »
Right now in first post are data for 3.5 that are incompatible with 3.3, correct one are available on mediafire page from link in readme.

Wait, so is Data35.zip the right archive or not?
Honestly, you are the king of confusion. :P

Offline RaoulDuke

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 18, 2016, 02:01:18 am »
Here is a screenshot of the error message if that helps.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 18, 2016, 12:11:35 pm »

nop and yes, it a replacement of some files on xcom folder not just the EXE , anyway , use my folder , you don´t need to install it, and don´t need to replace your´s , just unpack it anywere and use OpenexcomEx
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiIR1ZqeDN5Rm1RYzQ

tell me if it works!

Offline RaoulDuke

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: November 18, 2016, 02:20:16 pm »
nop and yes, it a replacement of some files on xcom folder not just the EXE , anyway , use my folder , you don´t need to install it, and don´t need to replace your´s , just unpack it anywere and use OpenexcomEx
https://drive.google.com/open?id=0B3EJsib7nOiIR1ZqeDN5Rm1RYzQ

tell me if it works!
yes the version you sent me seems to work fine.  so I guess the problem lies with my version of OXCE.  oh well, i'll just use yours  :) thanks for the help!

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: November 18, 2016, 08:06:43 pm »
Wait, so is Data35.zip the right archive or not?
Honestly, you are the king of confusion. :P
"Data35" is correct for 3.5, that is current version. I assumed that exe used by 40k mod is older, this mean 3.3 that is incompatible with "Data35".

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: April 19, 2017, 12:52:54 am »
Hi, my space hulk map need some explosions and smoke on start Can someone teach me, i need to make smoke and explosion on the map like in the image . Is there a  script? , or  should i spray engines and make it blow... or it is there a simple way?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: April 19, 2017, 05:05:29 am »
One way is to make special grenade "items" that are a part of the map block definition in ruleset, with timers set to explode at the end of the player's first turn (the closest you can get to start of the battle).  For an example, you can look at the pink desert maps or the supply ships in Piratez, both feature timed explosives on mapblocks to simulate various things.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #24 on: April 20, 2017, 10:36:33 pm »
I can code it down for you, with comments, if you provide me with your space hulk terrain ruleset, and specify the type, placement, timing and power of explosions. Any type of explosion is doable, fire, smoke, you name it.
The only limitation is that these bombs can't go off before first player turn ends (unless they're proximity mines).

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 21, 2017, 03:35:36 am »
Just tested out there, the updated(13/04/17) version of 40K and noticed that if you view the electro flare in the ufopaedia the game crashes. Only mods activated are 40k and oxce+ missing strings.

Edit: attachment removed
« Last Edit: April 22, 2017, 02:48:49 am by Warboy1982 »

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: April 21, 2017, 09:48:54 am »
Why would you attach a whole 40 MB thing??
The save is enough...

Not to mention you've attached original UFO files too, which you really shouldn't.

PS: crash is caused by missing image 1LF.SPK
« Last Edit: April 21, 2017, 10:16:40 am by Meridian »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: April 21, 2017, 10:03:52 am »
Yes, please avoid such large attachments when there is no need to use them. This is just silly.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: April 21, 2017, 04:00:06 pm »
Just tested out there, the updated(13/04/17) version of 40K and noticed that if you view the electro flare in the ufopaedia the game crashes. Only mods activated are 40k and oxce+ missing strings.

True line in ufopedia was 1FL.pck and not 1LF.pck or inverse , just corrected now

anyway with new file the space hulk mission is running which i haven´t tested to full extent hope it works, works well for me.., if not i disable again!

Anyway i´m Planing big now :D
Total war scenarios and some obliterators that skipped leg day

Dioxine i see your script in piratez and how you do it, still i have a few questions like -> can i do randow Shell Round in batllefield Ex:
   - name: BATTLE EXEMPLE
        width: 70
        length: 30
        randomizedItems:
            - position: [20, 10, 2]
              amount: 1
              mixed: true
              itemList: [TIMEBOMB_SHELL, STR_DUD, STR_DUD, STR_DUD, STR_DUD]
        fuseTimers:
          TIMEBOMB_SHELL: [0, 100]

(the main question is if timebomb_shell can be considered an item in item list)
(btw  i dont now fusetimers script , will it blow between turn 0 and 100?)

Other Question: Can´t we blow up stuff  in turn 0 like the engines on crashed ship, like instead of engines some item of your chose
we don´t see the explosion but that also works for me  8)
(But if some magic ocours and explosions work on start of turn 0 it was gold i cant put some smoke at drop pods arrival, but i see Why only proximity mines bah)
thaks for the atention

Anyway im vacation out of country this weekend and few days no replys on next´s days

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #29 on: April 21, 2017, 05:15:20 pm »
TIMEBOMB_SHELL must be a full-fledged grenade. If you don't want it to be recoverable, set recover: false.

0...100 means between turn 1 and 50 (it counts each turn as two turns - one yours, one enemy).

I know no way of making these things go off before player's first turn.

It is possible to make various tiles explode on crash landing, by giving them the same special type as engine. However, they will also be recovered as engines... you can go around this with changing specialType of STR_UFO_POWER_SOURCE to something else, and setting specialType 2 to something else, like maybe fuel or circuits or whatever broad category of items you want to explode on crash. Actual engines won't explode with these tweaks, but this can be solved by setting explodium next to them.