aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 379919 times)

Offline Leflair

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #690 on: January 05, 2023, 03:39:51 pm »
Finished my first full playthrough as SoB, and the faction sadly feels like an afterthought.

Adeptas are more fleshed out in ROSIGMA, so try that submod if they're your jam.

The economics is different, you get more armors&tiers and more crafts (Castigators) + a lot of new weapons.

The main mod will get a update for the crash issue with the PCK.

Offline Amoebka

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #691 on: January 05, 2023, 05:46:00 pm »
Adeptas are more fleshed out in ROSIGMA, so try that submod if they're your jam.

I do plan on doing so after a small break. Still, ROSIGMA is more that a content addon pack, it adds a lot of new mechanics I certainly won't like. Would be nice if some of the content could get "mainlined" into the base mod eventually.

A large part of the problem is just balance, really. Adeptas do already have SOME unique techs and units, they are just so bad you never end up using them, which makes the faction feel like crippled SM.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #692 on: May 17, 2023, 02:21:53 pm »
How to make those soldiers just SHUT UP!? (Searched with some keywords, but nothing found.) It is just insane! Every time I click something I hear nonsense!
Also no hit indications? I thought this is a standart thing nowadays. In combination with extremely fast projectiles it is very hard to tell what actually happened.
Oh, have I mentioned, that I got wiped out during the very first mission? Seriously, this was one of the most unpleasant starting experiences out of all games I played.  :(

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #693 on: May 17, 2023, 02:30:46 pm »
How to make those soldiers just SHUT UP!? (Searched with some keywords, but nothing found.)

1. press Ctrl+X

2. or change oxceEnableUnitResponseSounds in options.cfg

3. or in the ruleset enableUnitResponseSounds: false

All documented.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #694 on: May 17, 2023, 04:44:33 pm »
For the hit indicator, you can just copy HitFX-basic.rul from any other mod which uses it and put it 40k's ruleset folder. Should work.

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #695 on: May 17, 2023, 07:03:00 pm »
All documented.
Well, definitely not in in-game ufopedia or on this thread's first post... In either case thanks, maybe I will return to this mod someday.
For the hit indicator, you can just copy HitFX-basic.rul from any other mod which uses it and put it 40k's ruleset folder. Should work.
Good to know. But I think that if the modder decided not to include this stuff, then game is balanced around this.

Offline HyperOS

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #696 on: July 06, 2023, 05:40:45 pm »
Hello, where "facility" RULE for this mod?
I can't find STR_GENERAL_STORES, how i can find this line?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #697 on: July 06, 2023, 05:45:13 pm »
TERRAIN_40k.rul

Offline HyperOS

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #698 on: July 06, 2023, 05:55:55 pm »
TERRAIN_40k.rul
Thank you very much for the quick advice and help!

Offline sayan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #699 on: July 31, 2023, 11:39:20 am »
Hello, not sure if it's 40k or ROSIGMA related, I've bombed Eldar webway on 1st turn and there have been enemy reinforcements spawning every single turn. Is there a set number of waves or something else I need to do to finish it?
Edit: with a bit of save/loading I managed to clear spaw-ins in 1 turn and mission finally ended(with 127 enemies killed). If I'm the only one getting it, I'm guessing it's one of the submods causing it.
« Last Edit: July 31, 2023, 12:45:51 pm by sayan »

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #700 on: August 02, 2023, 06:33:36 pm »
Dear all,

can someone add a picture how a Ideal Eldar base should look?
I assume to have 1x s enough but what to build into it?
not to make a useless one....

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #701 on: August 30, 2023, 07:51:49 pm »
Right now it is very tempting for me to just declare this mod as garbage and forget this nightmare forever, but I decided to give a chance to persuade me that this mod is not as bad as I think it is.

It took 3 game restarts to survive (not win, just survive) an encounter with the smallest UFO on beginner difficulty! It's turret appears to be indestructible, at least for weapons I had at that time. Soon after that I got obliterated in a terror mission where 5 cannon looking turrets where so well placed, that I couldn't shoot them, but they could!

Do I have to run away from turrets as soon as I see one? Are there easier missions in the beginning? The only easy mission I saw was when I took down an interceptor with 2 pilots. Every other UFOs were those with indestructible turrets.

I also tried to watch some let's plays, but soon realized, that they are playing essentially different game: no turrets encountered.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #702 on: August 31, 2023, 03:40:04 pm »

It took 3 game restarts to survive (not win, just survive) an encounter with the smallest UFO on beginner difficulty!
Do I have to run away from turrets as soon as I see one? Are there easier missions in the beginning? The only easy mission I saw was when I took down an interceptor with 2 pilots. Every other UFOs were those with indestructible turrets.

There are no difficulty level is chosen by faction you want to play
If you intercept with craft and take it down there is high change the turret is damage and not present (there is no great need to do that missions anyway)
The game is a sandbox where you can have different enemy base on start (not chaos), some are harder then other, restart until you get cultists if you are desperate
There are a lot of tips on the help section of the CODEX for weapons and gameplay
Join Rosgima discord so people can give tips and advice ( 40k is orfan)

Offline Vakrug

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #703 on: August 31, 2023, 03:59:23 pm »
There are no difficulty level is chosen by faction you want to play
I saw such screen in old let's plays, but in my game I had normal difficulty selector and the first research project was the faction selection.
Join Rosgima discord so people can give tips and advice ( 40k is orfan)
What? Does this means that 40k is abandoned mode and Rosigma is what I am suppose to play? There is no such info on this mod's first page.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #704 on: August 31, 2023, 04:47:21 pm »
I saw such screen in old let's plays, but in my game I had normal difficulty selector and the first research project was the faction selection.What? Does this means that 40k is abandoned mode and Rosigma is what I am suppose to play? There is no such info on this mod's first page.

No, means the administrators of the discord server got banned and it has no moderators.. so we decided to join rosigma discord
This is the screen that should appear there is no difficulty selector