Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374086 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #660 on: July 25, 2021, 05:35:54 pm »
New version of the mod is up - you can now play as Primaris Space Marines and deck them out in Salamanders Chapter livery. Download is on our mod.io page!

Offline EleriumWard

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #661 on: July 29, 2021, 09:13:41 am »
Good afternoon. I played this mod a few days ago, and I would just like to provide two comments on it

- Regarding Bolters, there does not appear to be any kind of pause after the bullets hit or indicator of where they hit, so it is bit hard to tell if they hit the intended target. In other mods, when a bullet hits something, there is a some kind of sprite/spark that appears after it hits. Would it be alright for you to add a pause and some kind of impact sprite/spark showing to make it easier to see where they hit?

- I noticed that some of the enemies glow blue. Am I correct to assume that these enemies are shielded? If so, then I think it would be better if it showed how much damage was done to the shield.

Offline LowerCarcass

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #662 on: August 03, 2021, 12:56:52 am »
Hey everyone
I'm having some issues with installation. I've set up all the mod folders and stuff (same as any other mod) but I can't see the main 40k mod in the mod list. All the sub mods are there. I'm sure it's something stupid and easily fixable, does anyone have any idea what I've done wrong?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #663 on: August 03, 2021, 01:07:16 pm »
Hey everyone
I'm having some issues with installation. I've set up all the mod folders and stuff (same as any other mod) but I can't see the main 40k mod in the mod list. All the sub mods are there. I'm sure it's something stupid and easily fixable, does anyone have any idea what I've done wrong?

It´s not on the mod list since it´s a mainmod, you must change basegame

Offline oxcuser0003

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #664 on: August 03, 2021, 09:29:05 pm »
Love the mod, great work, I remember first trying it years ago, just completed a SM game on 029 recently, awesome that youre still adding stuff.

Now trying out Primaris. Are there any update notes? They seem strong at the start since they come with armor and the Assault Bolter is strong, I assume they dont get terminator armor? Do they ever unlock firstborn? I was able to do the reverse and unlock primaris on my firstborn save. Any details on the armor differences after soldier transformations?

Some thoughts on my completed playthrough:
- I was expecting X-COM style linear upgrades but overall most things seem like sidegrades? I went through the game mostly with the Heavy Bolter/Lascannon/Terminator Armor/Drop Pods. Research doesnt have that X-COM feeling of progression. I was excited to unlock all the weapons, armor, vehicles but when I looked at the stats didnt feel the need to use most of it.
- Speaking of research, was a bit confusing, had to refer to the tech tree post a lot
- Master crafted ammo finally has the damage upgrade but it seems really expensive and just went back to the starting heavy bolter ammo
- The advanced crafts had really slow refuel time? 5 instead of 50?
- Is mind control in the mod? Got librarian armor but never got MC
- Base defenses seem to happen even with grav shield and melta def?
- Is melee viable? Seemed very situational but only tried a bit with one Assault terminator/MC Thunder Hammer guy
- Especially love the unit voices

Overall love it, thanks and keep up the great work!

EDIT: More thoughts
- the corpses seem to take up a lot of storage space?
- the honor badge system feels a bit clunky
- liking the detail of the Primaris helmet colors changing with soldier type/rank change
- love all the different factions/races, any thoughts on Deathwatch rules or something that would let you use alien items?
- variety in the weapons is cool but feels like there are so many different patterns of bolters/lasguns/etc that are similar
- does researching all the enemies/corpses/items do anything besides fill out lore? feels bad spending the research time, at least the middle mouse click gives some hints though
- the different chapter recolors are a nice touch
« Last Edit: August 05, 2021, 06:35:38 pm by oxcuser0003 »

Offline Ryskeliini

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #665 on: September 26, 2021, 03:37:07 am »
OG artwork made for space marines mod. it was made back in 2015 in mspaint, just for lols, thought i would share this here. Bulletdesigner and oharstein have done amazing work continuing the mod wich was just a example mod ages ago. keep up the good work fellas!
« Last Edit: September 26, 2021, 03:39:57 am by Ryskeliini »

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #666 on: October 17, 2021, 02:23:30 pm »
a question in regards of the Above ground Bases,

I see that there are multiple types - each type taking up soo much space that there is no possibility of combining them
(one has a Trade place or a outpost or a training facility) what is somehow unpractical as one has in total a very limited
nr. of Bases.

So I always end up building a Trade place (without it finishing the games is very hard, the possibility to buy raw material is key)
BUT with that I have a base that has no Radar and no runway...so it gets never attacked (not once in like 10x playthroughs)
would it not be more logical to make every above ground base a "Outpost" (with a runway and a radar) and one can additionally
build a 2x2 Trade place or a 2x2 Training facility into it? (beside the Turrets, mine fields, etc.) - so the possibility to have one outpost that
can hold every above ground extra facility.

also then maybe add a Hidra Turret...if the base gets attacked (Let me quest...if I would build the above ground base with the radar then it could get attacked? or my trade place...if Orks would find it then it could get attacked?)

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #667 on: October 17, 2021, 10:06:57 pm »
Playing as Arbiters,

the defense munitorum is a mission impossible, look here took my 3x turns yet lost 4x weapon/ammo stacks and for that minus 630
practically all got lost after turn 1...whoever created these missions must have a balance issue as these missions are impossible to get a positive score

Offline Tchey

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #668 on: October 25, 2021, 02:14:50 pm »
Hello,

About research, can we get some clarification, mostly everything :

- I was expecting X-COM style linear upgrades but overall most things seem like sidegrades? I went through the game mostly with the Heavy Bolter/Lascannon/Terminator Armor/Drop Pods. Research doesnt have that X-COM feeling of progression. I was excited to unlock all the weapons, armor, vehicles but when I looked at the stats didnt feel the need to use most of it.
- Speaking of research, was a bit confusing, had to refer to the tech tree post a lot
- variety in the weapons is cool but feels like there are so many different patterns of bolters/lasguns/etc that are similar
- does researching all the enemies/corpses/items do anything besides fill out lore? feels bad spending the research time, at least the middle mouse click gives some hints though

I’m playing OXCE+Files+Additions, and i’m having a blast, and i’m thinking maybe i’ll play 40k next month when/if i’m done with my current campagn.

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #669 on: October 31, 2021, 10:48:26 pm »
a question in regards of the Above ground Bases,

I see that there are multiple types - each type taking up soo much space that there is no possibility of combining them
(one has a Trade place or a outpost or a training facility) what is somehow unpractical as one has in total a very limited
nr. of Bases.

So I always end up building a Trade place (without it finishing the games is very hard, the possibility to buy raw material is key)
BUT with that I have a base that has no Radar and no runway...so it gets never attacked (not once in like 10x playthroughs)
would it not be more logical to make every above ground base a "Outpost" (with a runway and a radar) and one can additionally
build a 2x2 Trade place or a 2x2 Training facility into it? (beside the Turrets, mine fields, etc.) - so the possibility to have one outpost that
can hold every above ground extra facility.

also then maybe add a Hidra Turret...if the base gets attacked (Let me quest...if I would build the above ground base with the radar then it could get attacked? or my trade place...if Orks would find it then it could get attacked?)

Mechanically bases get attacked if the enemy is running a retaliation mission. I commonly build the trade base next to my main base, due to transfer cost and time. This means that the trade base is typically in the same region. As retaliation missions are per region, it is possible that the enemy will target the trade base instead of your main base. This is actually a good thing in my mind as the trade base functionally works as a decoy. In terms of detection an underground base would probably less likely to be detected as detection chance is by number of facilities. I am not sure if a 4x4 facility counts as one or as 16. To my understanding the dirt tiles will ironically increase enemy detection chance.

Playing as Arbiters,

the defense munitorum is a mission impossible, look here took my 3x turns yet lost 4x weapon/ammo stacks and for that minus 630
practically all got lost after turn 1...whoever created these missions must have a balance issue as these missions are impossible to get a positive score

Terror Missions are typically like that. Negative Score is a bit harsh as the normal terror missions can only be up to -390 negative score.

Love the mod, great work, I remember first trying it years ago, just completed a SM game on 029 recently, awesome that youre still adding stuff.

Now trying out Primaris. Are there any update notes? They seem strong at the start since they come with armor and the Assault Bolter is strong, I assume they dont get terminator armor? Do they ever unlock firstborn? I was able to do the reverse and unlock primaris on my firstborn save. Any details on the armor differences after soldier transformations?

- Master crafted ammo finally has the damage upgrade but it seems really expensive and just went back to the starting heavy bolter ammo
- The advanced crafts had really slow refuel time? 5 instead of 50?
- Is mind control in the mod? Got librarian armor but never got MC
- Base defenses seem to happen even with grav shield and melta def?
- Is melee viable? Seemed very situational but only tried a bit with one Assault terminator/MC Thunder Hammer guy
- Especially love the unit voices

Overall love it, thanks and keep up the great work!

EDIT: More thoughts
- the corpses seem to take up a lot of storage space?
- the honor badge system feels a bit clunky
- liking the detail of the Primaris helmet colors changing with soldier type/rank change
- love all the different factions/races, any thoughts on Deathwatch rules or something that would let you use alien items?
- the different chapter recolors are a nice touch

Gonna answer what I can.

- The initial weapons can carry you pretty much through the game. In my opinion this is needed as you will face Power Armor very soon. The options you research give you better tools at destroying/bypassing armor. But it's totally possible to beat the game with Heavy Bolters and Lascannons alone. One has to check the stats for nerds page to understand the different damage types better.
- Research trees without checking the tech tree is usually confusing. Any ideas as how to solve it?
- Player Mind Control has been removed. There is still some on the IG Psyker Telepath but it's likely not intended.
- Base defense has to crack the HPs of a Flying Fortress, the rest is probability.
- Melee is very viable. Of course you need some fire support but melee is really good in CQB.
- Researching corpses and live bodies is usually for the lore. There are very few research topics that depend on life capture/corpses.

Offline Shawdawg

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #670 on: December 15, 2021, 05:59:05 pm »
Hello, retried this mod yesterday and today and maybe I am doing something wrong, but it feels unbalanced. Tough is one thing, but in Jan, I am fighting Chaos Space Marines and Khorne Demons on my first terror missions. Any very small craft I shoot down doesnt survive to be salvaged. I am running Rosigma as well, and cultists arent much of an issue.

Is there something I need to do or setup, before missions to help my cause more? It feels like starting a game of Xcom and running into Mutons or Lobstermen as my first enemy
« Last Edit: December 15, 2021, 09:56:07 pm by Shawdawg »

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #671 on: December 16, 2021, 08:46:01 am »
Shawdawg,
Thats funny but some chaos marines with bolt pistols and demons actually is a early game. In mid game mod gives to you spacehulks with tyranids, eldars and advanced orks and chaos units. These are real mutons. Tbh only thing that makes me to keep going is good pixel art and wh40k theme.

My experience with ROSIGMA so far:
Armor on anything thicker than a cultist is just insane(around 100+-) and this makes AP weapons valuable and anything else worthless.
For no reason usual heavy bolters works well. Lascannons and Meltas for later game.
Sniper rifles works too, you can outrange most enemies with them.
Lasguns and flamers ignore armor but their damage/accuracy horrific.
Smoke is really helpfull. Just throw it beetwen enemies and you, not under your legs. Holograms cool too.
Each faction have items that can double your action points(chapter banner, sisters whips, comissars etc).
Use books(spells), it costs a lot of energy and caster recieves stun damage but with couple of medics you can spam them.
You start with HWP without any research. And dudes can be trained in them. Sentinels/HB of sisters just monsters.
Dont rush, use cover and loss of view, use focus fire on though guys to melt armor.
Use cannon fodder, they cheaper than grenades.

Hope this helps..

Offline Shawdawg

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #672 on: December 16, 2021, 05:55:12 pm »
Thanks for the tips. I have been trying Tactical Marines and finding Chaos Bases near my own base at the start. Am I better off with the 2 armors they give me carrying heavy bolters loaded with AP and a bike then? Maybe a hidden servitor for heals and a few scouts? Do you recommend the Rosigma Mod? Also, I saw a post before saying chaos was supposed to be more towards April, so I thought something was wrong
« Last Edit: December 16, 2021, 07:17:06 pm by Shawdawg »

Offline Requiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #673 on: December 17, 2021, 03:10:25 am »
Also, I saw a post before saying chaos was supposed to be more towards April, so I thought something was wrong
Thats true, around april will be a message that space hulk came out of the warp or something like that. This is where difficulty spike happens.

I dont recommend attack bases at all until end game. They can spawn stuff like 8 sentinels+sorcerers+chaos terminators. Orbital strike needed here thats for sure. Or at least more experienced troops. Try to catch some transports with adamantium/promethium. Once you research them you can buy them in outpost.

Cant say much about base mod, i played with rosigma from beggining just because its have more content. Especially for Sisters and IG.
My major complain is that they adding new stuff without any ingame info.
For example what in the hell lucius pattern lasgun? Oh, its Krieg korps rifle and can do power shots. From where i got this knowledge? Not from codex.
I dont know, maybe i just got softened by piratez/xfiles quality, lol.

ps sorry for typos, not native speaker.

Offline Shawdawg

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #674 on: December 17, 2021, 04:44:53 am »
No problem, I understood you well. If you didnt know, most of, if not all of the music is from Warhammer 40k: Chaos Gate