Author Topic: 40k  (Read 373952 times)

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #645 on: February 12, 2021, 08:20:19 pm »
Ah thank you guys, i see better what's going on.

I had no idea the game had different underground and overground bases to build, i played too much other openxcom games i guess :)
I'll have to patrol around then with my aircraft to meet those elusive enemy ships, i must have been unlucky in the region i decided to setup.
I thought those cultist alerts were results of landing ships, and as i saw nothing in months i was wondering what was happening, i'll have to find that enemy base

Offline Galdred

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #646 on: February 15, 2021, 08:23:40 pm »

If you're getting a lot of cultist alerts, that means there are cultist bases in the area. You can find them by patrolling with your craft (there should be an article about this in the Assistance category of the Codex).

Is there a place to go to "get started" with the mod? I feel like an orc techie pressing random buttons when I play, and the results are not very convincing. In my latest attempt, I tried engaging a chimera and lost all of my crafts. Did I miss something, like equipping the crafts with air to ground ordnance?

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #647 on: February 16, 2021, 11:49:30 am »
on my space marine game i noticed that missiles and ammo go out very fast from my stormtalons, so in case you forget to buy more after the message in which the base tells you they can't rearm fully, it's easy to send your aircraft without ammo to their own death.

another question : i researched the space marine extra operation that apparently unlocked a training mission in which i have to shoot 10 targets to train my troops more.
But how do you do that mission  ?
I can't seem to find any way to start it, my base has a training facility but out of normal training it does not seem there's some button to start that mission, to test i even built a new surface base with the big 3x3 training outpost in it, transfered a bunch of marines, but there's still nothing that seems to be able to launch that mission.

Decided to wait 2 whole months intentionally skipping all the enemy and terror missions just to see if by any chance this mission will randomly spawn somewhere, but still i saw no training mission.

So how to you get to send your troops in this one ?

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #648 on: February 18, 2021, 03:59:57 pm »
Side missions are "craft" that crash to the ground. Once you research them/complete one, the next one appears NEXT month.

If you've missed it landing and it's outside your radar range, you can find it on the geoscape by manual scanning just like looking for an enemy base.

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #649 on: February 27, 2021, 01:47:35 pm »
Question,

in V28 how does one "active" the Dreadnought ? in the Soldier menu I don't have the "revive fallen brother" menu (as I found on YT or here in the forums)...I build two would love to use them and also in the Armor menu it is not visible

Offline Buscher

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #650 on: February 27, 2021, 03:22:58 pm »
Did you research the Craft Lascannon? It's a requirement for restoring fallen brothers
Code: [Select]
#  Soldiertransformation40k.rul
  - name: STR_RESURRECT_MARINE
    requires:
      - STR_LASER_CANNON
      - STR_NEW_FIGHTER_CRAFT
      - STR_MARINES_STRATEGY

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #651 on: February 27, 2021, 09:27:43 pm »
thanks,

yes was missing that.

now I finished that research and it works.

Offline Ham

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #652 on: March 06, 2021, 08:17:08 pm »
Nobody translates into Russian? Could I try to make it? ::)

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #653 on: March 19, 2021, 08:53:11 pm »
so finished the game with Space marines,

very good experience,

one question to crafting,

what determined the resources? because I found it a bit unbalanced when a Juggernaut cost almost nothing but a Librarian, Captain or Reclusiarch armor cost as much as a Ship...and the vanguard armor was practically for "free"...I think should then the price of the above mentioned trio go down or the Juggernaut go up?

and the last mission, only approachable by the convoy...practically I was lucky to have the option to build one more base which I placed next to the last mission spot because otherwise I was unable to protect the convoy with 10+ attack ships....

now I am playing as Imperial guards,

crafting also here "strange" advanced sentinel cost less then the "crappy" stationary lascannon or autocannon BUT I think the game is even more fun and I think a little bit easier, the chimera, Leman Russ in combination with the airstrike gives a huge advantage and the Ogryns with Rippers are owning almost every enemy in the beginning.

and love the promotion/recruiting factor and I have a question to it. I can recruit Personnel with Hellguns and produce promotions...what is the requirement to promote a Guardsman? I cannot promote not a single guardsman...

Offline N00b45454

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #654 on: May 06, 2021, 06:20:29 am »
I have a question with the arbitrator promotions, what stats do your troopers need to be promoted into an arbitrator?

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #655 on: June 29, 2021, 10:43:01 pm »
YO the Space Hulk mission for the IG is broken when one has a Sentinel or a Mounted unit...it gets  STUCK by the terrain. ..OK I manage without it but it is still anoying..and I assume same shit can happen to other fractions that could get stuck....
« Last Edit: July 06, 2021, 08:30:28 pm by Simi822 »

Offline Simi822

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #656 on: July 06, 2021, 08:32:13 pm »
Question in regards of the option to create a random battle...I can select the craft, the mission, weapons, enemy...am I missing something or how do I define the Crew???? wanted to do a Armageddon homage battle and there is one Astartes....

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #657 on: July 07, 2021, 12:17:52 pm »
The soldiers are always random, since the faction is difficulty not work in battle mode, if you want that result you need to change the battle. cfg your soldiers manually

Offline millim

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #658 on: July 24, 2021, 04:23:28 pm »
I have a question, where can I find a reaper autocannon? I cleaned up about 3-4 blackstone fortresses, but I only found a multi-melta.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #659 on: July 25, 2021, 02:47:12 pm »
You need to encounter chaos undivided high rank, so a chaos undivided base, flying fortress, or sideoperations( 2nd mission is highly probable)