Author Topic: 40k  (Read 371501 times)

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #630 on: November 04, 2020, 06:11:11 am »
Ah of course, I didn't notice the changelog had updated! Great looking stuff, thanks for the continued mod support!

Edit:

- Signal armor now provides airstrike

Curious to see what the Guard Officer vox placeholder gets now that this is possible.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2020, 07:02:24 pm by Doc »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #631 on: November 06, 2020, 11:21:29 pm »
The airstrike added here is just a built-in firearm that looks and sounds like an airstrike and takes significant extra work to make it not function underground. It's likely the Officers might get something else instead.

Version 027 is out, mostly bugfixes but also a taller, better looking base defense map. Get it from from our mod.io page!

Offline Gnelf88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #632 on: November 12, 2020, 08:10:17 pm »
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but is there a way to adjust the frequency of certain missions? all I get is imperial guard and orks, with the occasional aircraft. I'm stuck in a bit of a loop where I need better gear to survive imp/ork missions but never get said missions, apart from when the stars align and a comet passes over the earth. is there a way to decrease the spawn rate of the imp/ork crafts or increase the normal chaos marine missions?

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #633 on: November 13, 2020, 01:20:10 pm »
Not sure if this is the place to ask, but is there a way to adjust the frequency of certain missions? all I get is imperial guard and orks, with the occasional aircraft. I'm stuck in a bit of a loop where I need better gear to survive imp/ork missions but never get said missions, apart from when the stars align and a comet passes over the earth. is there a way to decrease the spawn rate of the imp/ork crafts or increase the normal chaos marine missions?

Sounds like you're in extreme early game, chaos starts to rise around april. You can graph scout for chaos activity before you get good radar coverage.

Finally, chaos guard missions are optional, and orks in early game are only relevant if they're doing terror missions. Rest are optional. A few extra ork outposts in early game is actually a good thing for later on.

Offline Gnelf88

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #634 on: November 15, 2020, 02:03:26 pm »
Sounds like you're in extreme early game, chaos starts to rise around april. You can graph scout for chaos activity before you get good radar coverage.

Finally, chaos guard missions are optional, and orks in early game are only relevant if they're doing terror missions. Rest are optional. A few extra ork outposts in early game is actually a good thing for later on.
Thank you very much, yes I played for a bit longer and they do start showing up. need to work on my patience  ;D

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #635 on: December 14, 2020, 08:22:32 pm »
Version 028 is released - enjoy a series of above-ground outposts as a new style of base for your troops, purchasable manufacturing components, and updates to a few enemy missions! As usual, the release is available on our mod.io page!

Offline 40kfan

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #636 on: December 15, 2020, 07:18:40 am »
Great! Been waiting for this update!

Offline EuchreJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #637 on: December 16, 2020, 03:17:26 am »
Game won't run, got an error on install:
failed to load '40k'; mod disabled
Weapon STR_SHOTGUNPD has clip size 0 and no ammo defined. Please use 'clipSize: -1' for unlimited ammo, or allocate a compatibleAmmo item.

...It's a bug with those new Chaos Shotguns
« Last Edit: December 16, 2020, 03:28:02 am by EuchreJack »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #638 on: December 16, 2020, 04:01:52 am »
It's not a bug with the Chaos shotguns. You ran the mod using OpenXcom (OXC), not OpenXcom Extended (OXCE). You will need to install and run the mod using OXCE, as per the instructions on the mod.io page.

Offline EuchreJack

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #639 on: December 17, 2020, 04:52:05 am »
Thanks, that worked!

Just fought my first Traitor Guard unit with Chimeras.  Is there any way to take them over in-battle?
« Last Edit: December 17, 2020, 04:54:18 am by EuchreJack »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #640 on: December 17, 2020, 05:10:08 am »
If you mean commandeer them and gain control of the turrets, then no, that's not possible.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #641 on: February 05, 2021, 10:26:35 pm »
Version 029 is now out! Enjoy testing your mettle against Necrons as a new enemy faction and a new Chaos Cultist Ritual mission. The Space Marine Librarians will also have access some new spells to replace the vanilla Panic/MC combo. Check it out on our mod.io page!

Offline Rangerh

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #642 on: February 12, 2021, 01:54:59 pm »
Hello

I'm very new to this mod and i enjoy it a lot. But i have some problems, on the latest version.

I've started a space marine game , made a base, very quickly i detected a ship that one of my aircraft destroyed. I didn't bothered with the crashed mission as there was a chaos cult alert that i went through and unfortunately while i completed it , i got most of my troops killed or wounded so i didn't had enough people to get back to the crashed ship before it disappeared.

Now the problem since that event : i'm near 3 months into my space marine run but since that enemy ship , i have not seen anymore of them of any kind, so far the game is repeated non stop chaos cult alert (those summon/sacrifice things), with sometime a terror mission alert filled with chaos troops between them.
But absolutely no ship in those near 3 months . Is that a bug or is it part of the gameplay that ships are so incredibly rare ?

Now another question, probably not a bug but something i can't figure out : in my base when i want to build facilities, only half of them can be selected, the bottom half (trade outpost, training facillity, clear terrain, etc...) are present but clicking on them does nothing, they just can't be selected, why is that ? 

Online Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #643 on: February 12, 2021, 03:21:56 pm »
Now another question, probably not a bug but something i can't figure out : in my base when i want to build facilities, only half of them can be selected, the bottom half (trade outpost, training facillity, clear terrain, etc...) are present but clicking on them does nothing, they just can't be selected, why is that ? 

Facilitates visible but not clickable mean that your base do not have required buildings to built this new one. Alterative some buildings could exclude others.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #644 on: February 12, 2021, 05:14:33 pm »
Now the problem since that event : i'm near 3 months into my space marine run but since that enemy ship , i have not seen anymore of them of any kind, so far the game is repeated non stop chaos cult alert (those summon/sacrifice things), with sometime a terror mission alert filled with chaos troops between them.
But absolutely no ship in those near 3 months . Is that a bug or is it part of the gameplay that ships are so incredibly rare ?

Have you built more bases with radar facilities? Most likely the UFO missions are happening where you don't have radar coverage. You can see roughly where the missions are happening by checking the Graphs menu from the main Geoscape screen.

If you're getting a lot of cultist alerts, that means there are cultist bases in the area. You can find them by patrolling with your craft (there should be an article about this in the Assistance category of the Codex).

There are two types of bases you can build, determined by the kind of access lift you use. The initial base is an underground one with the majority of facility types, then you can choose to build either more underground bases or above-ground outposts, which is what the disabled facilities are for.