Re: 40k
« Reply #615 on: September 24, 2020, 06:17:15 pm »
Thanks!

Offline snuserfool

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #616 on: October 02, 2020, 03:46:37 am »
Quick question: where is the communications equipment that you can destroy in the traitor guardsmen base assault to destroy the base? I've attached pictures of the base I got. I destroyed all the computers in the main building and aborted, but that didn't seem to work. Will I get a special message if I destroy the right thing?

Thanks!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #617 on: October 04, 2020, 08:53:56 pm »
Radar on Top of the tower, and yes you get message. Long time since tested but I think all works right

Offline Irismono

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #618 on: October 13, 2020, 08:03:40 pm »
Alright, I'm pretty sure this has been covered before, but how does one deal with Enemy weapon emplacements? Specifically the Lascannons on traitor Chimeras and the cannons on Ork War carts.

Offline JustTheDude/CABSHEP

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #619 on: October 14, 2020, 11:49:36 am »
Big guns, quite simple unless you play as Imperial Guard, but even then Ogryns exist, or you can be luckey and get your Lascannon/Cannon in reach of the enemy gun.
Two hits from rocket launcher (krak missiles) should do the job. Your Chimera Lascannon has limited range, I'm not sure if traitor Lascannon works the same, but if it does, you can always try to snipe it from afar with sniper lasguns, Sniper Rifle, or Longlas.
If there is some cover, you can try throwing Krak Grenades.
Grenade launcher with incendiary, or Krak. Both will eventually kill it, while your guys are covered.
Probably the most important thing to keep in mind is to have and use smoke nades. Big guns appear to have limited vision trough smoke, while you can safely snipe them even if particular soldier doesn't see it. Then you can use anything, even lasguns will eventually break the armor and kill it, but for that you have Heavy Bolters and such. Even bringing one sentinel with lascannon is enough to deal with all of them if smoke nades are used.

Offline Kalmar73

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #620 on: October 17, 2020, 01:55:20 am »
Can someone help me up how do I get promethium? I found some in small ships, but that's barely enough to make ammo for guns and sometimes there are no promethium at all.

P.s. Is it even possible to destroy radar on enemy base? Shoot it several times with my Leman Russ and it didn't even scratched.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #621 on: October 17, 2020, 02:27:09 am »
Follow chaos craft until they land, shooting them down can destroy the promethium. If you see a medium-size craft land, likely more will follow or be in the same area.

Offline Kalmar73

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #622 on: October 17, 2020, 01:01:10 pm »
Follow chaos craft until they land, shooting them down can destroy the promethium. If you see a medium-size craft land, likely more will follow or be in the same area.

Oh, damn that was stupid... Thank you for advice! I got used to destroying ships during original x-com, so never thought about capturing them(+ my tanks are just too slow)

Offline SuperSirStromming

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #623 on: October 21, 2020, 09:23:08 am »
I need some help progressing through the orbiting ship investigation side operation. I'm at the point where I'm suppose to "head directly to the bridge" but on the ork's first turn I always get teleported and "fall into a trap" which ends my ability to progress past the mission. Also could someone help me figure out the tech line for unlocking the 1st company transport?

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #624 on: October 21, 2020, 12:22:09 pm »
I need some help progressing through the orbiting ship investigation side operation. I'm at the point where I'm suppose to "head directly to the bridge" but on the ork's first turn I always get teleported and "fall into a trap" which ends my ability to progress past the mission.

Also could someone help me figure out the tech line for unlocking the 1st company transport?

1- you need to evacuate the ship, there's an escape vessel, find it, move your units into it and abort

2- probably you need stormeagle , check tech tree
https://www.figma.com/proto/BlxFHqxPNCYHJs4SajUP6muF/OXC-40-MOD-TECH-TREE?node-id=36%3A3&viewport=936%2C-549%2C0.4314938187599182&scaling=min-zoom

Offline SuperSirStromming

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #625 on: October 21, 2020, 08:32:36 pm »
1- you need to evacuate the ship, there's an escape vessel, find it, move your units into it and abort

2- probably you need stormeagle , check tech tree
https://www.figma.com/proto/BlxFHqxPNCYHJs4SajUP6muF/OXC-40-MOD-TECH-TREE?node-id=36%3A3&viewport=936%2C-549%2C0.4314938187599182&scaling=min-zoom

Let me re-explain, I always finish the mission weather by leaving via escape shuttle or by killing all the orcs, but when the next mission appears it's exactly the same. So it seems like I never make any progression through the mission series regardless of what I do during the "storm the bridge" missions. So to be clear I don't have any issue ending the mission, I just keep getting the mission over and over again.

I do have the stormeagle tho I also have the thunderhawk and the transport thunderhawk. The only things I haven't received are sergeant terminator armour and chapter army.
« Last Edit: October 21, 2020, 11:38:36 pm by SuperSirStromming »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #626 on: October 22, 2020, 03:47:49 am »
1- There is A CRITICAL BUG, you got to wait until next update that should be soon since the next mission map and an critical item is missing, error on your part

2-About the chapter army you must save send, because the only requisite is stormeagle and high tier

research:
  - name: STR_CHAPTERARMYR
    dependencies:
      - STR_MARINES_STRATEGY
      - STR_HIGHTIER_PREREQ
      - STR_STORMEAGLE_INTERCEPTOR
« Last Edit: October 22, 2020, 01:49:27 pm by bulletdesigner »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #627 on: October 31, 2020, 07:19:01 pm »
Version 026 is in the process of being uploaded! Bulletdesigner has been hard at work adding the Adeptus Arbites as a new player faction, hope you enjoy them! This version will also be compliant with more recent OXCE releases, so you can safely use the latest OXCE with 40k again. You can download from our mod.io page!

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #628 on: November 04, 2020, 05:14:01 am »
Congrats on another big addition. I see the Arbites in there of course, but are there any other changes this version?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #629 on: November 04, 2020, 05:23:49 am »
We have a changelog channel on our discord server and thread here on the forum.

It's also available next to the download icons on the mod.io page.