Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374170 times)

Offline nicedayright

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #585 on: June 08, 2020, 06:11:00 am »
This has likely been asked before, and I don't want to be 'that guy', but is there a way to disable female space marines?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #586 on: June 08, 2020, 03:22:41 pm »
Yes, either make an aux mod that contains these lines:

Code: [Select]
soldiers:
  - type: STR_SOLDIER
    femaleFrequency: 0

Or find femaleFrequency for STR_SOLDIER in 40k/Ruleset/soldiers_40k.rul and set its value to 0 (you'll have to do this with every update of the mod).

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #587 on: June 09, 2020, 04:51:04 am »
Version 025 of the mod just went live! I'm excited to announce that bulletdesigner's hard work in making the Sisters of Battle a full separate faction is now out for your enjoyment. There are a number of other changes not quite as big as another faction, check them out on our mod.io page.

Offline Yataka Shimaoka

• Colonel
  • I'm the trouble maker
    • View Profile
« Reply #588 on: June 09, 2020, 06:10:03 pm »
Cheers! Now time to scrap my Guard saves and switch to Sororitas

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #589 on: June 14, 2020, 09:33:04 am »
Finally got to try out the new version, really great stuff all around. Hats off to the mod developers for continuing to put so much new content out.

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #590 on: June 14, 2020, 11:26:40 am »
Thanks for the dedication!

It's too bad research here doesn't unlock anything new but instead the standard WH40k armory, it would be interesting to see a human colony forced to innovate and improvise to survive, but that's logically beyond the scope of this mod.

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #591 on: June 14, 2020, 09:11:50 pm »
Innovation? Research?! Careful with that heresy brother!

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #592 on: June 14, 2020, 10:44:37 pm »
Meh, the Adeptus Mechanicus "rediscover" forgotten STC all the time. What's wrong for a random planet forced to go beyond extreme measures to survive, to do the same?  ;)

Granted, studying/researching chaos weaponry corrupts you in-game, but I dunno why would you do that, seeing that Chaos' weaponry is quite similar to the Imperium's own, if not outright inferior in certain aspects.
Easier access to ammo?

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #593 on: June 16, 2020, 01:21:30 am »
Quick question for the mod devs. Is this mod balanced around the use of advanced movement options or should that be left off?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #594 on: June 16, 2020, 05:25:43 am »
Personal choice on that one. If it was necessary one way or the other, we'd lock it like that.

I like keeping it on.

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #595 on: June 16, 2020, 07:23:46 am »
Ah good, thank you. I've been using it, but have noticed my guys get fatigued quickly. Starting to use it sparingly now.

Oh, another question actually. Do smoke grenades work vs all enemy types or do some see through it?

Edit: Further questions!

-Is it possible to eradicate the orks completely by taking out all their bases?

-The scout strategy rhino drop has two scanners that can do the motion tracker thing. Is there any other functionality there or is the point to just give vision?
« Last Edit: June 22, 2020, 03:42:34 am by Doc »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #596 on: June 24, 2020, 11:54:29 pm »

Oh, another question actually. Do smoke grenades work vs all enemy types or do some see through it? Only sniper unit´s ignore it and fire, as seen in a episode where dread´s were given that ability (and removed later), but i think other foes unit´s have to spot your unit´s

-Is it possible to eradicate the orks completely by taking out all their bases? Yes, but they can respawn by new wagons

-The scout strategy rhino drop has two scanners that can do the motion tracker thing. Is there any other functionality there or is the point to just give vision? Yes, they give all the map sight and also are target for enemy´s

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #597 on: June 25, 2020, 02:48:48 am »
Thanks for the info!

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #598 on: June 29, 2020, 02:57:51 pm »
Oh, another question actually. Do smoke grenades work vs all enemy types or do some see through it?

In my experience enemy turrets (chimeras, orc wagon turrets, traitor guard gun placements etc) see through smoke 100%. Although I haven't played the latest version yet.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #599 on: June 29, 2020, 04:24:00 pm »
They don't see through smoke. Instead, if certain enemies spot you, they can relay that information to the turret. Just like you spotting an enemy then using a sniper in smoke to shoot the target.