Author Topic: 40k  (Read 374060 times)

Offline Bubs

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #570 on: April 16, 2020, 09:29:19 pm »
So i recently got back into the game. Did they up the AI? Cause i feel like the bots are ridiculously hard now... Also it seems i cant choose my strategy focus? I only get research for the beginning of untainted, and (started game). Is this suppose to be normal? Or did my game bug out?? I've created 8 different games wondering if its a bug or just how it is suppose to be now? Anyone know if this is correct?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #571 on: April 16, 2020, 10:07:27 pm »
The AI has not changed, but the difficulty was normalized across all starts so we can pick factions at the start of the campaign. We've replaced the difficulty selection with faction selection. Out of curiosity, which language are you using? The campaign start screen should give you the choice of:
  • Space Marines
  • (reserved for later)
  • (reserved for later)
  • (reserved for later)
  • Imperial Guard

If you want to pick a strategy, you should pick the top option, then start the research for your strategy.

Offline Bubs

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #572 on: April 17, 2020, 03:51:35 am »
I am playing English US. Also that does make sense why the game seems much harder now. I do always pick space marines, however the research to pick my strategy never comes up? It only gives me these two. I've tried researching each individually before they delete the other research. Simultaneously to make sure i get both. But for me it seems they don't really do anything. After i research them, i don't get any more research projects after them. Only until i capture enemy war gear or body's do i get new research project's.

This isn't suppose to be how the game should work, is it?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #573 on: April 17, 2020, 04:22:48 am »
You're playing on an old OXCE version, you need to update. The version you're using doesn't have the research features we use for the start of the game.

Offline Bubs

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #574 on: April 17, 2020, 04:32:28 am »
Yes this was the problem! Thank you very much for the help. I can finally get back to smiting the foes of the Emporer!

Offline Alpha Tomato

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #575 on: April 24, 2020, 06:54:06 am »
I've been following Ohartensteins playthrough on youtube while playing my own space marine game, and i understand things will be different because he uses an older version of the mod at the beginning, however, i see he captures a chaos Navigator fairly early on. I am now in March of the 2nd year and have yet to face any chaos terminators or chaos undivided traitors (apart from 1 terror mission i didnt have a squad available to complete so i went in and aborted). Is this normal? or am i meant to do something to trigger them to spawn, there's been over 25 bases spawned and none of the ones i've found have been undivided or terminators so i cant really progress.

What i'm wondering is whether i'm getting bad luck, am not checking enough of the map, or am missing something?

Thanks.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #576 on: April 24, 2020, 03:38:44 pm »
The Navigator is just to unlock the Transmission Decoder, and it doesn't have to be specifically a Chaos Traitor marine - there are specific Raptors, Traitor Guardsmen, and Cultists that can unlock it too.

In the newer version of the mod we'll add more of the other factions to the research to unlock the "main story" missions. You may have been unlucky since the appearance of the various factions is completely RNG based, there's nothing you can do to change that but wait and get as much radar coverage as possible. If you haven't done the Sideoperations missions, you might try those to look for enemies to capture.

Offline TheIrishAce

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #577 on: April 27, 2020, 04:25:45 am »
Can someone explain how to stop enemies throwing grenades across the map it's actually infuriating.  >:(

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #578 on: April 27, 2020, 03:02:42 pm »
enemy try´s to do the most damage, so if you group up they will throw nades, if you split unit´s they will do the math and not trow, also in cover of smoke they don´t throw nades

About the long yard throw we are trying to fix issue, since they have high STR so they can carry all weapons.
We are working in some way to reduce nade spam next version

Offline SuperSirStromming

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #579 on: May 17, 2020, 08:50:18 pm »
I'm just getting into this awesome mod but I need help getting through some of the very first missions lol These orcs are really strong and I don't know how to deal with their tanks. If it was just the orc boys I could manage but these three tile high turrets make it really hard to out maneuver them. I tried using the missile launcher but I can only ever get a single shot off with my over encumbered marine before he gets gunned the tank because of the nature of the maps.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #580 on: May 18, 2020, 03:10:00 am »
ork bases have several tiers, turrets only appear on high tier, strike some low tier bases and avoy trucks , also there are trucks without turrets , check their detail in interception. interception some times kills turrets if u really need to take down ork trucks.

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #581 on: May 27, 2020, 03:34:07 pm »
How do I attach dreadnought armor to a space marine? Does it only count for marines that die after the dreadnought armor is brought into a base from which the soldier is launched from into a mission (do I get a pop-up during combat)? I can't seem to be able to bring back previously dead marines no matter which menu I navigate.

My mortality rate is low enough it might take a long time to actually get one of my good guys KIA so thought I'd ask in advance.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 03:39:30 pm by Silverwolf »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #582 on: May 27, 2020, 03:51:19 pm »
Drop-down menu in the lower-left corner of the Soldiers screen, select "Restore Fallen Brother" to see a list of your dead marines eligible for becoming Dreadnoughts.

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #583 on: May 27, 2020, 03:54:59 pm »
I actually just did some google/file digging and it seems like I need craft lascannon researched to get the conversion according to soldiertransformation40k.rul (is this right)? Which seems a bit odd since I'm adding a castraferrum plasma dread and I can manufacture the armor without being able to use it.

I actually recall seeing the fallen brother button on my previous save so I'm sure it's not a bug or anything, just an oversight (craft lascannon should be a prerequisite for stormraven tech or be removed as a prereq for dread use).
« Last Edit: May 27, 2020, 04:04:29 pm by Silverwolf »

Offline Drakenfoul

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #584 on: May 28, 2020, 10:03:10 pm »
Anny chanse one could get The Black Templar's in to a future update?