aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 373955 times)

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #525 on: January 02, 2020, 03:41:15 am »
I have a small suggestion/request. What do you think about adding another ammo type to the shotgun, like a slug/ap round in addition to the buckshot? This is something well established in the 40k fluff and it would add some versatility to a weapon that imo struggles to find a niche when 90% of the enemies wear heavy armor.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #526 on: January 02, 2020, 04:43:52 pm »
we can do that, i will add try to add it
since i´m no shotgun expert , i leave it here the code so everyone can see and give opinion

- type: STR_SHOTGUN_SHELLS_AP #                        10711
    categories: [ STR_CAT_SHOTGUN, STR_CAT_SCOUT]
    shotgunBehavior: 1
    shotgunSpread: 25
    size: 0.1
    costBuy: 2500
    costSell: 1500
    weight: 3
    bigSprite: 236
    floorSprite: 119
    handSprite: 464
    hitSound: 22
    hitAnimation: 26
    power: 35
    damageAlter: #DA BOLTER AP+
      ArmorEffectiveness: 0.5
      ToArmorPre: 0.0
      ToArmor: 0.0
      ToHealth: 1.0
      ToStun: 0.5   
    damageType: 1
    clipSize: 8
    battleType: 2
    listOrder: 10711
    shotgunPellets: 6

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #527 on: January 02, 2020, 05:21:32 pm »
Shotgun slugs don't really have a place since the boltpistol and even the lasgun exist in the mod. Rather than make the shotgun do something it's not supposed to (deal with heavier armor), I've been working on making lighter-armored enemies more prevalent.

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #528 on: January 03, 2020, 01:51:41 am »
Works for me. What's the idea then, more cultists and the like deployed with Chaos Marines? The variety would be welcome.

Offline Mitra Lightbringer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #529 on: January 06, 2020, 12:47:03 am »
How do you guys deal with the Orks? When I destroy them with interceptors, they still have massive fuck-off weapons in crash, and my bolter-toting scouts can't deal with that. Maybe with some experience, or if I had some melta, but as the first mission? No.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #530 on: January 06, 2020, 12:56:18 am »
Don't deal with waggons, go for there base, also they are not mandatory missions

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #531 on: January 06, 2020, 01:41:11 am »
I've had reports that the turrets aren't being destroyed very often when shooting them down. I have it on my list to check that out and see if I need to make it more likely that the turret gets destroyed when shot down.

For dealing with them otherwise, I use sniper rifles, heavy bolters, and missile launchers. Fire krak missiles at range to take out the turrets, then mop up the Orks with sniper fire.

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #532 on: January 07, 2020, 06:57:57 pm »
I feel obliged to relay my personal experience with the mod: while dealing with traitor guardsmen, I always find one chimera properly destroyed after successful interception, but in case of orcish wagons I have never seen even one turret destroyed and they have insane reaction fire which can easily shred a space marine in proper armour and a devastator too. So, if you end up too close to a crash, delivering zeal and fury could be extra hard. In case of orcish bases I suggest smokescreens and at least 3-4 snipers if you do not possess proper tactical armour yet as they tend to readily use rockets on you, if they spot you. Also taking down armour usually present on site could be challenging without armour-piercing ammunition or heavy weapons.

Offline Doc

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #533 on: January 14, 2020, 12:25:57 am »
I feel obliged to relay my personal experience with the mod: while dealing with traitor guardsmen, I always find one chimera properly destroyed after successful interception, but in case of orcish wagons I have never seen even one turret destroyed and they have insane reaction fire which can easily shred a space marine in proper armour and a devastator too. So, if you end up too close to a crash, delivering zeal and fury could be extra hard. In case of orcish bases I suggest smokescreens and at least 3-4 snipers if you do not possess proper tactical armour yet as they tend to readily use rockets on you, if they spot you. Also taking down armour usually present on site could be challenging without armour-piercing ammunition or heavy weapons.

I ended up cutting the health, accuracy and reactions of the turrets down a bit to the point where they go down in 1-3 rockets or melta bombs and aren't quite as certain to hit at range. They make a good challenge sure, and make you change tactics by denying you the open ground, but too often I found maps with turrets just turned into me tediously popping and shooting with rockets for round after round before mopping up.

Offline warbear1976

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #534 on: January 19, 2020, 07:55:09 pm »
The droppods wouldn't let me out. What do I do to make them work?
Using OXCE.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #535 on: January 19, 2020, 08:16:04 pm »
The droppods wouldn't let me out. What do I do to make them work?
Using OXCE.

They open at the end of the first turn normally, have you tried just pressing end turn?

Offline warbear1976

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #536 on: January 19, 2020, 09:41:37 pm »
They open at the end of the first turn normally, have you tried just pressing end turn?
Man, Imperial citisents are dying outside!!! Why aren't those stupid droppods letting me out?!!

Offline warbear1976

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #537 on: January 23, 2020, 03:54:33 pm »
Don't deal with waggons, go for there base, also they are not mandatory missions
Ten melta shots wasn't enough to destroy the cannon turret. And when I managed to destroy the minigun turret, the cannon faught back, killing all my men immediately.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #538 on: January 23, 2020, 04:35:12 pm »
Melta damage drops off with distance - you can see how much by holding ALT while aiming with it. I'm guessing you weren't close enough to melt the armor.

Offline warbear1976

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #539 on: January 24, 2020, 09:38:49 am »
Melta damage drops off with distance - you can see how much by holding ALT while aiming with it. I'm guessing you weren't close enough to melt the armor.
I was right next to the wagon, it's the only safe place: you shoot, then you get in and it can't kill you. That is why I'm pretty sure my shots were accurate and had the maximum power. I only could destroy both turrets after having spent six hours on it, it took me thirty five crak grenades and in the end, when I tried to shoot it with a rocket louncher, my space marine didn't have enough time points to get in, so the cannon turret tried to kill him, but as he was standing right next to it, it destroyed itself instead.
Really, those ork wagons can't be that tough! I don't know a lot about the 40k lore, but I thought melta takes down wateaver it is used against, except spaceships, probably. Ten melta shots, several crack rokets and a bucketful of crack grenades is way too much.