aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 373970 times)

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #495 on: January 11, 2019, 07:30:51 am »
I don't really know the coding complexity of the game or its software limitations but would it be possible to add like way more units on the combat field for orks and traitor guard? Especially later game?

Offline DarkRaven

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #496 on: January 11, 2019, 07:31:37 pm »
I've seen this mod some time ago but only just started with version 015. Great work!

On the mod portal I've seen this answer to a comment made by a user: "We've reworked the starting tech a bit so access to your first set of MK7 armor should be easier - when you research a marine "strategy," you unlock one of the variants."

Since I've only started playing two days I'm not very far yet but still I'm wondering about access to armor. I've chosen the Devastator strategy and since then I'm trying to find a way through the tech tree to get access to armors by researching topics I feel like leading in the right direction but so far I'm not successful. What is it that should be unlocked after choosing a strategy? Maybe I've just not recognized it as a variant ok the MK7 armor. My knowledge of WH40k lore and tech is rather limited, I guess.

And since this seems to be a recent topic, I've encountered Raptos and Juggernauts for the first time yesterday. They are fine as they are, I think. I had no flamers with me, I hadn't unlocked and built lascannons yet, I hadn't any meaningful explosives at hand. The raptors can be taken down from afar and since Juggernauts are melee only you can outmaneuver them. Powerfists to the rear work well and yes, I've just said that :D
Sniper rifles and bolters against their sides and backs work as well, and then it's just a matter of volume of fire. Throw enough shit at the wall and something is going to stick. I've just assumed that their frontal armor is the strongest so flanking was the obvious choice.
I got the impression that lasguns didn't work at all but as I understand I could have kept firing and eventually would melt through their armor since the lasguns do laser damage and laser damage removes armor?

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #497 on: January 11, 2019, 07:54:48 pm »
When you research "Devastator Strategy," you can then immediately research "MK7 Devastator Armor." Once that project is completed, then you can start manufacturing the armor.

Lasguns won't show any damage in the hit log (pressing CTRL+H) for the first couple shots, but they damage armor faster than bolters do, and gain a bonus against vehicles (Juggernauts count!). They're your best bet for reducing armor on targets until Meltaguns come along.

As a side note, I'd recommend ignoring the hit log for this mod, since most of the time you need to remove the target's armor first by massed bolter/lasgun fire, meltas, or a good hit with a melta bomb or lascannon. Most of the weapons will eventually kill anything in the mod, it's a matter of how patient you are.

Offline DarkRaven

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #498 on: January 11, 2019, 09:21:20 pm »
Uhm, okay, that didn't happen for me. That explains a lot. I've quickly started a new game and got this as the result. I guess this is correct now. Last time I only got Motion Scanner, Craft Auxiliary Systems and Laser Weapon Requisitions. No MK7 Armor, no Apothecary and no Stormhawk. I guess I'll start a new campaign, maybe other things aren't quite working as expected as well.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #499 on: January 11, 2019, 09:27:23 pm »
Version 015 should've unlocked those too, or at least I thought it was long enough after the strategy addition. Anyways, if you want to continue your current campaign, look of the topic "Armor" in the tech tree viewer, it's the way to unlock other MK7 armors and it'll tell you how to get there. Apothecary should've appeared too, that unlocks with any of the strategies, so maybe starting again would be your best bet.

Offline DarkRaven

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #500 on: January 11, 2019, 09:43:40 pm »
Whoops, I've just realized what went wrong. I've started researching Devastator and Imperial Guard Operations at the same time because I haven't realized that there is a choice between five strategies. I thought it's four and you always combine it with the Imperial Guard.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #501 on: January 11, 2019, 10:07:34 pm »
Ah, yes. Guard Ops is mutually exclusive with the marine strategies, so you were actually an IG regiment, not a marines chapter.

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #502 on: January 13, 2019, 11:55:03 am »
Seems like a lot changed since the last time i played this,nice keep up the good work.

Offline Balgias

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #503 on: January 14, 2019, 07:33:32 am »
What determines what race you're going up against?

My game has been nothing but raptors and terminators, I haven't even seen khorne berserkers, slannesh, orks, eldar, or much cultists in about 12 hours of play on this guard play-through.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #504 on: January 14, 2019, 03:08:39 pm »
It's determined by RNG, so you've mostly had a string of bad (good if you wanted MC plasma pistols and shotguns) luck.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #505 on: January 14, 2019, 03:15:32 pm »
What determines what race you're going up against?

My game has been nothing but raptors and terminators, I haven't even seen khorne berserkers, slannesh, orks, eldar, or much cultists in about 12 hours of play on this guard play-through.

it´s RNG but also it´s tied to months the more advance the harder, and also they are tied to missions, beserkers will apear more in blood shed slannesh in corruption, etc. ORK´s are limited to hulk, and eldar only appear very late game

Offline doctor medic

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #506 on: January 16, 2019, 12:18:58 pm »
From which 40k media is the music used in this mod from,i only managed to figure out a few tracks like the dawn of war space marine theme.

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #507 on: January 16, 2019, 12:31:17 pm »
From which 40k media is the music used in this mod from,i only managed to figure out a few tracks like the dawn of war space marine theme.

mostly are from the game chaos gate
kyrie from death note
Fate and Im my spirit for evagenlion 2.0

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #508 on: January 18, 2019, 06:18:46 am »
For those not aware, the recently-released version 017 has a new sub-mod that will show up as "Chapter Change" in your mods menu. This allows you to completely change the look of your space marines from the Ultramarines Chapter to the Imperial Fists Chapter! I'm attaching a small preview of one of the new inventory images for the re-skin. If you're tired of blue, this one's for you.

Also, I have a preview of a some recently completed Lasgun variants to spice up your life if you are sick of green everything for your guard regiment. The Accatran Pattern Lasgun is already in the latest version to pick up, and the new ones will appear next version, along with a greater chance to get the rare lasguns from landed/crashed craft missions!

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #509 on: January 31, 2019, 04:48:48 pm »
We now have a discord server so we don't clog up every other mods' or the main OXC server! Here's the invite link!