Author Topic: 40k  (Read 142493 times)

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #615 on: July 26, 2020, 07:17:38 pm »
I have been on the receiving end of this, and even recorded it for my LP. Managed to storm my own lift with just guardsmen, lasguns, and combat knives. There likely should not be that many enemies in the lift, I'll have to check the AI nodes on the map.

The fact that the enemies decide to wait with plenty of TUs for reaction fire is an intended part of the AI though. The main difference here is that this mod has higher armor on enemies than most, and it takes a different playstyle to handle. We give tools to deal with armor and tools to mitigate some risk of reactions, and both bulletdesigner and I enjoy using them. It is a difficult mod because of this, but again we like it that way.

You will still have some losses, but using the tools we've built into the mod to handle it will help you gain more out of the missions than you lose.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #616 on: July 27, 2020, 12:50:12 am »
I have been on the receiving end of this, and even recorded it for my LP. Managed to storm my own lift with just guardsmen, lasguns, and combat knives. There likely should not be that many enemies in the lift, I'll have to check the AI nodes on the map.

The fact that the enemies decide to wait with plenty of TUs for reaction fire is an intended part of the AI though. The main difference here is that this mod has higher armor on enemies than most, and it takes a different playstyle to handle. We give tools to deal with armor and tools to mitigate some risk of reactions, and both bulletdesigner and I enjoy using them. It is a difficult mod because of this, but again we like it that way.

You will still have some losses, but using the tools we've built into the mod to handle it will help you gain more out of the missions than you lose.

I managed to storm the access lift as well, but again, my argument was not that it couldn't be done, but that it presented an unenjoyable dynamic that didn't jive with the rest of the experience. And once again, i'm not against the enemy not using all their TUs, but that's not really what's happening anyway, because the end result is units that are stuck...and that's why it blatantly seems like something that should be fixed.