aliens

Author Topic: 40k  (Read 381658 times)

Offline Ham

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: 40k
« Reply #600 on: July 11, 2020, 03:13:00 am »
I don’t know if there was such a question, but who will be the next faction after Adeptus Arbites?
« Last Edit: July 11, 2020, 03:02:16 pm by Ham »

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #601 on: July 11, 2020, 04:43:03 pm »
The most probably is grey knights / ordo malus

Offline Ham

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #602 on: July 11, 2020, 08:40:24 pm »
Is there a chance that the Krieg Death Korps will appear on the side of the Imperial Guard?

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #603 on: July 13, 2020, 11:55:35 pm »
I don't know if this is a bug or what, but some enemies will take two steps (if any at all) and end their turn. This happens a lot and it means you can't avoid getting reaction fire from them, and I've had so many units in powerarmor be one-shot because of this. Even if you're able to use grenades, it still makes it a frustrating and paranoid experience. So, is there a way to fix it?

Offline Ham

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #604 on: July 14, 2020, 01:16:31 pm »
I don't know if this is a bug or what, but some enemies will take two steps (if any at all) and end their turn. This happens a lot and it means you can't avoid getting reaction fire from them, and I've had so many units in powerarmor be one-shot because of this. Even if you're able to use grenades, it still makes it a frustrating and paranoid experience. So, is there a way to fix it?

"The forces of chaos give me strength!" 8)

In general, no one said that it is easy to fight the enemies of the Emperor of Mankind) But so far I have not encountered what you came across. ::) ;D

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #605 on: July 14, 2020, 03:28:37 pm »
"The forces of chaos give me strength!" 8)

In general, no one said that it is easy to fight the enemies of the Emperor of Mankind) But so far I have not encountered what you came across. ::) ;D

There are many good ways of implementing difficulty...this isn't one of them. You might as well have all enemies camping around every corner and inside every building. But i assume it's a bug and not a design choice :-)

Offline Silverwolf

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #606 on: July 14, 2020, 04:12:38 pm »

There are many good ways of implementing difficulty...this isn't one of them.

You can avoid reaction fire with smoke & melee combat.
« Last Edit: July 14, 2020, 04:26:25 pm by Silverwolf »

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #607 on: July 14, 2020, 05:43:28 pm »
Or with sufficient firepower to kill outright - krak missiles and lascannons come to mind.

Offline Lifted

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #608 on: July 22, 2020, 07:43:07 pm »
Hi, not sure where to post this so sorry in advance

I just started a Sister's campaign and i noticed that enemies seem to be able to see, shoot and throw grenades through the tail sections of the first transport you get while my units cannot. This leads to me having to run out to the end of the tail to spot the target and maybe take 1 shot and run back into the ship or risk being exposed from almost a 360 degree angle. Am I missing something? I tried kneeling to see under and it gave me some vision but still blocked all my shooting.

Love the mod and the work you've done so far!

Offline bulletdesigner

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #609 on: July 24, 2020, 02:16:25 pm »
Hi, not sure where to post this so sorry in advance

I just started a Sister's campaign and i noticed that enemies seem to be able to see, shoot and throw grenades through the tail sections of the first transport you get while my units cannot. This leads to me having to run out to the end of the tail to spot the target and maybe take 1 shot and run back into the ship or risk being exposed from almost a 360 degree angle. Am I missing something? I tried kneeling to see under and it gave me some vision but still blocked all my shooting.

Love the mod and the work you've done so far!

Talk with the guy that design the corvus ;) , anyways just like at the fps shot to see how it works

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #610 on: July 26, 2020, 02:56:50 pm »
You can avoid reaction fire with smoke & melee combat.

I know that, but you and the others are missing the point. My problem isn't with reaction fire or how to deal with it, the problem is that the behavior of some units are grossly incongruent with the rest, which leads to lack of immersion, paranoia about whether or not you can only take one step before the unit one-shots you, and missions that become way longer and much more tedious because of it.

The worst example was in a base defense mission. I had made the layout so the enemies had to progress like this: access lift > hangar > hangar > hangar > chokepoint. There was more to it inside my base, but it was a really effective layout and normally that's what i would go with. After i had cleared the initial wave however, no more enemies came. I figured they were on their way because they started further back, but no. I started skipping 20 turns in a row, just to see if they would come to me, but no. Because of this bug/feature, 6-7 enemies were just hanging out in the access lift, which meant that all that base defense preparation i had made was now useless. I had move so many troops all the way down there, and then breach the access lift against full-TU-enemies. This made the mission much longer and much more dangerous than it should have been, and the thought of having to go through all that again at some point, made me start a new game...this time with the access lift first, even though it was a much less efficient layout.

That's why it's not a question of dealing with reaction fire, but much worse than that. Given that i don't remember seeing this happen in other mods, i still think it's a bug, but if anyone thinks it should be a feature, they clearly haven't been on the receiving end of it.

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #611 on: July 26, 2020, 07:17:38 pm »
I have been on the receiving end of this, and even recorded it for my LP. Managed to storm my own lift with just guardsmen, lasguns, and combat knives. There likely should not be that many enemies in the lift, I'll have to check the AI nodes on the map.

The fact that the enemies decide to wait with plenty of TUs for reaction fire is an intended part of the AI though. The main difference here is that this mod has higher armor on enemies than most, and it takes a different playstyle to handle. We give tools to deal with armor and tools to mitigate some risk of reactions, and both bulletdesigner and I enjoy using them. It is a difficult mod because of this, but again we like it that way.

You will still have some losses, but using the tools we've built into the mod to handle it will help you gain more out of the missions than you lose.

Offline Foxhound634

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #612 on: July 27, 2020, 12:50:12 am »
I have been on the receiving end of this, and even recorded it for my LP. Managed to storm my own lift with just guardsmen, lasguns, and combat knives. There likely should not be that many enemies in the lift, I'll have to check the AI nodes on the map.

The fact that the enemies decide to wait with plenty of TUs for reaction fire is an intended part of the AI though. The main difference here is that this mod has higher armor on enemies than most, and it takes a different playstyle to handle. We give tools to deal with armor and tools to mitigate some risk of reactions, and both bulletdesigner and I enjoy using them. It is a difficult mod because of this, but again we like it that way.

You will still have some losses, but using the tools we've built into the mod to handle it will help you gain more out of the missions than you lose.

I managed to storm the access lift as well, but again, my argument was not that it couldn't be done, but that it presented an unenjoyable dynamic that didn't jive with the rest of the experience. And once again, i'm not against the enemy not using all their TUs, but that's not really what's happening anyway, because the end result is units that are stuck...and that's why it blatantly seems like something that should be fixed.

Offline Ham

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #613 on: September 24, 2020, 01:02:41 pm »

Updated Extender to 6.6.1, after that the mod stopped working. Mod version 40k_25

Offline ohartenstein23

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #614 on: September 24, 2020, 02:46:12 pm »