Author Topic: The_Funktasm's Crap-U-Copia: Alpha on page 3 - 1/1/17  (Read 10530 times)

The_Funktasm

Re: The_Funktasm's Crap-U-Copia: Alpha, page 3 - Xtreme Measures update inbound
« Reply #45 on: December 28, 2018, 01:57:37 am »
Ok for real this time I'm uploading a later version of my mod soon. I need to replace some old lower sample-rate sounds first and then it'll be ready.

I could really use some input when I do.

On a separate note I'm kinda stalling with sprites at the moment and would be willing to try to make some in my general style of what people want to see. Have thought of trying an xcom resolution Steyr AUG.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
Re: The_Funktasm's Crap-U-Copia: Alpha on page 3 - 1/1/17
« Reply #46 on: December 29, 2018, 12:59:13 am »
You mean this?

The_Funktasm

« Reply #47 on: December 29, 2018, 11:58:13 am »
You mean this?

Yeah. That's a really good example. XCom probably doesn't have the right sorta green for it so I guess tan is the most obvious replacement color.

Offline FeruEnzeru[RETIRED/I QUIT]

• Colonel
  • retired, because of Meridian and his followers. 👎
    • View Profile
Re: The_Funktasm's Crap-U-Copia: Alpha on page 3 - 1/1/17 REMINDER
« Reply #48 on: December 29, 2018, 01:56:07 pm »
@The_Funktasm
Mr. Funktasm. Since i've read all 48 posts in 1 topic/thread.

Is it okay for me to wait for more new replies on there, i think i'm kinda moody with reading stuff on OXC forums, and me watching YouTube (XCOM, Starcraft, Halo, etc). :)
I'll be eating rice in the morning i suppose just for it cooling down.

I'm kinda dense right now today. -o-

The_Funktasm

« Reply #49 on: December 30, 2018, 01:32:23 am »
Mr. Funktasm. Since i've read all 48 posts in 1 topic/thread.

Is it okay for me to wait for more new replies on there, i think i'm kinda moody with reading stuff on OXC forums, and me watching YouTube (XCOM, Starcraft, Halo, etc). :)
I'll be eating rice in the morning i suppose just for it cooling down.

I'm kinda dense right now today. -o-

I don't really know what you're asking.

On an unrelated note, I forgot to post these earlier. Late-game XCOM made weapons for Powersuit units.

First set is a .50BMG assault rifle/mg hybrid, including a variant so overboard it led to the filename "action figure guns.png" Yes, that is a 40mm rotary GL attached to the bottom. Yes, I am aware that is a magnitude of excess that almost undoes any realism in my mod.

The next set is a micro rocket launcher I made to fill a different sort of niche for explosives. I have grenade launchers, which can put a grenade in an arc onto or over a building or wall, but the only straight-trajectory explosives I have are all much too strong/slow to use for multiple targets. So I figured it might be useful to have micro-rockets with smaller payloads. As XCOM doesn't have multi-payload/breaching rockets I figured the next best thing is to just pump a lot of them at the target as if you're Duke Nukem. The one on the top is either 2 or 4 barrel. The one below has a rotary barrel setup with three.

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2018, 05:54:59 am »
The next set is a micro rocket launcher I made to fill a different sort of niche for explosives.
That's really cool!

I've been looking for a rocket launcher that loads 3 rockets at a time, and also a grenade launcher.

These are very cool sprites!

The_Funktasm

« Reply #51 on: January 01, 2019, 04:10:50 pm »
That's really cool!

I've been looking for a rocket launcher that loads 3 rockets at a time, and also a grenade launcher.

These are very cool sprites!

Thanks! As previously stated they're open for usage. I can also adapt the weapon if you want, and make a triple rocket pack for your weapon. It depends on your intended look for your weapon. I was making a middle ground between Duke Nukem's devastator and the HALO rocket launcher. (Serious Sam also, not gonna lie.)

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: January 06, 2019, 02:44:21 pm »
Thanks! As previously stated they're open for usage. I can also adapt the weapon if you want, and make a triple rocket pack for your weapon. It depends on your intended look for your weapon. I was making a middle ground between Duke Nukem's devastator and the HALO rocket launcher. (Serious Sam also, not gonna lie.)
I'm not sure what it should look like. It just seems like a good idea for a weapon. If the rocket pack is too big, then it's just a heavy cannon with fins on the ammo. But with 3, it actually straddles the line between rocket launcher and heavy cannon. 2 would also work. High tech look might work well, if it's for mid-game or later.

edit: I suppose I should add: it's more of a suggestion than a request. I wouldn't necessarily use such a thing in my mod. But I think it would be cool if it existed and I haven't seen a sprite like that yet in anyone else's collections.
« Last Edit: January 07, 2019, 04:00:29 am by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: March 30, 2019, 12:43:32 am »
I really like your graphics! Can i use it to my mod?

I attached example.

The_Funktasm

« Reply #54 on: April 05, 2019, 08:23:56 pm »
I really like your graphics! Can i use it to my mod?

I attached example.

Sure. It's a modder's resource.

Offline Biggieboy

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: April 05, 2019, 11:23:44 pm »
Sure. It's a modder's resource.

Thank you!

The_Funktasm

« Reply #56 on: May 21, 2019, 11:37:28 am »
So, I haven't worked on anything XCom in ages.

I have however had an idea I at least wanted to share or maybe test the waters on. Tokusatsu XCom. Ultraman/Ultraseven and Kamen Rider blended into XCom.

"eXACT - eXtraterrestrial Advanced Counter-Terrorism unit" The name of a secret coalition founded by the nations of Earth to protect its people from the threat of extraterrestrial forces, terrorist organizations, and secret societies. These brave men, women, turncoat aliens and cybernetic humans fight a neverending war against all those who would threaten Earth's peace.

Using all the super-science of the late 60's and 70's, these jumpsuited and stalwart heroes defend earth from the alien of the month, and various nefarious schemes and plots from them and other evildoers. The genius scientific staff is ever busy creating advances to help defend eXACT agents and assist them against their foes.

« Last Edit: May 21, 2019, 11:40:28 am by The_Funktasm »