Author Topic: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread  (Read 357076 times)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [EXPANSION]Hardmode Expansion -- General Feedback Thread
« Reply #870 on: July 08, 2022, 01:16:12 pm »
Hardmode Expansion 0.99.9 - OXCE Features/Bugfixes/Rebalances

Download Links Hardmode Expansion
I hereby send this plague to all players. May your soldier fight bravely and vigilant!

Fixing some ciritical Bugs, which made the mod crash under OXCE and OXC.
Rebalanced some Weapons and Armor especially Shotguns.
Enabled a list of Features from OpenXcom Extended

Language files have also been updated.

If you wanna help translate, the mod is on Transifex

Please use newest Nightly, or at least Nightly Version: openxcom_git_master_2022_04_29_0633
Please use newest OXCE Version, or at least OCXE Version: OXCE 7.5.3

Documentation:
Current ToDo List
Credit List
Changelog

Changelog:

Version 0.99.9
 - Adjust UFO Extender Accuracy Settings
 - Adjust Armor Resistence for Reinforced Suits
 - Adjust Armor Resistance for some Lategame Enemies
 - Fix wrong/missing Sprite for Spitterzombie
 - Fix Plasma Weapon Research Bug
 - Fix Plasma Pistol Elerium Clip hitAnimation not showing
 - Fix Spitter Zombie not spawning from Spitter melee attacks
 - Fix Sortorder for HC and AC Ammo
 - Fix missing listOrder for Spitter Melee Weapon
 - Fix missing UFO Extender settings for Laserrifle/Taser Pistol
 - Fix missing arcingshot for Chryssalid Spitter
 - Fix missinf UFO Extender settings for Chryssalid Spitter Ranged Weapon
 - Add OXCE Missioninteruption for successful Ground Assault
 - Add OXCE option to let Countries rejoin the Council once Pactbase is defeated
 - Add OXCE medikit DOS targetting behaviour for drones and medikits
 - Add OXCE recommended and fixed Useroption

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #871 on: July 13, 2022, 09:22:38 am »
Hi,
I am still here after so many years, ;D
thanks for keeping your mods alive :)
Do you plan to integrate the extended community map pack as well?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #872 on: July 13, 2022, 11:14:20 am »
Hi,
I am still here after so many years, ;D
thanks for keeping your mods alive :)
Do you plan to integrate the extended community map pack as well?

Hi there :)
I hope you did improve your english in all those years. ;)

Yes i might add all the terrain maps I can find and which also will work under OXC, just beacuse I want all the terrains!!!!
So far no timeschedule has been for this.

I also good some nice idea about a Hovering Support Drone and potentially a Walkertank/Laser.

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #873 on: July 14, 2022, 01:02:04 am »
Hi there :)
I hope you did improve your english in all those years. ;)

:o ::) ;D ;D

...I think it still takes a few centuries...

Offline Vojevoda

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #874 on: February 08, 2023, 11:21:25 am »
Hello. A new Hardmode enjoyer here. Would like leave some feedback.
I`m playing latest Version 0.99.9.
First of all, I`d like to thank Hellrazor for this extremely painful but incredibly fun and enjoyable experience.

I`m have been playing this game since release in 1994. Had a classic transformation from save scum to Ironman. But I`ve never been a super hard core player who knows every ins and outs of the game. Very long time ago I found original UFO to be very easy. And switched mostly to TftD since OpenXcom made playing that game a much more reliable experience. However, some design decisions of TftD always made experience significantly less enjoyable. I`m of course talking about two staged terror and base mission. I think that original Xcom almost nailed pacing part of the game from very beginning.  And right now I see Hardmode as a perfect combination of two games. Much more transparent and easy to follow pacing, and a real challenge difficulty wise. 
I`m having my first play through (watched some let`s plays of the mod that sold me on the idea. Thank you Loonsloon), I just transitioned to May. Got my first live alien and working on dataslate.
Here is some feedback and questions based om my limited experience:
1)   New research tree is amazing. Really like the idea of alloy rounds to make transition to Lasers much longer and rewarding.
2)   However, I find new shotguns to be slightly over tuned compared to other weapons. And super over tuned compared to Rifles. For example, first though on new Grenade Launcher was – “OP as hell”. But very soon, I understood that terrain made them very balanced. Plenty of obstacles. I presume a deliberate design of some new UFOs that provide addition cover. Let alone almost zero use in closed environments like bases. Shotguns on the other hand, seem to have zero down sides. First of all, Shotgun snap shot is mathematically over five times better over rifle. They both have same TU cost of 25%. Same accuracy of 60% but rifle shoots only one round and shotgun shoots five of them. In comparison, Rifle auto shot is just a joke. Three shots with lower accuracy and higher TU cost. And on top of that, add higher damage of individual round of a shotgun. 46 against 40. I feel like rifles need a boost in accuracy and TU cost to be justified. And no, I don`t think that higher values for aimed shot compensate. Snipers are better and we always have second support trooper for CQB. Besides, you only need two snipers at most. Maybe two grenade launchers (if terrain allows it), rest is just shotguns.
3)   Are melee weapons just fun service? For now, I see zero use for them. Maybe later versions will change my mind.   
4)   In my play through if found remarkably few UFOs. It`s may. I saw only 24. Most of them are very small that often outrun my Interceptors. And significant chunk had been large sectiod ships. I have three radar bases in regions that game claimed to have alien activity. But after construction, two of my bases had zero contact. I know of the second base. But it`s a sectiod base. Basically invulnerable at this point. Found third one after region had signed a pact with aliens and luckily it was mixed Floater/Sectoid base. In normal game this good for you. But here, where main income is missions, that is a significant problem. I feel like things will start to fall apart by the end of the month. What`s even stranger, is that I watch Loonsloon`s play through, and he had been doing better than me in terms of dealing with aliens, and yet, he sees plenty of UFOs.
5)   Psi…. Oh boy, where to begin with that. This part of the game had always been most broken and frustrating. Second month – full Sectoid base.  Zero chances of successful assault. Also, that makes all large UFOs I find near that base pure Sectoids. Making them a low chance gamble for an Ironman play through. Perhaps, we could tune game logic a little bit. So that pure Sectiod crews appear a little further down the road? Or, I`d make Sectoid Psi abilities slightly weaker. Like increase TUs to make them use it slightly less often. That will give us a proper fighting chance and we could meet Ethereals prepared.
6)   On top of that, I`d make our solders unable to use attacking Psi abilities. And made Psi-Amp in to a purely defensive mechanism. Not impenetrable shield. But additional protection for Psi attacks. 
7)   Some minor terrain issues. Particularly I had some very frustrating jungle/pyramid layouts that made large UFO site frustrating as hell. Very narrow paths. Extreme amount of vegetation.  And more importantly, when I tried to clear path, most of the vegetation turned out to be immune do explosives and incendiary damage.

But again. Thank you very much for this mode. It was super fun. Hoping it will improve over time and more people will hear about it.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #875 on: February 13, 2023, 04:30:18 pm »
Hello. A new Hardmode enjoyer here. Would like leave some feedback.
I`m playing latest Version 0.99.9.
First of all, I`d like to thank Hellrazor for this extremely painful but incredibly fun and enjoyable experience.

Thanks your feedback and for the praise. I hope you will enjoy the mod until the end, if you get that far. :)

I`m have been playing this game since release in 1994. Had a classic transformation from save scum to Ironman.
But I`ve never been a super hard core player who knows every ins and outs of the game.
Very long time ago I found original UFO to be very easy.
And switched mostly to TftD since OpenXcom made playing that game a much more reliable experience.
However, some design decisions of TftD always made experience significantly less enjoyable.
I`m of course talking about two staged terror and base mission.

Well i played TFTD myself in the past, but the two stage terror missions and the two stage base missions, were a turn off for me.
I really disliked several of the design decisions in TFTD also.
Once i discovered OpenXcom, i started modding and Hardmode Expansion was being born in 2014 (if i recall correctly).
It basically is my own imagination of UFO Defense, different but still totally in the sense of gameplay vanilla mechanics.

I think that original Xcom almost nailed pacing part of the game from very beginning.
And right now I see Hardmode as a perfect combination of two games.
Much more transparent and easy to follow pacing, and a real challenge difficulty wise. 

In my opinion the original Xcom could have needed some more time with playtesters, to iron out some stuff.
ResearchTree and Economy mainly, this was one of the main reasons for this mod.

I`m having my first play through (watched some let`s plays of the mod that sold me on the idea. Thank you Loonsloon), I just transitioned to May. Got my first live alien and working on dataslate.
Here is some feedback and questions based om my limited experience:

Ohh wait until you get to the later months and nasty enemies will show up.
I advice to keep distance from red colored Mutons :)

1)   New research tree is amazing. Really like the idea of alloy rounds to make transition to Lasers much longer and rewarding.

Thank you, you will need a lot alive ranked aliens to get to higher tech. Hope you do not mind. ;)

2)   However, I find new shotguns to be slightly over tuned compared to other weapons. And super over tuned compared to Rifles.
For example, first though on new Grenade Launcher was – “OP as hell”.
But very soon, I understood that terrain made them very balanced. Plenty of obstacles.
I presume a deliberate design of some new UFOs that provide addition cover.
Let alone almost zero use in closed environments like bases.
Shotguns on the other hand, seem to have zero down sides. First of all, Shotgun snap shot is mathematically over five times better over rifle.
They both have same TU cost of 25%. Same accuracy of 60% but rifle shoots only one round and shotgun shoots five of them.
In comparison, Rifle auto shot is just a joke. Three shots with lower accuracy and higher TU cost.
And on top of that, add higher damage of individual round of a shotgun. 46 against 40.
I feel like rifles need a boost in accuracy and TU cost to be justified.
And no, I don`t think that higher values for aimed shot compensate. Snipers are better and we always have second support trooper for CQB.
Besides, you only need two snipers at most. Maybe two grenade launchers (if terrain allows it), rest is just shotguns.

The grenade launcher and the modified small launcher are especially powerful, when the terrain is good.
And they are nearly totaly useless indoors, due to the arking shot.

Shotguns, yes go down the road of overestimation of them and it will be your downfall.
Shotguns only have a effective Range of 20 tiles, of course you can forcefire but in my eyes it not really worth.
Id rather take some Aimed Rifle Shot or Snaps shots, when the enemy is more then 16 tiles away.
If find the random bullet spread on distance with shotguns just to dangerous for my own units.
I occasionally use Scatter Lasers to clear obstacles in midrange, but Shotguns class weapons are designed for a fighting distance of 1 - 16 tiles distance.
For high hit point enemies consider distance 1 - 8 tiles to deliver massive damage, play shotgunners similar then in NuCom (Thats the idea, with Advanced Movement Methods, you can run and strafe!).
Also Conventional Shotguns with Alloy Rounds are a pretty safe way to kill Chrysalids up close, they can oneshot them (Crit!!).
Cyberdiscs can also be killed with them, but Alloy AP Heavy Canon can do that better from distance.

Rifles (and of course Sniper Rifles) deal safely with long distance low HP units, Shotguns deal safely with short distance high HP units.
And there are some really nasty high HP units. Please let me know of your first encounter with Muton Berserkers ;)
I enjoy listening to the pain they provide to player units.

3)   Are melee weapons just fun service? For now, I see zero use for them. Maybe later versions will change my mind.   

Melee weapons are designed to deliver massive damage in CQC, all melee weapons apply the units strength towards the damage.
A soldier with 70 strength and a plasma sword can deal 0 - 340 damage. If attacking from behind he will not trigger reactionfire.
I may change the usage TU of melee weapons in the future, currently its a fixed 20 TU per usage, i think percentage wise would be better.

4)   In my play through if found remarkably few UFOs. It`s may. I saw only 24. Most of them are very small that often outrun my Interceptors.
And significant chunk had been large sectiod ships.
I have three radar bases in regions that game claimed to have alien activity.
But after construction, two of my bases had zero contact. I know of the second base. But it`s a sectiod base.
Basically invulnerable at this point. Found third one after region had signed a pact with aliens and luckily it was mixed Floater/Sectoid base.
In normal game this good for you. But here, where main income is missions, that is a significant problem.
I feel like things will start to fall apart by the end of the month.
What`s even stranger, is that I watch Loonsloon`s play through, and he had been doing better than me in terms of dealing with aliens, and yet, he sees plenty of UFOs.

Get more Rader bases and check your graphs for activity. You can also stack large radars on bases.
It also depends on how many UFO's you shot down, i avoid shooting down UFO's and try to catch them when being landed. (No retaliation)
Usually 3 is enough on one base to nearly detect any UFO which comes in range. You get more discovery checks.
If you know were a alien base is, make sure you build a base of your own nearby, place a combat team there and milk supply ships for money.

5)   Psi…. Oh boy, where to begin with that. This part of the game had always been most broken and frustrating.
Second month – full Sectoid base.  Zero chances of successful assault.
Also, that makes all large UFOs I find near that base pure Sectoids. Making them a low chance gamble for an Ironman play through.
Perhaps, we could tune game logic a little bit. So that pure Sectiod crews appear a little further down the road?
Or, I`d make Sectoid Psi abilities slightly weaker. Like increase TUs to make them use it slightly less often.
That will give us a proper fighting chance and we could meet Ethereals prepared.

A hint:
Get some Personal Armor or Power Suits, once you have Pistols with Alloy Ammo and normal HE grenades are all you need to handle full sectoids supply ships.
Bring a big team, a few guys will go nuts, but they can't hurt themselves or others. Its the perfect opportunity to capture a sectoid leader for psionics.

6)   On top of that, I`d make our solders unable to use attacking Psi abilities. And made Psi-Amp in to a purely defensive mechanism. Not impenetrable shield. But additional protection for Psi attacks. 

You can't MC Ethereals anymore. What i was thinking is making Psi-Amps use up stamina with each attack.
Your soldiers will be basically safe from PSI attacks with Psi Str 80+, when being close up to Ethereals you want Psi Str 90+.
In Harmode Expansion v1.0 lategame enemies will be more resistant to Mind Control, especially over long distance.
Your Psi Soldier will have to move up, to reliably control enemies. At least thats my idea, with this change.

7)   Some minor terrain issues. Particularly I had some very frustrating jungle/pyramid layouts that made large UFO site frustrating as hell. Very narrow paths.
Extreme amount of vegetation.  And more importantly, when I tried to clear path, most of the vegetation turned out to be immune do explosives and incendiary damage.

Noted, I have to recheck the pyramid and the some of the jungle terrain destructability.

But again. Thank you very much for this mode. It was super fun. Hoping it will improve over time and more people will hear about it.

Thank you for your feedback. I hope you enjoy playing the mod.

Offline Vojevoda

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #876 on: February 13, 2023, 08:34:42 pm »
In my opinion the original Xcom could have needed some more time with playtesters, to iron out some stuff.
ResearchTree and Economy mainly, this was one of the main reasons for this mod.

Original Xcom went through development hell. And was released way before they could call a finished product. Fortunately, it was a grate foundation for modding (since OpenXcom appeared).  It`s amazing that 30 years after the release, driven individuals can shape it be a game of their dreams. Maybe we will get to the point you get to release this as a finished product to the market ;)

Ohh wait until you get to the later months and nasty enemies will show up.
I advice to keep distance from red colored Mutons :)

Yeap. Mutons arrived a little before I could finish laser research. It was four or five painful missions. Too many had to sacrifice their lives to buy Earth some more time.

Thank you, you will need a lot alive ranked aliens to get to higher tech. Hope you do not mind. ;)

Not only I do not mind, I fully endorse this long and complex research tree.

The grenade launcher and the modified small launcher are especially powerful, when the terrain is good.
And they are nearly totaly useless indoors, due to the arking shot.

May I ask, why Elerium Rockets cost so much money to produce? 10k for a single shot seem to much. Especially considering that we are making them using other materials. Three Elerium-115 is 7,5k. Making a single shot cost 17.5k. I love rocket launcher, but in this economy, using Elerium rockets seems like luxury.

Also, have you considered  adding alloy version of rocket launcher? A slightly lighter, and slightly more accurate. Maybe making switching rockets requiter fewer TUs, so that we could make expensive shots on targets that really worth it? Just a thought.

Shotguns, yes go down the road of overestimation of them and it will be your downfall.
Shotguns only have a effective Range of 20 tiles, of course you can forcefire but in my eyes it not really worth.
Id rather take some Aimed Rifle Shot or Snaps shots, when the enemy is more then 16 tiles away.
If find the random bullet spread on distance with shotguns just to dangerous for my own units.
I occasionally use Scatter Lasers to clear obstacles in midrange, but Shotguns class weapons are designed for a fighting distance of 1 - 16 tiles distance.
For high hit point enemies consider distance 1 - 8 tiles to deliver massive damage, play shotgunners similar then in NuCom (Thats the idea, with Advanced Movement Methods, you can run and strafe!).
Also Conventional Shotguns with Alloy Rounds are a pretty safe way to kill Chrysalids up close, they can oneshot them (Crit!!).
Cyberdiscs can also be killed with them, but Alloy AP Heavy Canon can do that better from distance.

So far(lasers mostly), I still can`t find a good use for rifles. Even though I want to. 16 to 20 tiles range is enough in most cases. Especially when we are talking some tougher aliens, those rifles just don`t do much. Auto shot is too inaccurate. Heavy Laser does it better(better accuracy and more shots) and end even has better snap shot(75% acc vs 65%). Let alone it deal more damage.  And for everything at distances further than 16-20 tiles, we have a Sniper. With sniper I can make two or three high hit chance shots. And each individual sniper shot, deals 60% more damage.
Maybe a double shot snap would make it a better alternative?

Rifles (and of course Sniper Rifles) deal safely with long distance low HP units, Shotguns deal safely with short distance high HP units.
And there are some really nasty high HP units. Please let me know of your first encounter with Muton Berserkers ;)
I enjoy listening to the pain they provide to player units.

First Berserkers were fun(and still are). Encountered my first one on night terror mission. Laser shotguns what got me through. I`m very positive, had I had fever shotguns and more rifles on that mission, I would`t make it through.

Melee weapons are designed to deliver massive damage in CQC, all melee weapons apply the units strength towards the damage.
A soldier with 70 strength and a plasma sword can deal 0 - 340 damage. If attacking from behind he will not trigger reactionfire.
I may change the usage TU of melee weapons in the future, currently its a fixed 20 TU per usage, i think percentage wise would be better.

Will sure try them out when I get to research plasma ones, and find a way to maintain squad not full of rookies.

Get more Rader bases and check your graphs for activity. You can also stack large radars on bases.
It also depends on how many UFO's you shot down, i avoid shooting down UFO's and try to catch them when being landed. (No retaliation)
Usually 3 is enough on one base to nearly detect any UFO which comes in range. You get more discovery checks.
If you know were a alien base is, make sure you build a base of your own nearby, place a combat team there and milk supply ships for money.

Money is a very big problem. Can`t afford to stack radars so easily. But after playing a little more, UFOs become more frequent. Will see how things evolve. 

A hint:
Get some Personal Armor or Power Suits, once you have Pistols with Alloy Ammo and normal HE grenades are all you need to handle full sectoids supply ships.
Bring a big team, a few guys will go nuts, but they can't hurt themselves or others. Its the perfect opportunity to capture a sectoid leader for psionics.

Even personal armour is rather far down the research tree. Let alone Power. Dealing with large Sectoid ship is fine. Pain in the ass but fine. Since it has only one Leader. But very large ones or bases early game is too much it seems.

You can't MC Ethereals anymore. What i was thinking is making Psi-Amps use up stamina with each attack.
Your soldiers will be basically safe from PSI attacks with Psi Str 80+, when being close up to Ethereals you want Psi Str 90+.
In Harmode Expansion v1.0 lategame enemies will be more resistant to Mind Control, especially over long distance.
Your Psi Soldier will have to move up, to reliably control enemies. At least thats my idea, with this change.

That is a grate idea. Looking forward to 1.0 release.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #877 on: February 15, 2023, 06:39:12 pm »
Original Xcom went through development hell. And was released way before they could call a finished product. Fortunately, it was a grate foundation for modding (since OpenXcom appeared).  It`s amazing that 30 years after the release, driven individuals can shape it be a game of their dreams. Maybe we will get to the point you get to release this as a finished product to the market ;)

I will NEVER ever release any of my modded stuff commercially! (Some stuff has licences which forbid that!)
I do this work for fun, for all people to enjoy and my intention is and always was to stay non commercial!!

Yeap. Mutons arrived a little before I could finish laser research. It was four or five painful missions. Too many had to sacrifice their lives to buy Earth some more time.

Hehe, great I hope they will be remembered!

Not only I do not mind, I fully endorse this long and complex research tree.

Good!

May I ask, why Elerium Rockets cost so much money to produce? 10k for a single shot seem to much. Especially considering that we are making them using other materials. Three Elerium-115 is 7,5k. Making a single shot cost 17.5k. I love rocket launcher, but in this economy, using Elerium rockets seems like luxury.

Yes they are expensive for a reason! Get more Engineers, to produce i usually put 24 of them on one base end let them endlessly produce Elerium Rockets.
Terrain destruction with them is just so fucking Powerful. :-P

Also, have you considered  adding alloy version of rocket launcher? A slightly lighter, and slightly more accurate. Maybe making switching rockets requiter fewer TUs, so that we could make expensive shots on targets that really worth it? Just a thought.

Rocket Launcher is good as it is. Unloading and relaoding is 15 TU flat. DOS Behaviour. So no, i see no benifits for a Alloy Version of this weapon or any other Weapon already in the Mod.
Alien Alloy Ammo basically upgrades your firepower with conventional Earth weapons.
Your next Evolution stack is Lasers, remember that.

So far(lasers mostly), I still can`t find a good use for rifles. Even though I want to. 16 to 20 tiles range is enough in most cases. Especially when we are talking some tougher aliens, those rifles just don`t do much. Auto shot is too inaccurate. Heavy Laser does it better(better accuracy and more shots) and end even has better snap shot(75% acc vs 65%). Let alone it deal more damage.  And for everything at distances further than 16-20 tiles, we have a Sniper. With sniper I can make two or three high hit chance shots. And each individual sniper shot, deals 60% more damage.
Maybe a double shot snap would make it a better alternative?

Laser Rifles are a good training weapons for rookies. Kneel, Aimed Shot Twice over the Map. Repeat his 6 zurn and you get max EXP for the soldier, if all shot hit.
If i have 4 new guys in a 16 man team, i actually do like that they can't kill stronger aliens right out, so they EXP with every hit/kill.
If you use UFO Extender Accuracy you will see its usage.

First Berserkers were fun(and still are). Encountered my first one on night terror mission. Laser shotguns what got me through. I`m very positive, had I had fever shotguns and more rifles on that mission, I would`t make it through.
Will sure try them out when I get to research plasma ones, and find a way to maintain squad not full of rookies.
Money is a very big problem. Can`t afford to stack radars so easily. But after playing a little more, UFOs become more frequent. Will see how things evolve. 
Even personal armour is rather far down the research tree. Let alone Power. Dealing with large Sectoid ship is fine. Pain in the ass but fine. Since it has only one Leader. But very large ones or bases early game is too much it seems.

Have you considered to let engineers produce Motion Scanner or Laser Canons for sale?
Engineer will nearly be cost neutral if you let them produce Motion Scanners for sale for the entire time.
The will run a certain profit once you start producing Laser Canons to finance yourself.

You have three income sources: Funding Nations, Selling Alien Loot, Producing and Selling Items (Motion Scanners and Laser Canons)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #878 on: April 11, 2023, 09:31:19 pm »
Hellrazor: I recall you saying once that the mod is only designed to be played on Superhuman. If you want to "enforce" Superhuman difficulty, you can add the following into your ruleset:
Code: [Select]
difficultyDemigod: true
difficultyCoefficient: [4, 4, 4, 4, 4]
aimAndArmorMultipliers: [1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0, 1.0]
This is assuming your mod is using vanilla difficulty values at present.
difficultyDemigod makes it so that any aliens that haven't spawned when the map runs out of spawn points will spawn onto the map anyway, possibly all piled up at one spot. This happens on Superhuman anyway, but with this setting it will happen on all difficulties.

Added. Right now, late i know :)
« Last Edit: April 11, 2023, 10:22:40 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #879 on: May 04, 2023, 08:47:55 pm »
Hardmode Expansion 0.99.9.2 - Fix for Terrormissions not spawning correctly

Download Link: Hardmode Expansion 0.99.9.2 - Fix for Terrormissions not spawning correctly

Critical Fix for Terrorsites not spawning correctly on globetextures

So you all can enjoy the variety of Terror Mission Terrains once more ;)

Please use newest Nightly, or at least Nightly Version: openxcom_git_master_2022_04_29_0633
Please use newest OXCE Version, or at least OCXE Version: OXCE 7.5.3

Documentation:
Current ToDo List
Credit List
Changelog

Changelog:

Critical Fix for Terrorsites not spawning correctly on globetextures

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #880 on: August 06, 2023, 09:09:09 pm »
Hardmode Expansion 0.99.9.3 - First fully OXCE Tuned Release - Balancing and Bugfixes - Alien Base Operations

Download Link: Hardmode Expansion 0.99.9.3 - First fully OXCE Tuned Release - Balancing and Bugfixes - Alien Base Operations

"Oh, Lord source, savier of my grace, forgive me my wrong doings on myself and others. I shall serve you until I fully see your light, which holds the truth about love, wisdom and kindness. So that I may be enlightened, to enlighten others for myself and for your name." - Hellrazor

This first fully OXCE Tuned Release, from Hardmode Expansion NO more support for good OXC, unfortunately.
Enjoy the new mechanics, more in future ;)

I got hammered with five snakeman terrorsites within three ingame days, I probably only got unlucky, too many bases on globe ;)

The Research has seen a little overhaul mainly to balance, advanced tanks now need live alien captures to researchable. Research Tree Graphic got some good Overhaul.

Modfile also attached towards this post: Hardmode Expansion v0.99.9.3

Please use newest OXCE Version, or at least OCXE Version: OXCE 7.9.8

Documentation:
Current ToDo List
Credit List
Changelog

Changelog:

Version 0.99.9.3
 - Research tree Overwork so everything fits better
 - Fix Bug for Mod not loading on OXCE 7.7.x+
 - Fix Plasma Blade not being available in lategame to player
 - Fix Mars Terrain Height (4 -> 8)
 - Fix globe texture asignment, which prevented Terrorsites from spawning properly
 - Fix missing Adv. Medikit Dependency
 - Fix PLasma Pistol/Rifle Clip sell prices
 - Fix Walkertank/Laser upgrade pricing
 - Rebalance lategame enemy PSI DEF
 - Rebalance X-Com early armors and damage modifiers
 - Rebalance Damage Modifiers for Tanks/Alloy Drones
 - Rebalance Psi Amps to use Stamina additionally to Time Units for Psi Panic and Mind Control
 - Adjust Raceweights for more Snakemen
 - Adjust Terror Occurance and Scoring
 - Adjust Spitter Zombies to be more dangerous
 - Adjust Avenger Soldier spawn to match THUNDER
 - Adjust Meleeweapons, more attacks possible
 - Adjust Alien Alloy Ammo for konventional Pistols, Rifles and Shotguns
 - Adjust Alloy Drones Research being available after Data Slate
 - Adjust Taser Pistol Clip sizes
 - Add Alien Proxy Grenade (Alien Grenade conversion for X-Com)
 - Add more randomness to Alien Mission starts
 - Add Alien Base execute Missions (Terror, Harvest, Abduction, Base), No Scouts
 - Add more Upgrade Options to X-Com Tanks
 - Add Upgrade Option for Medikts
 - Add Smoke Launcher to all Tanks (free ammo)
 - Add Walkertank/Laser (Sectopod converted)
 - Add Split Alloy Drone/Medikit -> Alloy Drone/Adv. Medikit
 - Add Elerium Powered Stun Rod
 - Add Taser Pistol Elerium Clip
 - Add additional construction cost for X-Com base modules, which require Alien tech research
 - Add more recommendedUserOptions for inital Startup
 - Add Superhuman as default and only Difficulty
 - Add Forcing of Vanilla (OXC) Soldier experience gaining
 - Refactor Drone Smoke (ammo is free now)
 - Disable Bug Hunt mode (Non vanilla behaviour)
 - Disable LINERSHIP Terrain until Map allows for Craftspawn
« Last Edit: August 06, 2023, 09:13:06 pm by hellrazor »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #881 on: March 19, 2024, 02:10:39 pm »
I finally came around to finish the Support Hoverdrones.

I hope they will find very useful for players :)

See some Pictures Attached

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #882 on: March 19, 2024, 03:02:43 pm »
Hardmode Expansion 0.99.9.4 - Support Hoverdrones - Balancing and Bugfixes

Download Link: Hardmode Expansion 0.99.9.4 - Support Hoverdrones - Balancing and Bugfixes

"Oh, Lord source, savier of my grace, forgive me my wrong doings on myself and others. I shall serve you until I fully see your light, which holds the truth about love, wisdom and kindness. So that I may be enlightened, to enlighten others for myself and for your name." - Hellrazor

I finally added the Support Hoverdrones and also fixed some bugs, which where found in the meantime.
The main game core is now complete and balanced. There is one exceptio thou; I am still waiting for a OXCE feature to make the economy also balanced for lower diffculty settings.
Once this happens I can basically officially name this "Hardmode Expansion - UFO Long War" or something like this ;)
I will now focus on Terrain first an then Missions.
Further development of the mod will follow, since I am planning to add some stuff. See: Future Development Plan

The Research Tree has seen a significant overhaul mainly to balance, advanced tanks and drones now need live alien captures for being researchable.
See here: Research Tree Graphic

Modfile also attached towards this post: Hardmode Expansion v0.99.9.4

Please use newest OXCE Version, or at least OCXE Version: OXCE 7.9.8

Documentation:
Future Development Plan
Credit List
Changelog

Changelog:

Version 0.99.9.4
 - Fix Infiltration base prevention, if Battleship Attack successful
 - Fix Alloy Drone Taser Sprite Background
 - Fix Alloy Drone Scout Weapon Range
 - Fix Hovertank Smokeweapon Clipsize
 - Fix SellPrice for Alloy Cannon Craftweapon
 - Fix BuyPrice Drone Scout
 - Fix Infiltration UFO's attempting to land on water point sites
 - Fix Plasma Weapons needing both clips being researched for manufacture
 - Adjust UFO air/landed score
 - Adjust Enhanced Power Armor Bonuses
 - Add Taser Pistol Elerium Clip Animations
 - Add support Hoverdrones for X-Com
 - Add direct fire smoke acts as fire extinguisher (Smoke Grenades don't)
« Last Edit: March 20, 2024, 02:26:35 pm by hellrazor »