aliens

Author Topic: [TFTD] Possible AI Bug during Base Defense  (Read 2248 times)

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
[TFTD] Possible AI Bug during Base Defense
« on: September 19, 2016, 11:09:29 pm »
I been playing around with base defense strategies but I've come across the problem where when Lobstermen attack my bases they simply don't move unless it's back towards the access lift.

I've had normal base defenses against the other 3 races, but any time I attempt to do one against Lobstermen, something goes bonkers.  I even entered debug mode, moved the lobstermen out of the hangers to where they could see me, and only the ones actively looking at my soldiers moved forward - any of the ones looking away just moved back to their starting positions.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before I filed a bug report.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: [TFTD] Possible AI Bug during Base Defense
« Reply #1 on: September 20, 2016, 08:18:40 am »
I been playing around with base defense strategies but I've come across the problem where when Lobstermen attack my bases they simply don't move unless it's back towards the access lift.

I've had normal base defenses against the other 3 races, but any time I attempt to do one against Lobstermen, something goes bonkers.  I even entered debug mode, moved the lobstermen out of the hangers to where they could see me, and only the ones actively looking at my soldiers moved forward - any of the ones looking away just moved back to their starting positions.

I just wanted to see if anyone else had this problem before I filed a bug report.

They get active once you try to storm the subpens thou.
I  am wondering if the people designing the made a grave error, not allowing Disruptor Pulse Launcher to work everywere.