Author Topic: [Mega-Mod TFTD] My_TFTD_Mod v.1.02  (Read 32227 times)

niculinux

Re: [Mega-Mod TFTD] My_TFTD_Mod v.1.02
« Reply #15 on: October 08, 2016, 02:42:31 pm »
Well only thing missing is a nice youtube playthrough, since there are a few of TFTD with mods.....:)

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 10, 2016, 03:45:27 pm »
Thanks a lot for the (very welcome) feedback! And sorry for not replying earlier, my modding batteries are empty, need to recharge. :)

The TFTD part of OpenXCom is still not as stable and or moddable as the UfoDefense part, this lead to some problems when doing this mod:

1. Hair- and Face-coloring on custom armor does not work. If you REPLACE an existing armor, fine. Anything else will lead to always blonde/caucasian soldiers.  My solution: I added helmeted armor variants (or hidden/stealth)

2. The game CTD's after the defeat of the Sleeper if you edit the last mission in ANY way. My solution: I added a hidden followup mission, enabling the animation again. Bad Sideeffect: The endgame statistics screen is messed up and you need to Alt+F4 outof it.

About the look of the "Enforcer" armor: I am open for replacements.  :-)

hf!
« Last Edit: October 10, 2016, 03:47:23 pm by new_civilian »

Offline Yankes

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 10, 2016, 08:59:17 pm »
1. Hair- and Face-coloring on custom armor does not work. If you REPLACE an existing armor, fine. Anything else will lead to always blonde/caucasian soldiers.  My solution: I added helmeted armor variants (or hidden/stealth)
You need enable this like in normal armors
UFO: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/bin/standard/xcom1/armors.rul#L31
TFTD: https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/blob/master/bin/standard/xcom2/armors.rul#L77

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 11, 2016, 12:43:57 pm »
Back then when I made the armors (some month ago) I did that and it did not work. I haven't changed anything armor-wise later, so I can't test it atm. That and I have a bad case of the flu and my head feels like sugar-cotton  ;D ;D

Offline Greg956

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 13, 2016, 05:36:58 pm »
Why not to release it on OpenXcom mods site?)

Offline drages

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 15, 2017, 05:18:34 pm »
Hey! It's a nice big mod.. just i found some little mostly visual bugs.

- Orca and shark missiles fires like beams at air fight. Gauss too..

- The gauss weapons look weak. No auto fire for rifle and there is no different types of them like snipers..

I did not get any different weapon even i start to see very big ufos. I did not start to sonic weapon research line, but before that there is no other weapons rather then defaults. Maybe 1-2..

I did not see any human enemies too..

Am i too early for that kind of new things?

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 21, 2017, 06:13:55 pm »
Hey! It's a nice big mod.. just i found some little mostly visual bugs.

- Orca and shark missiles fires like beams at air fight. Gauss too..

- The gauss weapons look weak. No auto fire for rifle and there is no different types of them like snipers..

I did not get any different weapon even i start to see very big ufos. I did not start to sonic weapon research line, but before that there is no other weapons rather then defaults. Maybe 1-2..

I did not see any human enemies too..

Am i too early for that kind of new things?

Sorry for not being around, I no longer play/use OpenXcom. Or actually any computergames at all. Getting too old I guess.  ;)
Here answers to your questions, though.

The missiles use the beam mechanic to avoid the dreaded "last-missile-always-misses" bug.

The Gauss weapons (and all other weapons) were completely changed. Play the game for a while and you will see that they are not weak. It is not recommended to compare them 1:1 to their TFTD original counterparts, this is an entirely new game/mod. Think of it as a Conversion.

Also: There ar amximum range settings for different weapons, rifle = 40 making it snper-ish

There are only a few completely new weapons. Most of them are late-game.

Human enemies are VERY rare for a reason: They use the default human armour which makes them VERY difficult enemies on higher levels.

To sum it up: Forget your old TFTD tactics/weapons/tricks, this mod is a complete rebuild. It starts with e.g. the gas cannon being a arc-firing grenade launcher now and doesn:t stop there.

Offline davide

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 22, 2017, 08:58:05 pm »
... Getting too old I guess.  ;)

...caring guy here are a bunch of old people   :o ::)  8)

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 17, 2017, 09:54:19 pm »
Hmmm... Dart Stun ammo has the same sprites as ordinar ammo. Maybe I should change it for myself.

Offline Sheff

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: April 13, 2017, 10:01:33 pm »
Can anyone redownload the file to another host? The one in the head is down saying 'connection refused' or something like that.

Or any clue how to download it other way?
« Last Edit: April 13, 2017, 10:13:12 pm by Sheff »

Offline Dr.Crowley

• Colonel
  • Saving data in the name of the Emperor!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: April 15, 2017, 02:07:32 pm »
Damn, I deleted original archive a long ago. Here is zipped mod from my "mods" folder - I hope it will help:
Download me!

Offline FastForward

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: May 16, 2017, 07:56:59 am »
I got all my roockies annihilated on mission 1, day 1 by aquatoids with M.C.!
And these weakling aquatoids can kill an unarmored soldier with built-in melee. In 1 hit!

* I don't like the way you renamed the standard equipment. It's standard, I get used to the old names.
* I also don't like the new torpedo launcher, the original one looked more "real"
* The new soldiers type, bionic, veteran, psyke etc cost too much money for too little gain.
* Too much stunning equipment: capturing aliens is too easy from the start.
* The "roach" is overpowered, being small render it a difficult target and a perfect scout in the open and, after the field is clean, arm a couple of these little drones with stun rods and they can clean the interior of any USO in a few turns, it kill the game.

A little glitch: when doing ancient USO (the squared and organic type) I often recover "Sonic Blast Clip" (STR_BLASTA_SINGLE_CLIP), but there is no research topic for this object. Maybe you wanted this SINGLE_CLIP to be unrecoverable.

All the rest is perfect, hard but doable, no weapon cluttering and the sounds you choose are very nice.
I'm just at month 3 but I love this mod.
Thank you new_civilian

niculinux

« Reply #27 on: June 21, 2017, 02:58:30 pm »
Download here: https://s000.tinyupload.com/index.php?file_id=51264649009503422130
Screenshots here: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4157.0.html

As of now, download link is broken, while the screenshots one works. Pleas consider Mediafire or another service? In the meantime, we may use Dr. Crowley's dropbox :D

Thanks again, new civilian!

Offline new_civilian

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 02:13:42 pm »
I got all my roockies annihilated on mission 1, day 1 by aquatoids with M.C.!
And these weakling aquatoids can kill an unarmored soldier with built-in melee. In 1 hit!

* I don't like the way you renamed the standard equipment. It's standard, I get used to the old names.
* I also don't like the new torpedo launcher, the original one looked more "real"
* The new soldiers type, bionic, veteran, psyke etc cost too much money for too little gain.
* Too much stunning equipment: capturing aliens is too easy from the start.
* The "roach" is overpowered, being small render it a difficult target and a perfect scout in the open and, after the field is clean, arm a couple of these little drones with stun rods and they can clean the interior of any USO in a few turns, it kill the game.

A little glitch: when doing ancient USO (the squared and organic type) I often recover "Sonic Blast Clip" (STR_BLASTA_SINGLE_CLIP), but there is no research topic for this object. Maybe you wanted this SINGLE_CLIP to be unrecoverable.

All the rest is perfect, hard but doable, no weapon cluttering and the sounds you choose are very nice.
I'm just at month 3 but I love this mod.
Thank you new_civilian

Sorry for the lack of updates and answers, I retired as a a modder a year ago. But here my thoughts about your topics:

-I renamed the weapons as most have a different role/behaviour in my mod
-Everyone has a different taste, my main goal was to make everything more centered and in-theme unlike the original graphics (well, some)
-The gameplay of my mod was intended for small (8 to 10 people) forces, the prices are adjusted accordingly
-The roach is VERY fragile and it costs half of a standard grunt. That and they can not carry a lot, i felt that was fair enough...

Anyway, thanks for your posts and keep on playing!

Yours truly,
new_civilan
(retired modder)

p.s.: niculinux, if you want you can take over this mod, i give you full permission for everything moddish that comes from me.

Offline raziel_malakai1981

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 04, 2017, 04:50:13 pm »
broken download link :(