Author Topic: baseXResolution and baseYResolution: removed feature?  (Read 9507 times)

Offline JDarthenay

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: baseXResolution and baseYResolution: removed feature?
« Reply #15 on: April 10, 2016, 08:14:04 am »
Yes, that's exactly what I was doing in the past, with a 0.9 version of OpenXCom. Maybe I will try to see if we can replace the toggle "letterboxing" button by a dropbox with something such as "letterboxing: no", "letterboxing: black bands" and "letterboxing: extend". Would it be fine that way?

Offline Xtendo-com

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: April 10, 2016, 09:20:43 am »
"letterboxing" button by a dropbox with something such as "letterboxing: no", "letterboxing: black bands" and "letterboxing: extend". Would it be fine that way?
Is it possible to show hint from dropbox?
letterboxing: no. Hint: fit display resolution by losing proportions, but preserves the original resolution.
letterboxing: with black bands. Hint: may not fit display resolution but saves proportions a by using black bands and preserves the original resolution.
letterboxing: expand view. Hint: fit display resolution by slightly expanding original resolution if necessary. That saves a proportions but may not preserve the original resolution.
« Last Edit: April 10, 2016, 09:24:27 am by 404_user_not_found »

Offline JDarthenay

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 01, 2016, 08:19:31 pm »
It does not seem we can add hints for each item in a list. But it is possible to put a hint for the whole list. By the way per definition, letter boxing is always with with black bands, other options have to be named something else, such as stretching or extending...

Offline HueponiK

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: November 06, 2016, 10:57:39 am »
I feel your pain

I fixed that for myself once. But changes were rejected :(
https://github.com/SupSuper/OpenXcom/pull/908

Offline JDarthenay

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: November 06, 2016, 12:14:53 pm »
Thanks for this commit, someday I will try to apply it in my own build.