Author Topic: [LP]Hardmode Expansion - Glory or death! (Likely much of both)  (Read 116800 times)

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [LP]Hardmode Expansion - Glory or death! (Likely much of both)
« Reply #285 on: January 30, 2017, 09:32:15 am »
Next episode is up :

[LP]Hardmode Expansion [EP46] - Operation Smackdown - https://youtu.be/PymkNqsbEiI

Hope you all enjoy :-)

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #286 on: February 03, 2017, 03:01:03 am »
Next episode is up :-)

[LP]Hardmode Expansion [EP47] - Smash the greenies from distance! - https://youtu.be/_oBMjSTwylg

Online ohartenstein23

• Commander
  • Flamethrowers fry cyberdisk circuits
    • View Profile
« Reply #287 on: February 03, 2017, 04:48:01 pm »
Damnit Meridian, watch your fire with that rocket launcher!

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #288 on: February 03, 2017, 05:22:45 pm »
Damnit Meridian, watch your fire with that rocket launcher!

Not again : (

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #289 on: February 03, 2017, 09:59:58 pm »
Next episode is up :

[LP]Hardmode Expansion [EP48] - Supply Ships are easy right? - https://youtu.be/WAQGuweGGF4

Offline Wimples

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #290 on: February 05, 2017, 10:51:40 pm »
Ouch.

Do you need new soldiers? You can add me. If I get to choose, a shotgun would be nice.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #291 on: February 07, 2017, 10:33:15 am »
Dammit didn't had the time to watch the new episodes so far.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #292 on: February 07, 2017, 06:22:37 pm »
Btw Lion66six, did you get your occasional green Base visit already? =)

Offline Zyzyfer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #293 on: February 08, 2017, 11:15:43 am »
I just noticed I haven't seen any base defense missions in your LP. In fact I have been playing xcom for about 2 years & having the same issue in my games. Which is a bit annoying since I have my bases set up for base defense. Do they actually work in openxcom!?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #294 on: February 08, 2017, 04:02:59 pm »
I just noticed I haven't seen any base defense missions in your LP. In fact I have been playing xcom for about 2 years & having the same issue in my games. Which is a bit annoying since I have my bases set up for base defense. Do they actually work in openxcom!?

The with Base Attack missions from the Aliens is, they need to find your base first.
Once they do, they will send in a crew to attack you, usually the crew of a battleship.
So yes they do work.

Offline Zyzyfer

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #295 on: February 09, 2017, 08:37:34 am »
The with Base Attack missions from the Aliens is, they need to find your base first.
Once they do, they will send in a crew to attack you, usually the crew of a battleship.
So yes they do work.
Yeah I think it was like that in vanilla. With that said, I seem to remember having multiple base defense missions playing vanilla xcom even during a single campaign. Yet after multiple campaigns roughly 2 years of play since i discovered openxcom not a single base defense mission- and I am playing on the highest difficulty. 
Could be just dumb luck, hopefully not a bug with openxcom. Albeit there is the 'aggressive retaliation' option, might try it during next campaign & see what it does.

Offline Wimples

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #296 on: February 09, 2017, 02:29:18 pm »
It's probably dumb luck. I had one particularly nasty campaign where the Sectoids wanted to capture all of Asia and Europe in a year (4 infiltrations/bases in 8 months). I had loads of base attacks during that time. I pretty much fought nothing but Sectoids for 8 months. Lots of them. It was ugly.

I've also gone 12 months without a single one in other campaigns.

What aggressive retaliation does is randomly sends the aliens searching different places for your base. They may not get your main, but I've had several unfinished bases destroyed. One particular mission I had a general store with 4 laser HWPS vs a reptoid army in the lift next door. Hangars hadn't even finished. It forces you to change the way you build bases.

Offline Kjotleik

• Colonel
  • I am Kjotleik
    • View Profile
« Reply #297 on: February 09, 2017, 06:06:42 pm »
...Yet after multiple campaigns roughly 2 years of play since i discovered openxcom not a single base defense mission- and I am playing on the highest difficulty. 
Could be just dumb luck, hopefully not a bug with openxcom.

My experience is the opposite: Shoot down UFOs in January, get Base Defence in February.
I don't remember getting one in January, so I don't know if that is even possible. But first week of February? Sure. Been there, done that, lost game... who can defend against Sectoids with mind-control in February?    >:( ;D   

Oh, I forgot about Meridian. He can defend against Sectoids with mind-control on January 1st...

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #298 on: February 11, 2017, 12:48:01 am »
Ouch.

Do you need new soldiers? You can add me. If I get to choose, a shotgun would be nice.

Yep no worries. I have already recorded a few more episodes, so it might be a while before you join the active ranks of my soldiers.

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #299 on: February 11, 2017, 12:50:34 am »
No base visit yet, which is nice.

I have seen some UFO's doing what appears to be a search of my base, but so far they haven't found it or attacked it. I say they were doing a search, but as I don't have a HyperWave Decoder, they could have just been out for a slow sunday afternoon drive.

I don't know if it makes much difference but I don't actively attack UFO's and shoot them down, infact in my LP I haven't shot down a single UFO. I let them land naturally and take them from there. Perhaps my tactics are reducing the chance of retaliation.