aliens

Author Topic: [LP]Hardmode Expansion - Glory or death! (Likely much of both)  (Read 116792 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: [LP]Hardmode Expansion - Glory or death! (Likely much of both)
« Reply #17 on: September 14, 2016, 12:54:51 am »
So first video is done and up, first UFO handled easily. Was part way through the second episode when my lady returned home and asked me why I was talking to my PC. oops.

Here is the playlist link.

https://www.youtube.com/playlist?list=PLmj_0cucHyuIdR8oIad69xxvONIgslxKs

Comments welcome. Next video in the next few days.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #18 on: September 14, 2016, 03:20:26 am »
Of to a good ride i hope :)

Btw do not underestimante the Tank/Canon early on! It is very versatile especially in the first two months.
You have a free one in the base as standard equipment.

EDIT: I added the grey smoke explosion towards the scout drone mod, so it goes more inline with the rest of the animation and you have consistency, just use the version attached here.

EDIT2: I also recommend too take a look at the "Alternate Movement Methods" which allows running and strafing, i do not play without it. Scatter Lasers and Power Suits offer you "Run & Gun" with alternate Movement Methods ^^
« Last Edit: September 14, 2016, 07:11:53 am by hellrazor »

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: September 14, 2016, 12:53:28 pm »
Of to a good ride i hope :)

Btw do not underestimante the Tank/Canon early on! It is very versatile especially in the first two months.
You have a free one in the base as standard equipment.

EDIT: I added the grey smoke explosion towards the scout drone mod, so it goes more inline with the rest of the animation and you have consistency, just use the version attached here.

EDIT2: I also recommend too take a look at the "Alternate Movement Methods" which allows running and strafing, i do not play without it. Scatter Lasers and Power Suits offer you "Run & Gun" with alternate Movement Methods ^^

Thats some wise words, thanks mate. I will likely take a look at both :-) Managed to leave the scout outside of the smoke in the next episode and it got one shotted so maybe Tank/Cannon needs to come out and play :-)

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #20 on: September 14, 2016, 01:42:24 pm »
Thats some wise words, thanks mate. I will likely take a look at both :-) Managed to leave the scout outside of the smoke in the next episode and it got one shotted so maybe Tank/Cannon needs to come out and play :-)

Tank/Cannon is basically a Heavy Cannon with Autofire option and explosive Ammo, later there is also a Alien Alloy Version of it. Its totally ok vs Muton but doesn't have a good chance vs armored Targets like Cyberdiscs. If you research HWP Repair and you recover the complete Tank corpse from the mission it was destroyed on you can repair the tank for 50% of initial costs. Als works for Armor, once you researched the appropriate topic.

Getting the Scout Drone one shotted is unfortunate, especially early on. But better the drone then a soldier.
Your Skyranger can hold up to 3 drones. they do have 45 front armor and 90 HP, so Plasma Pistols and Rifles can be mostly survived easily. The main strong point of the drone is the small hitbox I gave it.

Possible loadouts for the Skyranger:
14 Soldiers
12 Soldiers, 2 Drones
10 Soldiers, 1 Tank
8 Soldiers, 1 Tank, 2 Drones
6 Soldiers, 2 Tanks
5 Soldiers, 2 Tanks, 1 Drone

Just experiment :)

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #21 on: September 14, 2016, 05:28:44 pm »
Just finished the first episode.  Very nicely done on your First LP!  Congrats, Sir! 

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: September 14, 2016, 05:34:22 pm »
Just finished the first episode.  Very nicely done on your First LP!  Congrats, Sir!

Thanks mate. Episode 2 is part way through so hoping to finish it this weekend and see what happens. I think i was a bit nervous at the start for some reason, accidentally calling the game "Openxbox" hahaha. Perhaps people didn't notice that :-) and its superhuman not superman difficulty :-)

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: September 14, 2016, 06:41:22 pm »
Getting the Scout Drone one shotted is unfortunate, especially early on. But better the drone then a soldier.
Your Skyranger can hold up to 3 drones. they do have 45 front armor and 90 HP, so Plasma Pistols and Rifles can be mostly survived easily. The main strong point of the drone is the small hitbox I gave it.

Aye it met a floater with a heavy plasma, thats what ended it ... :|

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: September 15, 2016, 10:55:51 am »
Hey All,

Episode two is now up. Clicky here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RjKMjNCH2s

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #25 on: September 15, 2016, 01:01:37 pm »
Hey All,

Episode two is now up. Clicky here:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3RjKMjNCH2s

Can't wait to watch, still 8h until i am home...

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #26 on: September 15, 2016, 10:51:12 pm »
Thanks Lion66six, I just enjoyed your encounter with the Medium Scout in the Urban Terrain.

One word of advise, dudes with Grenadelaunchers can stay back and eliminate enemies.
Do not be to hesitate to debark with all guys, if necessary spread out and apply more smoke, once the landing zones is enemy free.

EDIT: I do not have Google+ Profile so I can not comment on youtube, sorry for that.

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: September 16, 2016, 03:58:20 pm »
Thanks Lion66six, I just enjoyed your encounter with the Medium Scout in the Urban Terrain.

One word of advise, dudes with Grenadelaunchers can stay back and eliminate enemies.
Do not be to hesitate to debark with all guys, if necessary spread out and apply more smoke, once the landing zones is enemy free.

EDIT: I do not have Google+ Profile so I can not comment on youtube, sorry for that.

Don't worry about Google+ and comments on the youtube video, its all good. Thanks for the suggestions, will take that onboard :-) I think there is a fine balance between an action packed and interesting LP, and a long boring drawn out one full of tactical moves etc. I'm hoping to get the balance right :-)

Offline Lion66six

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2016, 12:03:25 am »
The next episode is up:

"Point Rocket Launcher the correct way"

Link : https://youtu.be/yiq-utpcFms

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #29 on: September 17, 2016, 01:45:38 am »
The next episode is up:

"Point Rocket Launcher the correct way"

Link : https://youtu.be/yiq-utpcFms

The fence is ownage. You should have used Hobbes with the Grenade launcher.

EDIT: Do not bother trying to capture alive aliens for now. Before you can do that you have to attack a alien base and kill all enemies inside and there a lot.

EDIT2: Stock up scientists... my recommedation is 100 so you can research Lasers and advanced equipment before nastier aliens show up.
« Last Edit: September 17, 2016, 01:52:59 am by hellrazor »