Author Topic: Wands and Scaling  (Read 8543 times)

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: Wands and Scaling
« Reply #15 on: August 10, 2016, 05:49:10 am »
I find the Ghost Outfit working very good against Tank units. 2 Ghost-Dagger Hits usually take them down.
Is this intended? :)
I play 99.A

Yes, because it deals armour ignoring plasma damage, as opposed to the Wand of Rending's cutting (that it is extremely resistant to).

Offline legionof1

• Commander
  • Bullets go that way. Money comes this way.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 16, 2016, 05:40:18 pm »
Fyi plasma type dosen't  inherently ignore armor. Plasma type only does additional armor shred. The ghostdagger itself in this case is what causes the armor penetrating not it's type.

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 16, 2016, 07:25:14 pm »
Fyi plasma type dosen't  inherently ignore armor. Plasma type only does additional armor shred. The ghostdagger itself in this case is what causes the armor penetrating not it's type.

That's not what I meant, though I can see how my statement might be interpreted that way; I was essentially saying that the dagger itself deals plasma damage which ignores armour, not that ignoring armour is an inherent quality of plasma based damage.

Offline Krugelix

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: August 18, 2016, 12:01:01 am »
Thanks for the clarification. I already tried Plasma Weapons on the tanks and it didnt work. Now i know why, thanks!

Offline Surrealistik

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2016, 10:08:45 pm »
Gave mind control a second chance since it saps morale, energy etc... it's not a win button, the effectiveness falloff has been increased (I think) and besides, Jack Sparrow guys have higher VD strength; fair and balanced right?

...Just like Fox News.

Used it on a downed Church Cruiser. The outcome was the great Chryssalid massacre of 2602 (or whatever year it is) whereupon every non-enslaveable crew member was brutally eviscerated by their own pets (at absolutely no risk to any of my Gals) who then proceeded to tear themselves apart for my amusement because it's easier that way.
« Last Edit: August 27, 2016, 10:10:30 pm by Surrealistik »