Author Topic: Resources data base or portal ?  (Read 2992 times)

Offline bladum

• Colonel
  • Bladum
    • View Profile
Resources data base or portal ?
« on: September 15, 2016, 05:07:50 pm »
Hello,

I would like to ask about idea to create resources portal / resources category on mod portal / any other way to share resources to mods ?

1) What is the difference between resource and mod ?

* Resource is single image file, single text file (ruleset), single sound. They are grouped in bunch of files of the same type without any further connection between them. Group of images for laser weapons, group of sounds that could be used for lasers, group of background that could be used for laser weapons etc... In other way we can call it mod that contains only one type of data.

* Mods are pack of images, ruleset and sounds to provide some functionality. This works great on the mod portal so far.

2) Why such approach ? What problem it resolved ?

By exchanging resources between mods we lose time to integrate same resources to our needs. This would help to remove this element and help people on creating resources, which may be then used on mods without need to heavy integration

What do you think ?
Tom
« Last Edit: September 15, 2016, 05:09:35 pm by bladum »

niculinux

Re: Resources data base or portal ?
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2016, 05:47:39 pm »
I made somewhat of an "effort"  here. But havin a resource dedicated section  may be fine, as for those on the forum the situation is quite messy :, (

Offline bladum

• Colonel
  • Bladum
    • View Profile
Re: Resources data base or portal ?
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2016, 05:51:55 pm »
That is great, but i was thinking about not forum rather some dedicated tool for that.

Even google drive with folder would do the job. In publish document you can drop resources in specific folder and search them and everyone could change them.