Author Topic: Accuracy of autoshot  (Read 4363 times)

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
Accuracy of autoshot
« on: August 28, 2016, 06:40:41 am »
I wonder how calculate accuracy of autoshot - for each shot or for all shots?

For example, the weapon has autoshot  with 40% accuracy (3 bullets). It means that each shot has 40% accuracy or each shot has 40/3=13.3% accuracy?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
Re: Accuracy of autoshot
« Reply #1 on: August 28, 2016, 06:50:28 am »
Each shot is calculated independently.  Each shot of the 40% autoshot has 40% chance to hit what it was aimed at, etc.

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
« Reply #2 on: August 28, 2016, 06:56:17 am »
Thank you, I guessed it is like that but I wanted to check first.

And, how will shot a weapon that does not have a snap shot and does not have an aimed shot during alien's turn?

Code: [Select]

- type: STR_AUTO_WEAPON
    accuracyAuto: 40
    accuracySnap: 0
    accuracyAimed: 0
    tuAuto: 40
    tuSnap: 0
    tuAimed: 0
« Last Edit: August 28, 2016, 06:59:50 am by CanadianBeaver »

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3 on: August 28, 2016, 07:53:37 am »
An autoshot-only weapon, cannot reaction fire.  So during an enemy's turn there is no reaction fire from this soldier.  They may change their facing as part of a reaction check to look at the enemy, but they won't fire.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2016, 12:52:20 pm »
An autoshot-only weapon, cannot reaction fire.  So during an enemy's turn there is no reaction fire from this soldier.  They may change their facing as part of a reaction check to look at the enemy, but they won't fire.

They indeed may not been able to fire the weapon, because of the missing snap shot, but if they get a reaction check successfully, the still will get exp for it and increase reactions i think. Because they could have fired.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2016, 04:25:48 pm »
They do. Same goes, when the weapon is melee and the opponent is not near or if the soldier has to turn to fire, but then has lack of 1 TU to fire or there's an obstacle in the LOF. The reaction roll gets a win, counting as reaction, but the firing never happens. That's possible.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2016, 05:27:35 pm »
They do. Same goes, when the weapon is melee and the opponent is not near or if the soldier has to turn to fire, but then has lack of 1 TU to fire or there's an obstacle in the LOF. The reaction roll gets a win, counting as reaction, but the firing never happens. That's possible.

You know in the DOS version the reaction check were actually broken. They were done one after another. Which leads to some strange things.

Offline 7Saturn

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 04, 2016, 06:07:56 pm »
I never played the DOS version. I started with the collectors edition. =) But it was always rather funny, when the soldier turned to its supposed victim but didn't do anything, as there was an obstacle, or he just turned short of 1 TU to fire. But I only learned here, that this meant a successful reaction roll and thus counts as one for the increase of reaction skill. I always assumed, that a non successful try to react wasn't counted. But there's a certain logic behind that counting it anyways.