aliens

Author Topic: How to mod the files so infamy never goes negative?  (Read 4390 times)

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
How to mod the files so infamy never goes negative?
« on: August 25, 2016, 08:25:28 pm »
Generally all I do is skip missions to do research faster in IRL time. I was wondering what I should change so I don't have to do missions every other month.

I'm thinking I can modify the values for how much infamy I lose if change the mission rewards for aliens right?

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: How to mod the files so infamy never goes negative?
« Reply #1 on: August 25, 2016, 09:34:47 pm »
What's with this "how do I cheat to make the game easier" trend recently? If you pay attention to how you outfit your gals, you should be able to breeze through missions by the time they get redundant. And before that, you're supposed to enjoy the progression from tribal weakling to decent fighter to badass incarnation of murder. If you skip that, what's the point of the mod?

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2 on: August 25, 2016, 09:48:38 pm »
What's with this "how do I cheat to make the game easier" trend recently? If you pay attention to how you outfit your gals, you should be able to breeze through missions by the time they get redundant. And before that, you're supposed to enjoy the progression from tribal weakling to decent fighter to badass incarnation of murder. If you skip that, what's the point of the mod?

+
Thumbs up.
Nods.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 25, 2016, 09:56:12 pm »
I can do the missions easily, the thing is I find it to be a chore at some point to go to the pogroms, or to shoot down 10 ships that sway govts even when I do have the ships. The resources for missiles have to be gathered from laserz or guass, really far end game after all the research is basically done you can just buy laser parts, but I just wanna ignore the world to research faster.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 25, 2016, 10:01:11 pm »
There is research to stop pogroms, sway government (the ones that make you lose sponsors) and civilian traffic missions. That's already a lot of reducing the "chore". Then you're left with either missions that you can safely ignore or missions that are potentially valuable. The removal of terror and infiltrations equivalents from late game is quite nice, if only to make the game's dependence on the RNG (or crazy amounts of money) easier to bear.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 25, 2016, 11:41:57 pm »
There is research to stop pogroms, sway government (the ones that make you lose sponsors) and civilian traffic missions. That's already a lot of reducing the "chore". Then you're left with either missions that you can safely ignore or missions that are potentially valuable. The removal of terror and infiltrations equivalents from late game is quite nice, if only to make the game's dependence on the RNG (or crazy amounts of money) easier to bear.
True, I'd still wanna know for sure how to change the files, since my newest game isn't late, and I feel a bit forced to do something or else gg. Still even late game if I sit around and do nothing the score would still go down.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2016, 05:27:35 am »
Games are about, you know, doing something. And in late game, doing 2 missions every month isn't that much of a chore... you don't need to do even that, just shoot some enemies down, and with Rebel Trading researched, you get +1000 points each month for just sitting on your ass.