Author Topic: [FULL MOD] Awesome Guns (an awesome modification of the OpenXcom game)  (Read 109586 times)

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
I briefly checked the latest changes and it should be compatible with current version of OpenXcom:

https://github.com/CanadianBeaver/AwesomeGuns/releases/tag/2.0-alpha

Offline JohnBurr

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: [FULL MOD] Awesome Guns (an awesome modification of the OpenXcom game)
« Reply #136 on: July 09, 2021, 12:55:09 am »
I just got into OpenXcom - and am trying this shiny new mod.

OpenXcom works perfectly fine as it is - but when I try to load up this mod, it crashes. Any idea what I am doing wrong?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #137 on: July 09, 2021, 10:24:58 pm »
shiny new mod.

Any idea what I am doing wrong?
Yes, it's not a shiny new mod.

I heard there were some changes recently, I'm not sure how it functions at the moment, but for most of its history, AwesomeGuns was designed to work with OpenXcom version 1.0, an archaic version which uses an incompatible file structure. You might not be able to play it with modern OpenXcom.
Possible solutions:
 A.) Check the installation instructions on the main post here or on the AwesomeGuns website for additional info and to make sure you're doing everything right.
 B.) Try playing it with OpenXcom version 1.0. Keep in mind you won't be able to use very many modern mods with this version, however there are plenty of 1.0 mods in the Old Mod Portal Archive. Keep in mind there may be a bit of a learning curve getting used to version 1.0, but once you get used to it, it's no more difficult than modern OpenXcom.
 C.) If all else fails, run an older version of AwesomeGuns with OpenXcom version 1.0. I know it worked before.

Hopefully CanadianBeaver or someone else can provide additional info as my knowledge in this area is limited.

P.S.: One benefit to playing it on 1.0 is that it gives access to several old abandoned mods which can't be used with modern OpenXcom.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2021, 10:30:36 pm by The Reaver of Darkness »

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
« Reply #138 on: July 12, 2021, 06:31:12 pm »
Awesome Guns works with latest OpenXcom versions (@Warboy1982 implemented fixes)

How I see, the problem is in Armored Vest Corpse definition. Somebody knows if recently this configuration settings has been changed in OpenXcom game?

Offline The Reaver of Darkness

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #139 on: July 14, 2021, 10:35:35 am »
Armored Vest Corpse definition. Somebody knows if recently this configuration settings has been changed in OpenXcom game?
Yes. OXCE recently had an update requiring all corpses to have their items correctly defined where previously they were allowed to be incorrect if the corpses weren't used outside of the battlescape. This broke a lot of mods, but is fairly easy to fix. It was version 7.1 IIRC; I think things should still work if you run OXCE version 7.0.

Offline ashtroboy79

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #140 on: July 21, 2021, 02:15:41 am »
Does this mean that if i have the most upto date version of oxce I cant play this mod?

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #141 on: February 02, 2022, 12:27:45 pm »
Does this mean that if i have the most upto date version of oxce I cant play this mod?

You can apply this patch:

Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_ARMORED_VEST_CORPSE
    battleType: 11
  - type: STR_HEAVY_CORPSE_ARMOR
  - type: STR_LIGHT_CORPSE_SUIT
  - type: STR_LIGHT_CORPSE_ARMOR
  - type: STR_LIGHT_VEST_CORPSE
  - type: STR_POWER_CORPSE_SUIT

Also attached a zip to this post packaged as a mod.

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
« Reply #142 on: November 29, 2022, 06:01:27 am »
You can apply this patch:

Code: [Select]
items:
  - type: STR_ARMORED_VEST_CORPSE
  - type: STR_HEAVY_CORPSE_ARMOR
  - type: STR_LIGHT_CORPSE_SUIT
  - type: STR_LIGHT_CORPSE_ARMOR
  - type: STR_LIGHT_VEST_CORPSE
  - type: STR_POWER_CORPSE_SUIT

Also attached a zip to this post packaged as a mod.

Added `battleType: 11` to these suits: https://github.com/CanadianBeaver/AwesomeGuns/compare/2.0...master

It would be great if somebody can check the currently AwesomeGuns mod on latest OpenXcom: https://github.com/CanadianBeaver/AwesomeGuns/releases/tag/2.0
« Last Edit: November 29, 2022, 06:03:27 am by CanadianBeaver »

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #143 on: November 29, 2022, 06:21:49 am »
When running with Awesome Guns enabled, OXCE 7.8 gives quite a few warnings in the log.

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
« Reply #144 on: November 29, 2022, 06:43:45 am »
So it works with warnings or it does not work? Unfortunately, I completely forgot how to deal with modification in OpenXcom. If somebody knows how to fix the issue, please let me know what I should fix or you, probably, can create a pull request on github.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #145 on: November 29, 2022, 07:17:18 am »
So it works with warnings or it does not work?
In my options.cfg file I had the ignoring of most mod errors enabled (oxceModValidationLevel: 1). This allows mods with errors to run, but does not protect against crashes during the game.

Now put the standard level of verification mods (oxceModValidationLevel: 2) and OXCE with Awesome Guns on refused to start.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly how OXCE works and what needs to be done to fix the mods.

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
« Reply #146 on: December 02, 2022, 09:04:05 pm »
In my options.cfg file I had the ignoring of most mod errors enabled (oxceModValidationLevel: 1). This allows mods with errors to run, but does not protect against crashes during the game.

Now put the standard level of verification mods (oxceModValidationLevel: 2) and OXCE with Awesome Guns on refused to start.

Unfortunately I don't know exactly how OXCE works and what needs to be done to fix the mods.

Can you try please on OpenXcom if it works, not OXCE, thank you.

Offline yergnoor

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #147 on: December 02, 2022, 09:23:29 pm »
Unfortunately, the usual OpenXcom has not been ported to Android for many years. I don't use a computer to play the game.

Offline CanadianBeaver

• Colonel
    • View Profile
    • AwesomeGuns
I have recently changed the domain name on my github pages. If you have added AwwsomeGuns website to your favorites please update it.

Just for your information, the AwesomeGuns url is permanent and does not related to the domain:
http://canadianbeaver.github.io/AwesomeGuns/

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile

With the patch in this post: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,4823.msg143737.html#msg143737
it starts fine for me.

Can you upload the log file after it refuses to start for you?