aliens

Author Topic: I hate Cyberdiscs on Exp., Vet. Genius and Superhuman at all  (Read 3360 times)

Offline REDACTED_KUN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
I hate Cyberdiscs on Exp., Vet. Genius and Superhuman at all
« on: August 08, 2016, 12:18:38 am »
While i was playing Final Mod Pack on Experienced instead of Beginner. I was on a night terror mission fighting a band of Sectoids with Cyberdiscs (Since they are no Drones in OXC that can repair robotic units).

I was using Flamethrowers and Shotguns on the first terror mission. CDs keeps obliterating my troops and my best sniper in battle.

I'm going to do is do a list of things that a soldiers can kill a Cyberdisc.

Weapons i recommend for killing Cyberdiscs:
1: Miniguns and Mini-cannons. (Best for shredding some armor)
2: High explosive ammunition for Pistols, Machine Pistols, Rifles (I called them ARs), Shotguns, Miniguns, Sniper Rifles, Machine Guns and other conventional weapons. (I'd liked to have Gauss Weapons with HE, I, Shredder and other ammunition. But Solarius Scorch says no)
3: Anti-Armor, Anti-Tank and Anti-Air ammo. (It can be overkill)
4: Chainsaws? (It can possibly break the muzzle)
5: MEC Suits? (I think i can say yes to MEC suits)
6: More will be soon.
Weapons i don't recommend for killing Cyberdiscs:
1: Rocket Launchers. (I don't always use rocket launchers more often)
2: Armor Piercing Ammo. (I'm okay with that)
3: Knives and Fists. (It can make your fists bleed for punching it)
4: Tanks maybe? (Their weapons are kinda powerful than others)

I'm gonna always play on Experienced instead of Beginner because Beginner is the most boring difficulty for everyone to play.

I can still give up on Terror missions. But i depends on what thingsi have to do.

I'll make a wishlist of some things that i liked or to do or what i want.

I recommend Sectoids to have brute-like Sectoid terror units instead of Cyberdiscs.
-------------------------------------------------------
IMAGE:
*At Cyberdisc* You E.Ts are so effing dead.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2016, 12:22:26 am by IseijinBoueiSenben97 »

Offline Starving Poet

• Colonel
    • View Profile
Re: I hate Cyberdiscs on Exp., Vet. Genius and Superhuman at all
« Reply #1 on: August 08, 2016, 03:42:05 am »
Fire - the lowly autocannon can kill a cyberdisc on superhuman in one volley if you're lucky.  Two, guaranteed, if you get bad damage rolls.

In FML I used the flamethrower all the way to end because of how effective it was at taking down cyberdiscs - it's almost a guaranteed kill.

Offline REDACTED_KUN

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2016, 04:15:37 am »
Fire - the lowly autocannon can kill a cyberdisc on superhuman in one volley if you're lucky.  Two, guaranteed, if you get bad damage rolls.

In FML I used the flamethrower all the way to end because of how effective it was at taking down cyberdiscs - it's almost a guaranteed kill.
Yeah. I sometimes or always get bad damage rolls on those things like that.
A Cyberdisc is very hard to kill in Experienced, Veteran, Genius and Superhuman (But not in Beginner) where you're using a weapon like an auto cannon and a flamethrower.
I'd just wanted to use flamethrowers on non-robotic units like Sectoids, Floaters, etc.

But burning down a Cyberdisc with that thing ain't gonna solve a problem if you don't kill it.

That's how this hard way of beating a cyberdisc works if i don't use something that can easily kill it.

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #3 on: August 08, 2016, 03:19:12 pm »
Against Cyberdisc use Rocket Launcher + Large Rocket.

Even with Superhuman Armor stats you still have a 30% instant kill chance on them.
So on "experienced" you should be able to safely kill them.

A Tank/Rocket Launcher might also proof useful in this regard.