Author Topic: MULTIPLE RESEARCH FROM ONE LIVE ALIEN CAPTURE  (Read 3259 times)

Offline SIMON BAILIE

• Commander
    • View Profile
MULTIPLE RESEARCH FROM ONE LIVE ALIEN CAPTURE
« on: August 05, 2016, 05:19:37 am »
I know this has been reported before but I thought to report it again as it's happening with a Tasoth Medic that I captured in my current TFTD game with Illamasqua's TFTD rework v1.3e. I have only ever captured one such alien but have been able to research it and get reports at least 6 times and it's still in my alien containment. I have filed a bug report, hopefully nobody else has.

ps Do all mods have to have "item destroyed" after research is done even for live aliens as I've the option that the body will be added to stores after research activated? Or is this related to the get "one free" part of the research?

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: MULTIPLE RESEARCH FROM ONE LIVE ALIEN CAPTURE
« Reply #1 on: August 05, 2016, 01:36:57 pm »
I know this has been reported before but I thought to report it again as it's happening with a Tasoth Medic that I captured in my current TFTD game with Illamasqua's TFTD rework v1.3e. I have only ever captured one such alien but have been able to research it and get reports at least 6 times and it's still in my alien containment. I have filed a bug report, hopefully nobody else has.

ps Do all mods have to have "item destroyed" after research is done even for live aliens as I've the option that the body will be added to stores after research activated? Or is this related to the get "one free" part of the research?

This is related to the mod, not OXC (but it results from a recent change in the nightlies). Illamasqua needs to add 'destroyItem:true' to the research entries of every live alien. Before the change in the nightlies this was hardcoded, but now the modder can decide whether the item is destroyed or not.

Code: [Select]
  - name: STR_FLOATER_MEDIC
    cost: 192
    lookup: STR_FLOATER
    needItem: true
    destroyItem: true

Bodies added to the stores after research is a separate option

Offline Orz

• Colonel
  • (aka Illamasqua)
    • View Profile
Re: MULTIPLE RESEARCH FROM ONE LIVE ALIEN CAPTURE