aliens

Author Topic: Starting base location  (Read 11277 times)

Offline Premier

• Sergeant
    • View Profile
Re: Starting base location
« Reply #15 on: August 02, 2016, 08:08:54 pm »
The reason Airbus is shitty beacuse it is supposed shitty. It has a "GET A BETTER CRAFT" painted all over it.

Fair enough, I'm not complaining about that. But I do think the "GET A BETTER CRAFT" sign is already big and bright enough without this one thing.

If it was all skill-dependant, you could be giving 0 fucks about upgrading, since you could compensate everything with skill. Also, come on, what 'skill' are we talking about... thats elementary stuff, not skill.

Come on, I'm not talking about skill as in "can you jiggle the joystick fast enough". Skill as in "do you know when to open your second base, where to place it, and how much resources to allocate to having a second ship". And elementary stuff or not, my specific point is that this early on you just don't get to make these choices. Late-early or early-middle game, sure; but I'm not talking about that. I'm talking about "you get two missions this month and you can't reach half of them".

If you hate it this much, it's good you ragequitted. Because it doesn't get any less frustrating later on.

I don't think that's true. I played considerably farther in a previous version, and that wasn't really frustrating at all. Well, maybe a little.

Also more mission spawns specifically within close range, not randomly all over the globe. These are needed.

Well, I thought it might be that way based on earlier subjective experience; but consider the timing from my perspective: Old version has a decent and manageable spread of ground missions. New version comes out. First mission of campaign is placed out of reach. First mission of a different campaign is placed out of reach, again. At this point, from the limited information I as a player have, maybe something got messed up in the coding of mission placement - I have no way of knowing otherwise.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2016, 10:39:56 pm by Premier »

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #16 on: August 03, 2016, 02:00:59 am »
Which old version? 0.99? The mission placement algorithm hasn't changed a bit :) You just got a good run previously, and a 'bad' run now. It's all. I will try to better it somewhat by 1.0 (by adding all these new missions), but... I can't guarantee no frustration, because I do worship the Gods of Random.

Offline BetaSpectre

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 03, 2016, 05:39:00 am »
IMO as long as you don't lose the game due to not being able to reach a mission it shouldn't be an issue. I never really had an issue with the bus, went to interceptor, then skyranger after that, then thunderhorse. Never used the packy(ever lol went from bonnie to nightmare/thunderhorse in the old times), some runs I used the pigeon.

The thing is that I was never really forced to do anything, I would skip most encounters and just research stuff.

niculinux

« Reply #18 on: August 03, 2016, 10:23:45 pm »
As for my experience, also centrsl/south europe (even italy) idva good choice. Plus, you'd gotvsome northern africa coverage  :)