Author Topic: Launch Jets together in groups.  (Read 3529 times)

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
Launch Jets together in groups.
« on: August 03, 2013, 10:10:12 am »
I was watching a Xenonauts play-through just now. They're able to group jets together so they can both enter UFO Interception at the same time. I was wondering if it's possible for you guys to add more Jet interface screens so you could have more Jet fighters attacking a UFO at the same time? This would be really sweet...

Thanks. I couldn't find a thread talking about this. If you did, just link it for me.

Offline moriarty

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • Luke's OX mod site
Re: Launch Jets together in groups.
« Reply #1 on: August 03, 2013, 10:58:47 am »
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=UFO_Interception

Quote from: UFOpaedia
Multiple ships (up to 4), can join the battle by way of minimising the controls while in stand-off and waiting for extra friendlies to arrive on the scene. This can be key if you only have regular Interceptors when a Terror Ship or Battleship turns up.

...it was possible in the original, and it is possible in openxcom. you can't "group" the jets or launch them simultaneously, but you can let a second (third, fourth) interceptor catch up and join the fight.

Offline 54x

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2013, 01:54:12 pm »
https://www.ufopaedia.org/index.php?title=UFO_Interception

...it was possible in the original, and it is possible in openxcom. you can't "group" the jets or launch them simultaneously, but you can let a second (third, fourth) interceptor catch up and join the fight.

Presumably we could at the least allow you to launch multiple craft at the same time at a single target, at the very least- would need some interface work, but it's certainly doable.

Offline Mr. Quiet

• Commander
    • View Profile
    • =Open_X_Com= Mods
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2013, 06:49:59 am »
I see ;). Would be neat to see someday.

Thanks Moriarty. I'll be using that method until we get the fleet of jets mod :)