Author Topic: Modding questions - How do you change an attack name? *RESOLVED  (Read 2668 times)

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
1) Most weapons just say "aimed shot" or "snap shot", but the blaster launcher for example will say "Launch Missile" when you go to use it. I see where STR_LAUNCH_MISSILE is defined as "Launch Missile" in the language files, but where do you set the blaster launcher's attack to be STR_LAUNCH_MISSILE?

2) Any idea if/where the ruleset listOrder is defined for Terror From The Deep? It is here for UFO, but can't find TFTD.

Thanks.
« Last Edit: May 29, 2016, 04:53:13 pm by Countdown »

Offline yrizoud

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: Modding questions - How do you change an attack name?
« Reply #1 on: May 28, 2016, 10:08:53 pm »
1) The presence of field "waypoints:" (or "waypoint:" in older version) indicates that this is a launching weapon.

2) I don't think there's an online list, OpenXcom automatically computes listOrder by starting at 100 and incrementing by 100 each time.

Offline Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 28, 2016, 10:15:45 pm »
1) Most weapons just say "aimed shot" or "snap shot", but the blaster launcher for example will say "Launch Missile" when you go to use it. I see where STR_LAUNCH_MISSILE is defined as "Launch Missile" in the language files, but where do you set the blaster launcher's attack to be STR_LAUNCH_MISSILE?

If the weapon (or its ammo) uses waypoints, it will say Launch instead of Aim/Snap/Auto.

2) Any idea if/where the ruleset listOrder is defined for Terror From The Deep? It is here for UFO, but can't find TFTD.

I don't know if it is written anywhere, but it is the same order as in the ruleset itself.
First item in the ruleset has listOrder 100, second 200, third 300, 24th 2400 and so on...

Offline Countdown

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 29, 2016, 04:48:21 am »
Thanks for the info guys. Yeah I was using a no-way point blaster launcher so "waypoints: 0" in the ruleset and I guess that's why it wasn't saying "launch". But waypoints: 1 is the same thing as waypoints:0 so I can just switch to that. It's not an important difference, but I was curious how to affect the change.