Author Topic: Bugs already taken or not?  (Read 4845 times)

Offline JDarthenay

• Captain
    • View Profile
Bugs already taken or not?
« on: May 04, 2016, 10:01:28 pm »
Hello,

How can we know which bug in bug-tracker is already being solved by Warboy or Supsuper?

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
Re: Bugs already taken or not?
« Reply #1 on: May 04, 2016, 10:05:41 pm »
Hello,

How can we know which bug in bug-tracker is already being solved by Warboy or Supsuper?

When its status is set to RESOLVED.
Or any status which is applicable.

Offline JDarthenay

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 04, 2016, 10:48:24 pm »
There is no state such as "currently being processed by XX"?

Offline Warboy1982

• Administrator
  • Commander
  • Developer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 05, 2016, 05:40:19 am »
there is, we just don't make extensive use of it.
more often than not, it's a simple fix that takes 5 minutes, and we can tell who's responsibility it is just by looking at it.
the rest of the time, supsuper and i will discuss things.

Offline JDarthenay

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 07, 2016, 09:36:17 am »
I see you solved the bug I was thinking of before I could finish to setup a save game to test it...

Well, now I have another question about the way of working with OpenXcom's team:
I have found a minor bug and I am currently investigating it, should I create a bug report in bug tracker or should I only solve it and send a pull request?

Offline SupSuper

• Lazy Developer
  • Administrator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2016, 02:32:12 am »
I see you solved the bug I was thinking of before I could finish to setup a save game to test it...

Well, now I have another question about the way of working with OpenXcom's team:
I have found a minor bug and I am currently investigating it, should I create a bug report in bug tracker or should I only solve it and send a pull request?
If you can solve it by all means do so, but don't keep it to yourself if you can't. :P Plus what classifies as a "bug" is always very debatable around here...

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 12, 2016, 12:19:34 am »
Plus what classifies as a "bug" is always very debatable around here...

Some people still consider opposable thumbs a bad idea. Or moving down from the trees to live in the savannah. Or even leaving the oceans to come live on land.

Some even consider the Big Bang the king of all bugs - the universe was supposed to be perfect but... this is what we got

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #7 on: May 12, 2016, 12:27:05 am »
Some people still consider opposable thumbs a bad idea. Or moving down from the trees to live in the savannah. Or even leaving the oceans to come live on land.

Some even consider the Big Bang the king of all bugs - the universe was supposed to be perfect but... this is what we got

The universe says that 42 and 23 are most important. Even thou they might by buggy especially if you think about the fact that 23 is a primenumber.