Author Topic: Downed enemies leaving unconcious state after healing ?  (Read 6058 times)

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
  • Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant.
    • View Profile
Downed enemies leaving unconcious state after healing ?
« on: May 12, 2016, 10:23:57 pm »
Sometimes when i heal up a wounded, unconcious enemy, he will stand up immediatly after being healed even though the healing action only restores health, no stun damage. How is that happening ?
Also, sometimes as well random enemies just wake up without me taking any action at all. Is there some kind of RNG involved in becoming unconcious / concious ?

mod: Piratez

thanks

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
Re: Downed enemies leaving unconcious state after healing ?
« Reply #1 on: May 12, 2016, 10:42:34 pm »
No RNG involved. A unit is stunned when the amount of stun damage it sustained is greater than the amount of health it currently has (not maximum health, current health).

When you heal an enemy (or a soldier), you heal fatal wounds and usually give some amount of actual health as well. If the amount of stun damage was very close to the current health, increasing the health so it is now greater than stun means the unconscious unit will wake up. For this reason, in Piratez, it is better to heal stunned enemy with Vodka, which heals fatal wounds but does not restore any health, therefore doesn't help the enemy wake up. For soldiers, it is obviously better to restore as much health as possible, since that reduces the amount of time they will be unable to go on a mission.

Stun damage tends to drop over time, more so for some enemies than others in Piratez, which eventually will bring it under the amount of current health and they will wake up.

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #2 on: May 12, 2016, 10:53:21 pm »
Stun damage tends to drop over time, more so for some enemies than others in Piratez, which eventually will bring it under the amount of current health and they will wake up.

In addition to all the Arthanor mentioned, if I heal an enemy with vodka, I often drop a smoke grenade on them to, to prevent their natural "stun recovery."  This works on many, but not all adversaries (i.e. those immune to smoke, etc).  That way I don't have to baby sit them or haul them to a prisoner collection point.

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
  • Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 12, 2016, 11:48:35 pm »
Well, in that case i shall use Bandages instead of Small Medkit charges on those Marsec Bodyguards now.
Thanks for the explanation.

Offline Arthanor

• Commander
  • XCom Armoury Quartermaster
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 12, 2016, 11:59:57 pm »
I'm pretty sure that both bandages and and small medkits heal very similar amount. As I said before, vodka is the best because it removes fatal wounds without givign health back.

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2016, 03:25:41 pm »
In addition to all the Arthanor mentioned, if I heal an enemy with vodka, I often drop a smoke grenade on them to, to prevent their natural "stun recovery."  This works on many, but not all adversaries (i.e. those immune to smoke, etc).  That way I don't have to baby sit them or haul them to a prisoner collection point.

Similar here. I still do that drop a primed grenade on an unconscious chryissalid. Cant stand chyrissies

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2016, 04:40:06 pm »
Similar here. I still do that drop a primed grenade on an unconscious chryissalid. Cant stand chyrissies

Have you ever considered killing the Chyssies by picking them up?  If you have a knife in the other and, you will have an option to execute any stunned enemies you pickup.  Its one of the first features that Meridian coded when he started the OXCE+ line of executables.
« Last Edit: May 16, 2016, 05:51:37 pm by ivandogovich »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2016, 05:49:29 pm »
Have you ever considered killing the Chyssies by picking them up?  If you have a knife in the other and, you will have an option to execute an stunned enemies you pickup.  Its one of the first features that Meridian coded when he started the OXCE+ line of executables.

Just to clarify, the relevant option must be enabled.

Offline Dioxine

• Commander
  • punk not dead
    • View Profile
    • Nocturnal Productions
« Reply #8 on: May 16, 2016, 06:32:20 pm »
you will have an option to execute any stunned enemies you pickup.

If you're into murdering POWs, that is :)

Online Meridian

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 16, 2016, 09:05:54 pm »

I've just had a mission with chryssalids... it seems like they wake up with 0 TUs in piratez... at least it didn't eat me three times in a row.
So they are not as dangerous as in vanilla (when stunned).

Offline Cristao

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 17, 2016, 10:27:24 am »
Have you ever considered killing the Chyssies by picking them up?  If you have a knife in the other and, you will have an option to execute any stunned enemies you pickup.  Its one of the first features that Meridian coded when he started the OXCE+ line of executables.

Is that how it works? I had tried standing over them and looking for the option to execute but couldnt find it. I maintained my primed grenade method because I couldnt execute them.

Offline karadoc

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 17, 2016, 11:43:40 am »
Also, if you pick up the enemy with one hand while holding rope in the other, you can tie them up - which adds a large amount of stun damage but uses up the rope.

...  Actually I just made that up. You can't use rope to do that.

More seriously, the strategy I use on long missions is to carry all my stunned enemies to a central location where I can easily check on them and re-stun if necessary.