aliens

Author Topic: Creating a new UFO layout ?  (Read 2638 times)

Offline AncientSion

• Colonel
  • Ave Caesar, morituri te salutant.
    • View Profile
Creating a new UFO layout ?
« on: May 10, 2016, 12:13:54 am »
Im looking for information, step-by-step on how to create a new LAYOUT for an existing ship.
I.e. anything in regards to altering or creation a ufo (if necesarry derived from an existing ufo) would be helpful.
If there is such a topic or information already posted, kindly leave the link, please.

thanks ina dvance

Offline Hobbes

• Commander
  • Infiltration subroutine in progress
    • View Profile
Re: Creating a new UFO layout ?
« Reply #1 on: May 10, 2016, 01:46:56 am »
First of all, you need to get MapView, which allows to edit the game's maps, including the UFOs.

Once you install it (better use a separate copy of the vanilla game), just have a look at the vanilla UFOs, that will give you some ideas about what to do next.
« Last Edit: May 10, 2016, 01:49:35 am by Hobbes »

Offline hellrazor

• Commander
  • Deep Ruleset Digger & Bughunter
    • View Profile
    • Github Account
« Reply #2 on: May 11, 2016, 06:46:49 pm »
Here a description for Route Nodes i made a while back when explaining some stuff towards another Mapview new guy:
click

We really should make a description with screenshots and such on how to add maps, create new ones and resize them, also add new terrain files etc..

Offline ivandogovich

• Commander
  • X-Com Afficionado
    • View Profile
    • Ivan Dogovich Youtube
« Reply #3 on: May 11, 2016, 06:49:10 pm »
Here a description for Route Nodes i made a while back when explaining some stuff towards another Mapview new guy:
click

We really should make a description with screenshots and such on how to add maps, create new ones and resize them, also add new terrain files etc..

If you guys set something up like that on the forum, I'd be willing to port it up to the wiki if necessary.