Author Topic: Re: The X-Com Files - 3.2: The Colors of Sin  (Read 1949405 times)

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
    • Nocturmal Productions modding studio website
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9 alpha: Fists of Fury
« Reply #1875 on: June 13, 2018, 09:49:00 pm »
Torklan, I don't know exactly what is wrong with your save. But the error log you posted contains references to researches that certainly does not exist in X-Com Files, like STR_SYNTHETIC_MUSCLES, STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_AA_CLIP etc. (though they existed at some point in the past). So I'm sure your install is broken somehow.

EDIT: No, you were right :D The Power Suit sprite was broken for hybrids. Sorry!
(Still no idea about these researches, though)
« Last Edit: June 13, 2018, 09:52:14 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline mayford

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9 alpha: Fists of Fury
« Reply #1876 on: June 14, 2018, 09:48:12 am »
Why is an instant grenade explosion blocked?
It was very convenient. All weapons act instantly, except grenades. Uncomfortable.
I understand that it was in the original, but ...

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9 alpha: Fists of Fury
« Reply #1877 on: June 14, 2018, 11:03:13 am »
Why is an instant grenade explosion blocked?
It was very convenient. All weapons act instantly, except grenades. Uncomfortable.
I understand that it was in the original, but ...

Because as you said, it was too comfortable. In all instances of X-Com mods, instant grenades practically invalidate other weapons and allow for way too much precision. A grenade is not a bullet and it shouldn't pretend to be one.

Offline leekall

• Squaddie
    • View Profile
« Reply #1878 on: June 14, 2018, 11:14:50 am »
Torklan, I don't know exactly what is wrong with your save. But the error log you posted contains references to researches that certainly does not exist in X-Com Files, like STR_SYNTHETIC_MUSCLES, STR_SNIPER_RIFLE_AA_CLIP etc. (though they existed at some point in the past). So I'm sure your install is broken somehow.

EDIT: No, you were right :D The Power Suit sprite was broken for hybrids. Sorry!
(Still no idea about these researches, though)
ok thank for your help I will try to restart the game over to is if that will fix it. the hybrids I'll just wait for a patch before using them.

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1879 on: June 14, 2018, 11:41:48 am »
ok thank for your help I will try to restart the game over to is if that will fix it. the hybrids I'll just wait for a patch before using them.

For now you can simply not give the Power Suit to hybrids. Again, really sorry about that... Big updates like adding a new soldier type tend to have elusive bugs like this one.
I will release an update soon, I just want to finish the Zombie arc.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1880 on: June 14, 2018, 08:22:52 pm »
I just tested a mission with a white coat (asylum).  ???
That's awesome! Music... monsters...
Bravo !  8)
But my God, these monsters are indestructible!  :D
There must be a trick to neutralizing them!  ;)

Offline Niewiem

• Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #1881 on: June 14, 2018, 08:45:18 pm »
I think electric dmg works quite well. I would guess that fire will also work well

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1882 on: June 14, 2018, 10:43:08 pm »
Version 0.9.1 has been released!

- New units: Giant Rat, Bullfrog, Reptoid Shadow, The Pharaoh.
- New item: Skull Staff.
- New UFO: Light Fighter.
- New tank armor: Medical Drone.
- Finished Zombie arc.
- Reviewed and expanded melee hit sounds.
- Ultra Chryssalid is faster.
- Fixed armor destruction by miniguns.
- Plasma weapons set things on fire and cause more wounds.
- PSG-1 has slightly faster snap shot.
- Tanks can now be taken to Dimension X (all) and sewers (small only).
- Removed Railyard from potential terrains for "Arrest the Suspects" missions (due to pathing problems on such a small map).
- Fixed Hybrid Power Suit crashing the game in battlescape.
- Fixed colours on Cyberweb arc outro.
- Minor fixes.

Offline BlackStaff

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1883 on: June 15, 2018, 01:13:43 am »
I think electric dmg works quite well. I would guess that fire will also work well
Electric yes... fire... bof !
The ideal is to have many Hybrid Agents armed with tazer and electric baton!  ;)   ;D
Not to forget the "coup de grĂ¢ce" because these monsters sometimes wake up!  8)

Thanks for new version !

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.1 alpha: The Shadow Pharaoh
« Reply #1884 on: June 16, 2018, 01:09:40 pm »
Plasma sets things on fire, creates smoke, makes 1997 UFO missions so much easier!

Offline HT

• Colonel
    • View Profile
« Reply #1885 on: June 16, 2018, 02:41:10 pm »
Version 0.9.1 has been released!

-- Finished Zombie arc.
- Fixed Hybrid Power Suit crashing the game in battlescape.

Finally, at long last! I gave it a quick spin and there's little data about the "final boss" of the arc besides the outro.
Spoiler:
In fact, it's a bit disappointing the unit itself compared with the other super-undead, although the large army the dude has compensates somewhat. I expected it to be surprised by a "metro-sexual" undead like the matriarchs, not an ugly dude with a
cape. I still got a different kind of surprise, so to speak.  Nevertheless, I'll continue the campaign at some point.

As for the Hybrid Power Suits, do these include the armored power loaders? The "ultimate" yellowish armor I mean.
« Last Edit: June 16, 2018, 04:31:58 pm by Solarius Scorch »

Offline Solarius Scorch

• Global Moderator
  • Commander
  • WE MUST DISSENT
    • View Profile
« Reply #1886 on: June 16, 2018, 04:33:52 pm »
I allowed myself to put a spoiler tag in your post on something that is the motherfucking arc finale. :P

And I think you haven't yet realized everything about that unit... ;)

As for the Hybrid Power Suits, do these include the armored power loaders? The "ultimate" yellowish armor I mean.

Sure - they can use all the armours humans can.

Offline mrbiasha

• Captain
    • View Profile
Re: Re: The X-Com Files - 0.9.1 alpha: The Shadow Pharaoh
« Reply #1887 on: June 17, 2018, 02:20:54 am »
Well, what to say? Since the first time I downloaded this mod it became only bigger and better, and each new version makes you to wait the next one. Amazing work as usual Solarius! Hope you'll make even more improvements on late game!

Offline tkzv

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1888 on: June 17, 2018, 05:24:51 am »
Hi!
What should be the settings of the game, so as not to overlap the mod? "Advanced", "Mods", etc.
Interesting!
So, if I understood correctly, you preferred the "hand-to-hand combat" option (punch) and you don't want to activate (make) the "melee with a weapon" options?
It's been discussed last autumn. Melee is doable, but making it balanced would require too much effort.
I made a mod that was compatible with XCF: https://openxcom.org/forum/index.php/topic,5719.0.html . The latest version of the mod has been generated from version 0.9.1, but I haven't tested it.
It was an experiment. Damage values need to be tuned. Besides, I did something wrong and can't tell the difference between stun and kill. Anyway, it worked, but since there was no feedback, I haven't done anything since then.

Two Three Four unrelated questions about X-COM Files:

1. In the caves I encountered a pit. What is there for? To fall in and stay until the end of the mission?

2. What is the intended behaviour of Osiron in the beach mission? Right now they shoot at agents with clubs and ignore agents with surfboards. Except that one goon still shot once when all agents had boards.

3. The "Big Bone" is described as possibly belonging to a dinosaur. Why aren't they sure? As far as I know, a professional biologist would easily tell a mammal from a dinosaur bone. Is it new or fossilized? If it's a fossil, perhaps the description should say so. If it's a fresh bone from a giant reptile, say, some reptoid pet, perhaps the description should be more surprised?
A strange bone, found in the caves. It looks like it belonged to a theropod dinosaur. The strange part is that the animal was alive less than a year ago.

4. Black Lotus Party and Police Anti-Monster operation expired way too quickly, in about 1 day. Did you shorten the time? Earlier the same missions waited long enough.
« Last Edit: June 18, 2018, 05:14:53 am by tkzv »

Offline BBHood217

• Commander
    • View Profile
« Reply #1889 on: June 17, 2018, 05:11:41 pm »
- Finished Zombie arc.

It's time.

...or it would be if I wasn't in the middle of playing Piratez right now.